PFA Player of the Year: Ryan Giggs

Frazzle

Nah I think it is an awesome gesture giving it to someone who has performed at the highest level for years without the off-field publicity.

Giggs is a true hero of the modern game and deserves the accolade more than any other player in the league.

Nah I think it is an awesome gesture giving it to someone who has performed at the highest level for years without the off-field publicity.

Giggs is a true hero of the modern game and deserves the accolade more than any other player in the league.

That's what the "Outstanding Achievement" award is for.

Guest kingdawson

If Steven Ireland won the main awad, no one could have honestly complained. Instead they give the young player of the year award to Ashley Young who's been ok, and Ryan Giggs who probably wouldn't get into the top 5 united players ffs.

Guest Heneage

Its funny but on Sky today they discussed the PFA awards, and asked for the two pundits opinions who should be crowned player of the year, Jason Roberts who up until that point had seemed of very sound opinion and an intelligent bloke said Giggs, as once again he had been the best player that season and that he had been outstanding, or superlatives to that effect.

Richard Keys who in my opinion is a reasonably fair guy said "But he's only made 12 starts?". Queue jokes of how they were good starts, Har D flipping Har. Why not give it to Arshavin then ? He's been great for Arsenal, ok so he's played maybe half a dozen games, but if we are just basing it on how they played in a couple of games , let's include Cisse or Geovanni both have "Performed" in a few games this season.

The young player award falls under the same umbrella, Ashley Young is a good player, I do not for one minute debate that, but has he been consistently good all season, no. Stephen Ireland for all the stick that he gets has been the best young player in England this season, his interplay with Robinho has at times, been on par with the Brazillians a player that cost them £32.8m to buy.

Now I regularly find myself laughing at Liverpool fans as they are both biased and often stupid, but if Ryan Giggs can be considered one of this leagues best performers, then I put Fernando Torres right at the top of that same list, his goal against Blackburn alone gets him on that list .The PFA awards are not meant to hold sentiment, they are supposed to record who was the best player that season.

Its funny but on Sky today they discussed the PFA awards, and asked for the two pundits opinions who should be crowned player of the year, Jason Roberts who up until that point had seemed of very sound opinion and an intelligent bloke said Giggs, as once again he had been the best player that season and that he had been outstanding, or superlatives to that effect.

Richard Keys who in my opinion is a reasonably fair guy said "But he's only made 12 starts?". Queue jokes of how they were good starts, Har D flipping Har. Why not give it to Arshavin then ? He's been great for Arsenal, ok so he's played maybe half a dozen games, but if we are just basing it on how they played in a couple of games , let's include Cisse or Geovanni both have "Performed" in a few games this season.

The young player award falls under the same umbrella, Ashley Young is a good player, I do not for one minute debate that, but has he been consistently good all season, no. Stephen Ireland for all the stick that he gets has been the best young player in England this season, his interplay with Robinho has at times, been on par with the Brazillians a player that cost them £32.8m to buy.

Now I regularly find myself laughing at Liverpool fans as they are both biased and often stupid, but if Ryan Giggs can be considered one of this leagues best performers, then I put Fernando Torres right at the top of that same list, his goal against Blackburn alone gets him on that list .The PFA awards are not meant to hold sentiment, they are supposed to record who was the best player that season.

Good post.

*gulp* :razz:

Excellent post.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

That's all you can say. Just shows ya how thick the average footballer is. How can a player who has started 12 games possibly be chosen the player of the year?

Evans and Rafael being nominated for the young player of the year award ahead of the likes of Fellaini is beyond a joke too. I'm lost for words really.

Guest firetotheworks

Hahaha, as if the nomination were'nt funny enough without the player least deserving of it on that list ending up winning. All this has done for me is cemented a mental note in my head that the actual players of the year were Lampard/Gerrard and Stephen Ireland.

Whilst all the talk is about Giggs, it's an absolute disgrace Stephen Ireland didn't get 'Young Player of the Year' and didn't even get into the 'Team of the Season'. What an absolute farce these fucking awards have become.

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

That's all you can say. Just shows ya how thick the average footballer is. How can a player who has started 12 games possibly be chosen the player of the year?

Evans and Rafael being nominated for the young player of the year award ahead of the likes of Fellaini is beyond a joke too. I'm lost for words really.

Elbowing cunt.

*winks at Neil*

I'd love to see a clip of Giggs' contributions this season. How long would that last, a minute?

You could make a DVD out of Ireland, Jagielka and Vidic's performances.