Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

Surely, given that the V-Bomber and Owen average about a goal every 2 or 3 games, if they are fit they must start. The quality of those two when fit is unbelievably superior to anything else we have up front. Those two can score goals, but they also know how to retain posession and wait for our slow, slow midfield to get up to them.

Keep Carrol on the bench if things go pear shaped. He did very well coming into the game late and I think he'll be more effective that way than throwing him in from kickoff.

I'm not convinced Martins is the type of player you want in a relegation struggle, and he showed that last week with his no-show. Who is scared of Martins anyway? The fans behind the goal mouth?

If Tottenham play well we'll only get one or two chances - Shearer will know that you need quality up front in that kind of game and I think he might start Owen and V-bomber as a result.

In no way, shape or form should Viduka start - "fit" at this stage of the season should ONLY mean ready to bust a gut for 90 minutes, and much as I love the big man, for Viduka "full training" does not mean "ready to save our season". Impact sub for a few weeks is surely his best role...

Agree with Raconteur, no way should Viduka be starting this. I would go for Carroll and Owen if Martins isn't fit. Our best chance is to attack in this game, meaning Jonas must start. The midfield isn't going to have any legs, I would like to see Guthrie in there, but I know that Butt is never going to get dropped, so it's not going to happen!

I'm just hoping Shola doesn't start. I would rather a 50% fit Martins.

If he's not fully fit he shouldn't even be on the bus. Either he's fully fit and we should start him or he's not fit and he stays at Newcastle working on his fitness.  I hope they aren't dumb enough to throw him out there undercooked. He's woeful when he is below full fitness. Surely our medical staff would realise this though... oh...  :kinnear:

Guest toonlass

Carroll and Owen have to start up front. Viduka is a risk, whether he averages more goals or not, he could break down in the first 5 minutes and then you have used a sub.

Surely, given that the V-Bomber and Owen average about a goal every 2 or 3 games, if they are fit they must start. The quality of those two when fit is unbelievably superior to anything else we have up front. Those two can score goals, but they also know how to retain posession and wait for our slow, slow midfield to get up to them.

Keep Carrol on the bench if things go pear shaped. He did very well coming into the game late and I think he'll be more effective that way than throwing him in from kickoff.

I'm not convinced Martins is the type of player you want in a relegation struggle, and he showed that last week with his no-show. Who is scared of Martins anyway? The fans behind the goal mouth?

If Tottenham play well we'll only get one or two chances - Shearer will know that you need quality up front in that kind of game and I think he might start Owen and V-bomber as a result.

I hate to single out anyone because everyone is allowed their opinion on here but this post is just too shocking for words.

Start Viduka? Please please tell me you where intoxicated when you typed that? Are you friggin kiddin me? he shouldn't even be allowed anywhere near the club the fat waster. Carroll should be the first name on that team sheet thank you very much.

As for Martins not being the type of player you want in a relegation battle? Say what? Please tell me you were smoking something illegal when you were silly enough to type such a thing. Martins has been in relegation battles since he joined the club and his performances have been vital for us.

Your post is killing me right now. I'm so frustrated by it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!

Carroll and Owen have to start up front. Viduka is a risk, whether he averages more goals or not, he could break down in the first 5 minutes and then you have used a sub.

:thup:

It absolutely has to be Owen and Carroll up top, regardless of whether Martins or Lovenkrands make it and we go 4-3-3/3-5-2 again.

If Lennon plays and Enrique doesn't were going to have a problem. I wonder if they're considering Bassong at LB (assuming Taylor and Colo are fit) simply because we have no one else. Wouldn't want to take Bassong out of the centre but who else can stop Lennon streaming in behind (luckily he can't cross but he'll still cause trouble because the closest CB will have to go to him when he waltzs past the LB).

Moody.

how we gonna know ?

The last time we were told Viduka was "fit", he came on for about 10 minutes at West Brom, just to hold the ball up for a bit, and even then he was panting like an old pit pony afterwards.

The bloke is a write off, may as well just settle the fat fuckers contract and send him on his way. 1 and a half seasons of fuck all on his wages is totally fucking criminal. Shame, he showed early promise.

The last time we were told Viduka was "fit", he came on for about 10 minutes at West Brom, just to hold the ball up for a bit, and even then he was panting like an old pit pony afterwards.

Contributed a lot more in that game than Alan Smith has in pretty much any game I can remember. I'd have him on the bench ahead of Smudger, got nothing to lose by throwing him on with 10 to go if we're behind / searching for a winner.

I hate to single out anyone because everyone is allowed their opinion on here but this post is just too shocking for words.

Start Viduka? Please please tell me you where intoxicated when you typed that? Are you friggin kiddin me? he shouldn't even be allowed anywhere near the club the fat waster. Carroll should be the first name on that team sheet thank you very much.

As for Martins not being the type of player you want in a relegation battle? Say what? Please tell me you were smoking something illegal when you were silly enough to type such a thing. Martins has been in relegation battles since he joined the club and his performances have been vital for us.

Your post is killing me right now. I'm so frustrated by it.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!

I don't think he is claiming anything so outrageous that he must 'be intoxicated'.  A fit Viduka is a boost to our team like it or not, our results went on an upturn last season when he came back wasn't merely a coincidence.

It's not like he's claiming we 'blatantly signed 3 players at the training ground and going to unveil them last minute'.  I think that post of yours would top this one, its his opinion based on performances he has seen from those players in the past - unlike your wishful thinking earlier this year.

Guest neesy111

viduka will have to play a part to play at the end of the game especially if we're chasing a goal as he is our best target man and can make stuff happen i.e. spurs at home

but to start him would be a shocking error by shearer

Guest neesy111

Paul Merson reckons that Viduka is better than Berbatov when fully fit.

he is, but viduka is injured 90% of the time, berbatov hasn't exactly set man utd a light

Paul Merson reckons that Viduka is better than Berbatov when fully fit.

he is, but viduka is injured 90% of the time, berbatov hasn't exactly set man utd a light

Probably because he was Spurs' best player by a country mile, and now he's probably just in the top 9 or 10 players at Old Trafford.

Viduka needs to play at least 90 minutes of reserve action before he can even be considered imo. To much of a risk, with so much at risk.

Guest icemanblue

Viduka needs to play at least 90 minutes of reserve action before he can even be considered imo. To much of a risk, with so much at risk.

Sounds risky.