Should Owen be dropped?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

shocking the lack of leadership and passion in our dressing room considering how many captains/ex-captains/vice-captains we have.

Nolan (Bolton)

Cacapa (Lyon)

Owen (captain)

Geremi (ex-captain)

Beye (Marseilles)

Butt (Vice-captain)

Taylor (England U21s)

Viduka (Australia)

shocking the lack of leadership and passion in our dressing room considering how many captains/ex-captains/vice-captains we have.

Nolan (Bolton)

Cacapa (Lyon)

Owen (captain)

Geremi (ex-captain)

Beye (Marseilles)

Butt (Vice-captain)

Taylor (England U21s)

Viduka (Australia)

I would like to see Taylor get the armband myself.

Nolan (Bolton)

Cacapa (Lyon)

Owen (captain)

Geremi (ex-captain)

Beye (Marseilles)

Butt (Vice-captain)

Taylor (England U21s)

Viduka (Australia)

take away Taylor and Beye and you have a definite trend there

Nolan (Bolton)

Cacapa (Lyon)

Owen (captain)

Geremi (ex-captain)

Beye (Marseilles)

Butt (Vice-captain)

Taylor (England U21s)

Viduka (Australia)

What a surprise.

Nolan (Bolton)

Cacapa (Lyon)

Owen (captain)

Geremi (ex-captain)

Beye (Marseilles)

Butt (Vice-captain)

Taylor (England U21s)

Viduka (Australia)

I don't think he'd make a good captain given that he's thick as mince. Wouldn't command respect.

Plus, His injury looks to be a bit worse than we thought so probably won't be back in contention for a while.

Dear God, Steven Taylor might have played his last game for us :lol:

Nolan (Bolton)

Cacapa (Lyon)

Owen (captain)

Geremi (ex-captain)

Beye (Marseilles)

Butt (Vice-captain)

Taylor (England U21s)

Viduka (Australia)

What a surprise.

How so?

The most dumb player we have as captain. Go to bed mate

:lol:

In that list?

He plays with the most passion, heart and throws his body about to stop our rot. 

He was the only one in that line-up that struck out as having those qualities.

Plus he's from Newcastle, he plays in the starting line up.  He also is the most vocal player on the pitch on the match day.

I guess you don't like those qualities either.

In that list?

He plays with the most passion, heart and throws his body about to stop our rot. 

Plus he's from Newcastle, he plays in the starting line up.  He also is the most vocal player on the pitch on the match day.

Habib Beye's not from Newcastle. ???

Nolan (Bolton)

Cacapa (Lyon)

Owen (captain)

Geremi (ex-captain)

Beye (Marseilles)

Butt (Vice-captain)

Taylor (England U21s)

Viduka (Australia)

What a surprise.

How so?

Wasn't it you and Jayson campaigning against Coloccini?

In that list?

Habib Beye's Joey Barton's not from Newcastle. ???

absolutely

been saying it should be Beye for over a year

Your opinion, personally think Taylor is more vocal, definitely more passionate about whether we win or lose, good leader for U21's. 

A captain is probably more involved with the whole team if they play in either center defense or center midfield too. 

Problem with Taylor as captain is that he's far too error prone, you can't have your captain running around like a headless chicken as often as Taylor does.

Beye's the best candidate really, would be Barton if he wasn't such a lunatic off the field.

If it should be anyone, it has to be Beye. The captain has to be a talented player who is capable of leading on the pitch and vocal. Him and Taylor are probably the only options. We have a dressing room full of overpaid, cowardly hasbeens and no-hopers bought on the cheap by a regime doing their best to turn us into a charva clothing chain.

It pains me to see this money whoring, horse owning, past-it fool wear the armband that since childhood many of us have dreamed of wearing. Everybody in this forum is better suited to wearing it, because at least we'd give a shit.

In that list?

Habib Beye's Joey Barton's Steven Taylor's not from Newcastle. ???

Guest toonlass

What is your definition of "finishing" again dcmk? Mine is when the ball ends up in the back of the net. Michael Owen has not put the ball in the back of the net for eons now. 1 goal in 14 games. Sod your 1 in ever 2 ratio. If that is true then where are the other 6 goals he should have scored in those 14 games? I don't care about statistics that can be manipulated to make Michael Owen whatever you want him to be. The fact of the matter is that Michael Owen has not scored a goal for us since January 10th, in which time Andy Carroll has scored 3, Peter Lovenkrands has scored 2 and even Steven "sodding defender" Taylor has scored 2! Come on man, get real. Owen needs to be carried through games, when he is not scoring (and he has only scored 1 in 2009) he contributes very little to the game, and nothing worthy of making the man captain of the team apart from it stroking his ego.

What is your definition of "finishing" again dcmk? Mine is when the ball ends up in the back of the net. Michael Owen has not put the ball in the back of the net for eons now. 1 goal in 14 games. Sod your 1 in ever 2 ratio. If that is true then where are the other 6 goals he should have scored in those 14 games? I don't care about statistics that can be manipulated to make Michael Owen whatever you want him to be. The fact of the matter is that Michael Owen has not scored a goal for us since January 10th, in which time Andy Carroll has scored 3, Peter Lovenkrands has scored 2 and even Steven "sodding defender" Taylor has scored 2! Come on man, get real. Owen needs to be carried through games, when he is not scoring (and he has only scored 1 in 2009) he contributes very little to the game, and nothing worthy of making the man captain of the team apart from it stroking his ego.

and your alternative is?

bearing in mind we don't have the wingers for 4-4-2 or anyone else to slot into the gap in a 4-3-3

Guest toonlass

and your alternative is?

bearing in mind we don't have the wingers for 4-4-2 or anyone else to slot into the gap in a 4-3-3

Sell Michael Owen in the January transfer wind.....Oh shit

Buy a proven premiership striker in the January transfer windo......Oh shit

Sell Michael Owen last summe.....Oh shit

Buy a proven premiership striker in last summer's transfer wind.....Oh shit

I'm ganning to the pub.

and your alternative is?

Sell Michael Owen in the January transfer wind.....Oh shit

Buy a proven premiership striker in the January transfer windo......Oh shit

Sell Michael Owen last summe.....Oh shit

Buy a proven premiership striker in last summer's transfer wind.....Oh shit

I'm ganning to the pub.

:lol:  yeah right, the horse has bolted, come back and been made into a pot of glue to hold up the sports direct logo i'd say

an alterntive might be stick with 4-3-3 and play viduka deeper with martins and ranger (only forward with pace, except mcloven who i'm not convinced by) up front

try and get the ball into viduka to hold it up, drop a shoulder lose his man and look for a through ball to the top two with the pace

would offer us more than owen is in the same position but we'd sacrifice some defensive stuff owen does do

that is not for liverpool by the way, 'boro and fulham at home when the games are tighter

Guest toonlass

Everton are lining up a summer bid for Newcastle striker Michael Owen with the former England star prepared for a cut in his £100,000-a-week wages. (Daily Express)

How anyone can defend this mercenary is beyond belief!

He clearly doesnt give a s#it, is totally inneffective in open play and is only on the team as 'if he gets a chance, he'll puut it away'.

Well he had his chance on Monday night and totally, totally fluffed it.

Add to that he is still captain of our sinking ship, madness!

Did anyone else notice when Jose was down injured, Owen just stood bout 5 yards away looking around, wondering when his next winner will run, disgraceful.

even pompy players went to Jose as they knew how unlucky his injury was.

I have never hated a toon player so much and will always remember him as the one scumbag who bled this club dry