Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle United | Sun 19th Apr - White Hart Lane @ 1:30pm

Kaizero

If Al starts Shola I will lose all faith in him and the sport, even the three striker plan should not include Shola... Owen, Oba, Carroll and Owen Carroll Ranger if Oba is still crocked. Shola cannot help defend, he cannot hold the ball up, cannot pass it cannot tackle without giving away a freekick.

If Al starts Shola I will lose all faith in him and the sport, even the three striker plan should not include Shola... Owen, Oba, Carroll and Owen Carroll Ranger if Oba is still crocked. Shola cannot help defend, he cannot hold the ball up, cannot pass it cannot tackle without giving away a freekick.

:lol:

fuckin hell, if we had a one striker plan and the one striker we had on the books was shola i still wouldn't play him

Lennon will be a real threat to our pedestrian midfield, especially without a proper LB. Not sure how we'll be able to contain him.

Bassong. :pow:

Oh yeah :thup:

Seriously though, I think he's the best option. Edgar did a good job on Saturday and should keep his place. Bassong is pretty quick himself and we all know about his strength so he should be able to handle Lennon. If we played R.Taylor at left back (not sure who else we could actually play there!), my heart would be in my mouth every time Lennon got the ball.

Is it under 21s? Because Bassong is 22...might be why.

Nah, Young is exactly one year older than him.

I think you've gotta be under 23 at the start the season or something.

Just realised all these posts are in the wrong thread.  ;D

Our best central defender at LB, what on earth do people sniff on this board?

Beye  Colo  Bassong  S Taylor

in my opinion. Spurs don't really have what it takes through the middle to seriously trouble Colo to be honest

Beye   Colo   Bassong   S Taylor

in my opinion. Spurs don't really have what it takes through the middle to seriously trouble Colo to be honest

I can see their point TBH, even you've just conceded that Spurs don't threaten as much through the middle. Lennon is the big worry, at least Bassong is quick, strong and left footed.

You'd put Taylor up against Lennon? What on earth are you sniffing?

You'd put Taylor up against Lennon? What on earth are you sniffing?

Taylor will do a job against Lennon at full-back imo. Bully, upset him and don't give him an inch and he's out of the game, we saw that at SJP against Jose.

Colo is giving himself more problems than any striker is going to ATM.

OK, I'm willing to entertain the possibility that I've just spontaneously lost my mind.

Is the idea that we've been underdogs against Tottenham for our last six wins THAT ridiculous? :rolleyes:

I've simply no idea how this has snowballed in such an ugly manner.

You don't think saying that

We have ALWAYS been worse than Spurs.

We have ALWAYS had no right whatsoever to beat them.

was just a little bit stupid?

OK, I'm willing to entertain the possibility that I've just spontaneously lost my mind.

Is the idea that we've been underdogs against Tottenham for our last six wins THAT ridiculous? :rolleyes:

I've simply no idea how this has snowballed in such an ugly manner.

You don't think saying that

We have ALWAYS been worse than Spurs.

We have ALWAYS had no right whatsoever to beat them.

was just a little bit stupid?

Oldtype is right when it comes to our recent run over Spurs. They have been the better team throughout it. That run only last like two or thee years though. We were usually better than Spurs before that.

You don't have a god-given right to beat them just like they don't have a god-given right to beat you.

Not sure what is so confusing about that.

Of course we've got a god given right to beat them, are you an idiot or something?

Guest rinaldo #18

Would like to see this midfield and attack:

4-3-1-2

Guthrie-Butt-Nolan

--------Jonás

Owen/Martins-Carroll