PFA Player of the Year: Ryan Giggs

Frazzle

if ryan gigg's get's on that list, then torre's has to be on for me, because the last 2 months he's been unbelievable tbh

lo'l

:lol: Torre's and Gigg's ...brilliant.

Anyway, surely the odd one out, Gerrard will get it.

Guest timmy boy

My West Ham supporting mate is adamant that Jack Collison should be in the young player list like we are with Bassong.

My West Ham supporting mate is adamant that Jack Collison should be in the young player list like we are with Bassong.

Oh yeah, forgot about him. He's been good in the West Ham games I've seen. A scandal that Fellaini isn't getting nominated, instead of the mainstay in a 5-6th place finish side we have some Man U substitute players.

What about NAsri, Mikel Obi, Diaby, Walcott, Luka Modric, Wheater, Kompany, or other young players that actually play important roles for ther clubs instead of looking decent for ten games.

Mikel's probably not on there because he's s***.

tru dat bwoy

I disagree. What is bwoy? Did you just call me, Messi, or Mikel gay?

Bwoy is boy is nowt. Calm your passions baba

No Jagielka? Fucking disgrace.

Alonso has had arguably his best season to date as well, why is Giggs actually there?

VDS is just stupid when you consider that someone of Torres' quality didn't make it. How many MOTM performances have the two of them put in this season? Torres must have numerous under his belt but VDS would have, what? Maybe one?

The young players list is arguably worse. Evans and Rafael have played only a handful of games between them but the likes of Fellaini & Bassong who have been important players at their clubs all season don't get the nod? Then you've got people who broke through a bit later to become first team fixtures like Collison not recognised for it.

I hate how biased football is. It's gone beyond a joke now.

Guest BooBoo

I dont really think it's been a season of truly outstanding performances. Look at the top scorers for example, Anelka top with 15 and how many has he scored in 2009? No more than a handful.

I dont really think it's been a season of truly outstanding performances. Look at the top scorers for example, Anelka top with 15 and how many has he scored in 2009? No more than a handful.

good point but looking at it without prior knowledge you'd think Man U had the league wrapped up already.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7998204.stm

Weird Lists

Main

Rio Ferdinand

Steven Gerrard

Ryan Giggs

Cristiano Ronaldo

Edwin Van Der Sar

Nemanja Vidic

Young player

Gabriel Agbonlahor

Jonny Evans

Stephen Ireland

Aaron Lennon

Rafael Da Silva

Ashley Young

Rafael?  Only played ten games for god's sake.

Bassong should be a young player nominee IMO, but its no surprise he's been overlooked.

Wtf VDS,Ronaldo,Giggs Ferdinand????O yes all Man U players!No Lampard..thats a disgrace and im no fan of the cunt

Guest firetotheworks

Further proof of the bias and elitism in English football. Can't really say much more without launching into a massive rant.

:angel:

True, but at the same time you'd think Lampard, Bosingwa and possibly Torres, Essien and Alonso would be in there as part of the elitism. Just seems like theyre putting Giggs in because he's had an amazing career. Like when Cannavaro won World Player of the Year for almost no reason at all.

Maybe elitism isn't quite the right word.

Incompetence is probably more apt.

Pains me to say it but where the hell is Torres? Lampard and Essien as well as you say. If VDS gets in for doing f*** all due to the defence in front of him, then Essien should be in for what he's done in the games he's been fit in alone.

come on then folks. time for your lists. half a doz of main awards and young player awards.

main award...........

vidic

essien

torres

gerrard

given

anelka

young player....

ashley young

bassong

walcott (even though he's played so few games)

noble

wormy

ireland

yours ?