Joey Barton

JJ7

It was frustration which I can understand.

Anyway if he had won the ball then it would of been a great challange.  I wouldn't say it was intentional.

If it was anyone else nothing would be said now - people just cant get over what hes done in the past.  It doesnt bother me at all to be honest

why would he be frustrated ?

does that frustration make him do things like that ?

can you see a circle forming ?

It was frustration which I can understand.

Anyway if he had won the ball then it would of been a great challange.  I wouldn't say it was intentional.

If it was anyone else nothing would be said now - people just cant get over what hes done in the past.  It doesnt bother me at all to be honest

Barton's not a 12 year old kicking it about in the park, he's a highly paid professional footballer with one of the worst on/off field records in the history of football in this country. Get real man, Barton is a psychopath and we are paying his wages, and that's got to end.

Guest Heneage

Oh Joey.

A very good player that despite the mauling on Sunday showed glimpses of attacking midfield ability with varied passig and a good through ball to Lovenkrands, all traits that would have been fantastic assets on Monday. Having read McKays comments he's just doing his job and putting spin on for his client as it's debateable now if anyone in the top tier would take a punt on Barton and even less likely anyone will pay the wage offered on Tyneside sadly he is like a paper aeroplane just as he begins to get high and back to the top he does something that puts his image further down in the gutter he spent so long trying to climb out of, it's great having talent but useless if you don't use it. And if Shearer telling him can't do it you wonder what can. The media will always give him a harder time than most and rightly so really, but the sooner he realizes that he is 26 and more remebered for everything he's done off the field more then anything he's ever done on the pitch the better.

If we do go down expect Barton to take some of the blame and rightly so, because when we needed you most Joey you weren't there.

It was a fair tackle, he won the ball fair and square and it was only his trailing leg as he slid in that caught Alonso. Was never even a free kick never mind a sending off which is exactly what Barton was telling Carragher as he walked off.

he didn't "win" the ball at all. he touched it before finding his INTENDED TARGET the player which is why he got sent off.

And you know that how?

I thought it was a great challenge fwiw.

His agent Willie McKay said: Even if Newcastle do get relegated, Joey would want to stay on and play his part in making sure they bounced straight back into the Premier League.

Its ridiculous to claim Joey has played his last game for Newcastle as he has three years left on his contract and wants to honour that commitment.

He has had a frustrating time because of his foot injury and this was his first game back so hes naturally very disappointed his season has been brought to an end when Newcastle need him.

He gave everything he had for the Newcastle team at Anfield and has every intention of doing so in the future.

Barton is one of the few players I'd like to keep if we go down unless we get our money back. There's no way we should give him away on the cheap after paying him to watch from the sidelines for two years. If we are going to be cutting the wage bill next year there's plenty of dross we could ship out instead.

Before anyone says it, the moral angle doesn't concern me in the slightest. If we were bothered about that we'd have sacked him last year.

Guest toonlass

Just had a text from the club and it says "NUFC can confirm that Joey Baron has been suspended from the club until further notice"

Guest elbee909

Just had a text from the club and it says "NUFC can confirm that Joey Baron has been suspended from the club until further notice"

Let's hope the rope doesn't snap.  I assume he's being suspended from the roof.

Guest toonlass

an official text?

Yup, should be coming up on .co.uk asap too

Guest Stephen927

Good. Joey Barton has taken the piss out of this club, we invested a lot of money into him and he's thrown it back in our faces on more than one occasion. He's a lost cause, and I hope that if his future does lie away from here, that he ends up playing lower league football on a pittance of a wage, then he'll see what he's thrown away.

Good to see Shearer making it public that he plans on disciplining Barton. We've sat back in the past and came under heavy criticism for seemingly not taken any action even when he was in jail for assault, why not turn the coin onto the other side and let everyone know what action we're planning to take.

How many chances has he had?

And he's blown every single one.

Whether or not it was a red card is irrelevant, there was no need for him to go in and attempt a tackle like that, absolutely none.

He's scum. That wont change.

Guest toonlass

Says something else as well. Alan Shearer is swinging some weight for being a "temporary" manager. Since he has come in he has brought his own assistant, Wise has gone, the club doctor has gone, he dropped Owen, he has suspended Barton. Hope these are all signs that Alan is a more permanant feature.

Guest Phil K

There's a difference between passion and off your f***ing head!

Theres also a difference between having your own opinion and repeating verbatim what the anti-Newcastle media say.

As for this - I hope it works

I doubt it will.

Guest Stephen927

http://i39.tinypic.com/b7kmdx.gif

Wor Joey's in the yellow btw.

More Craig Bellamy v John Arne Riise tbh.  :lol: