The worst side you've seen your team play live.

Guest Heneage

Bnei Saskin from Israel. They came and tried to kick us off the park, but they even failed at that.

Blackburn when we beat them 3-0 just before Souness arrived were awful. I remember the Blackburn fans singing "This is the team that Souness left"

Bnei Saskin from Israel. They came and tried to kick us off the park, but they even failed at that.

Blackburn when we beat them 3-0 just before Souness arrived were awful. I remember the Blackburn fans singing "This is the team that Souness left"

Aye, agree with the Israeli team, Kluivert was good that day, lost his earring or something though

Orient 0 Yeovil 0 on the day we drew 1-1 at The Emirates (take your pick, both were utter rubbish) and I traveled down without a ticket. Also saw a poor Sunderland team beat a couple of sides 7-0 when they were in the 3rd Division; now that was crap. Still, I can still smile as I remember standing in the Fulwell End  as Tony Cascarino scored  ........  :iamatwat: :iamatwat: :iamatwat: There were a few other Mags there as well. A treasured moment, more so as they laugh at us now; they thought they'd survived - oh no they hadn't.  :snod:

Guest michaelfoster

Nobody mentioned

Newcastle 8 Shef Wed 0,

St James Park

19/9/99

Shearer 5 including a hattrick in 12 mins

A.Hughes

Speed

Dyer

Birtley Town FC played some absolute dogshite once.  Believe it or not, they're no worldbeaters, whoever it was they were playing (I want to say Hebburn, could be wrong) were atrocious.  I remember one ball was hoofed clear by a centre half, bounced, and caught the keeper out who was in no-mans land and went in.  Also an amazing own goal in the form of a flying diving header.

watched busan icons play daejeon citizen back in 1999 or early 2000 (korean k league)

f*** me it was s***, couldn't tell you who was the worst team though they merged into a giant turd of awfulness

what happened to chonbuk motors over there?  my housemate used to be them on fifa all the time, and now they've disappeared  :dave:

one for oldtype dude!  i've no idea, don't follow it that closely as i'm not around so often these days through work

Nobody mentioned

Newcastle 8 Shef Wed 0,

St James Park

19/9/99

Shearer 5 including a hattrick in 12 mins

A.Hughes

Speed

Dyer

Sheff Wed were the better team in the 1st half IIRC. We just took our chances.

Not exactly sure of the team, think it was Swindon, but in 1988 in the FA cup. We won 5-0 I know that and team we played were s****.

goes without saying if we beat them in 1988.

Lou Macari and ultimately the reason why Swindon were refused promotion in 89/90 (mackems went up instead)

aw fuck man, just when things were going so shit this season, you had to go and remind me of the 1990 play offs../... :no:

Guest BooBoo

Not technically my team but i saw a truly awful Notts County team ripped apart by an avergae Bristol City side once , in glorious sunshine at Ashton Gate.

watched busan icons play daejeon citizen back in 1999 or early 2000 (korean k league)

f*** me it was s***, couldn't tell you who was the worst team though they merged into a giant turd of awfulness

what happened to chonbuk motors over there?  my housemate used to be them on fifa all the time, and now they've disappeared  :dave:

one for oldtype dude!  i've no idea, don't follow it that closely as i'm not around so often these days through work

Chonbuk is doing just fine. Signed a lot of ex-internationals (including good 'ol Lee Dong-Guk, formerly of Boro :lol:) in the off-season and might be in with a chance for the title.

But yeah, outside of the top 4~5 teams on a good day, the K-League is very often shit. It's just very compressed and physical and hard to watch for anyone who's not a supporter.

Guest WashyGeordie

The pre-season tournament in Mallorca (or where ever it was) albeit friendly matches.

The Wigan match when we lost 1-0 in the cup (and should of got a draw via a dubious disallowed Shearer goal) and the AZ Alkmaar game (when we should of went through really, with a 4-2 lead) was a dissmal performance.

They both spring to mind.

Guest palnese

The pre-season tournament in Mallorca (or where ever it was) albeit friendly matches.

The Wigan match when we lost 1-0 in the cup (and should of got a draw via a dubious disallowed Shearer goal) and the AZ Alkmaar game (when we should of went through really, with a 4-2 lead) was a dissmal performance.

They both spring to mind.

I attended the Hertha Berlin match. Shola and Smith up front. It was Jonas first match in black and white. Piss poor performance allround

Frölunda in the Swedish second division in 2005.

I think I should win this hands down.

I raise you one Kwangjoo Sangmoo Phoenix, the Korean military team. (who plays in our top division)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangmoo

I raise you FK Silkefot, a Norwegian fifth division club.

Finally, you've all accepted that Newcastle aren't your team. Well done.

Guest Jungle Barry

I thought Stoke at home this season were one of the worst sides i've seen at st james' in years. Especially the first half.

The fact that they got a draw in the end speaks volumes about our current predicament however.

I thought Stoke at home this season were one of the worst sides i've seen at st james' in years. Especially the first half.

The fact that they got a draw in the end speaks volumes about our current predicament however.

Couldn't agree more, on both counts.