Tottenham Hotspur 1 - 0 Newcastle - 19/04/08 - post match reaction from page 25

Dave

All this talk of "we need to win x amount of games" or we're down is bollocks.

It all depends on how Blackburn and Hull do.

Yes, let's take those home wins for granted.

What does it matter, I'm not playing.

Why, can they lose points?

Well, obviously we need to get three points, but you know...  :blush:

We could draw all three home games and stay up potentially.

We're four points behind 17th though. ???

Goal difference?

We still need four points to be above them. :lol:

Hey, I deleted that.  :rant:

Still think all this talk of us needing a couple of wins is bollocks?

Goal difference?

why ?

Harper - 5 - Schoolboy error to spill it to the opposition striker for the goal, had a couple of decent blocks and rushes after that.

Beye - 6 - Decent, a number of good sliding tackles

Bassong - 5 - Awful in the first half, had to decide late on in the build-up whether to go to the ball out wide or stick to the man in the middle, as such Bent raped him every time he got the ball. Improved in the second, made one top class block.

S. Taylor - 6 - Fairly solid

Jonas - 7 - Our main outlet for the majority of the game, a number of good dribbles and incisive passes. However, as usual, he's got nothing in the way of a final ball.

Butt - doesnt merit a rating. f*** off

Nolan - likewise

R. Taylor - and again

Duff - 3 - struggled with his wing-back role, lennon tore him to bits while he was too isolated to really do anything about their passing. contributed little going forward.

Carroll - 4 - out of the game

Owen - 3 - out of the game for longer

Smith - 6 - had one or two sloppy moments but his touch and passing is far better than Butt or Nolan's. still doesnt look like scoring ever.

Viduka - 7 - Laboured a little but showed excellent control and vision, backheel to martins as soon as he came on was impressive. has to start.

Martins - 8 - immediate impact, used his pace and movement well and his link-play was also good. showed excellent instinct to fashion a few chances but lacked the sharpness to put them away. the disallowed goal wouldve been great.

Exactly as I think...

Goal difference?

A win and a draw. Plus a major miracle.

You utter cunts. I was optimistic until the clever fuckers who can count stuck their oars in.

West Brom now 3-2 down! Everyone fighting for their lives down their and Boro players devastated when they only drew yesterday. Did our players look bothered  :angry:

It's because that shower of shite we support are in complete denial. They won't break a sweat because they seem to assume something or somebody else will come along to save our season. There is ZERO collective responsibility, they're all expecting someone else to shoulder it and go up the gears. 

Goal difference?

A win and a draw. Plus a major miracle.

You utter cunts. I was optimistic until the clever fuckers who can count stuck their oars in.

:lol:

West Brom now 3-2 down! Everyone fighting for their lives down their and Boro players devastated when they only drew yesterday. Did our players look bothered  :angry:

It's because that shower of s**** we support are in complete denial. They won't break a sweat because they seem to assume something or somebody else will come along to save our season. There is ZERO collective responsibility, they're all expecting someone else to shoulder it and go up the gears. 

Why should they be bothered? We've got possibly two retiree's at the end of the season and 4(?) new players this season and absolutley zero sence of responsibility in the other players, I'd be more confident of staying up if i was a West Brom fan right now. I'm trying to think positive in that next season if we survive(which i personally can't see) there'll be a massive shake up and if we do go down the kids and reserves will get blooded fast in the championship.

Can't see Ashley keeping the club though! Leeds here we come.

Newcastle manager Alan Shearer:

"The one positive is the second half - we did a lot better.

"We had to start with three at the back. It worked against Stoke (when Newcastle drew 1-1) but we struggled in the first half today."

"We had to start with three at the back. It worked against Stoke (when Newcastle drew 1-1) but we struggled in the first half today."

Earlier in the week he was saying he's not bothered about performances, it's results that count. :lol:

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1632834,00.html

ALAN Shearer says that he was left encouraged by Newcastle United's second-half display despite going down to a 1-0 defeat at Spurs on Sunday.

The Toon boss shuffled his pack after the break as Alan Smith, Oba Martins and Mark Viduka were introduced with the Magpies trailing to Darren Bent's 23rd-minute effort.

And Shearer said: "I was encouraged by the second-half.

"But we had to come out and do that.

"The only option was to throw on Oba Martins and Mark Viduka and we did get a reaction.

"The one positive was the second-half and we looked more threatening.

"They brought a little bit of energy but sadly the equaliser never came."

The only of the game came following an incisive Spurs breakaway from a United corner, and Shearer was left disappointed by the nature of the goal.

"It was very sloppy," he added.

"They scored from our corner which was disappointing.

"It was a good save from Steve Harper to keep out the first effort from Bent and on another day the ball goes to safety.

"But it's come back to him and he's put it in."

B*ll*cks from Shearer, tbh - we could've played 4 at the back with any out of Edgar, Raylor or Bassong at LB, and though the left-back position wouldn't have been ideal, the back four would've overall been much better than the back 3 + wing backs that we started with today.

B*ll*cks from Shearer, tbh - we could've played 4 at the back with any out of Edgar, Raylor or Bassong at LB, and though the left-back position wouldn't have been ideal, the back four would've overall been much better than the back 3 + wing backs that we started with today.

How the hell did it work against Stoke? They bummed us around for the whole game, bar the last 20 minutes where we managed to get our only shot on target which luckily resulted in a goal.

Watching NUFC play is like visiting an aunt in hospital who is dying of cancer.

You want to spend as much time as possible with her, and you hope against all logic that she might pull through, but you just know your watching her die and there's nothing you or anyone can do to change that very likely outcome.  Your just sitting there politely chatting, mentally deciding what you are going to say at the funeral.

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1632834,00.html

ALAN Shearer says that he was left encouraged by Newcastle United's second-half display despite going down to a 1-0 defeat at Spurs on Sunday.

The Toon boss shuffled his pack after the break as Alan Smith, Oba Martins and Mark Viduka were introduced with the Magpies trailing to Darren Bent's 23rd-minute effort.

And Shearer said: "I was encouraged by the second-half.

"But we had to come out and do that.

"The only option was to throw on Oba Martins and Mark Viduka and we did get a reaction.

"The one positive was the second-half and we looked more threatening.

"They brought a little bit of energy but sadly the equaliser never came."

The only of the game came following an incisive Spurs breakaway from a United corner, and Shearer was left disappointed by the nature of the goal.

"It was very sloppy," he added.

"They scored from our corner which was disappointing.

"It was a good save from Steve Harper to keep out the first effort from Bent and on another day the ball goes to safety.

"But it's come back to him and he's put it in."

I hope he gave them the biggest bollocking any side has ever gotten.

it didn't work against Stoke though did it Al? we should have been down 3-0 before the hour

Guest Heneage

Hopefully he sees that 4 at the back worked much better, he needs to stop trying to reinvent the wheel. 4 at the back, with a midfield 3 of Barton Jonas Guthrie then the top 3 of Viduka Martins and Owen in the hole assuming he is still set on playing him.