We could still escape

womblemaster

just to clarify I was refering to that ridiculous article

I may not agree with everything it says but it shows an outsider view that thinks we aren't going to be relegated. It seems most people on here think we are already down. Why are Hull and Sunderland fans worrying if we are a certainty to be relegated?

Hull's run-in anyone? I think it's gonna be us or Hull that goes down tbh. I can see the filth getting another win this season but I think we still have one in us as well.

I can't fully remember who Hull have to play though so I think it could be a photo finish tbh.

I'm afraid I've lost all hope. I think we're beyond saving and so if somehow the gods favour us and we stay up, then that'll be a bonus.

I'm not getting my hopes up and I expect us to be playing in the Championship next season...fucking hell, even typing that sent a shiver down my spine..

Guest Mucky01

so many people presume the Baggies are out of it – someone other than them could finish bottom.

True but finishing anywhere in the bottom 3 carries the same punishment so it's more or less irrelevant whether a team finishes 20th, 19th or 18th.

that’s my point, they’re not relegated yet. They play Wigan and Blackburn who will have nowt to play for, if they pick up any points in their other two games then....

As long as these people who've thrown in the towel aren't coming into the games.  I know i've posted a few times, but it's really winding me up.  I mean, would these people be 100% they were staying up if they were Hull fans or mackems?  I don't think so.

It's like when people claim they've done crap in an exam when they don't really think they have, just to hedge their bets.  That's harmless, but i believe it's harmful to the team if we go to the games defeated, at this stage.

Guest prestonj1989

I think Bolton are going to let us down. I can see Hull and Sunderland getting something there and I also fancy Hull to get something at home to Stoke. I have us finishing on 37 with Sunderland and Hull on 38.

Our season's been all about wasted opportunities. Yes of course there is a chance that we can stay up, but that will take a complete shift in application from the players. They've failed to take almost all our opportunities that have been presented to us. We need a trigger to instill some belief and confidence in the players, like the Brum away game last year, could that be scraping a point at Liverpool ?

2 wins is enough. 1 might be, if it is against Boro. Remember  Boro and Hull are even more shite than us at the moment.  Hulls only chance for points is at home against Stoke. I would love it if we only beat boro and still stayed up :-) .

Owen - I can keep us up

Michael Owen remains confident he can fire Newcastle to safety, but only if he receives the right kind of service

I was going to say 'service my arse', but then I realised how that sounded.

Guest Phil K

Yeah we can.

If we had seen just an inkling of promise....

Sadly we haven't.

Owen - I can keep us up

Michael Owen remains confident he can fire Newcastle to safety, but only if he receives the right kind of service

Almost peed myself laughing at this

Wouldn't have been a good idea tho' - at work  O0 ;D :iamatwat: :thup:

Owen - I can keep us up

:lol::lol:

Owen - I can keep us up

:lol:

either way I'm sure we would have understood :lol:

Actually, that list is clearly outside the scope of a copyrighted fixture list, as that depends on a (few) specific format(s), and the list is only quoted in part in the article, and commented throughout, which is considered "fair dealing".

Of course, the idea that a fixture list can be copyrighted is shady as hell, and the European Court of Justice basically told the Premier League to go fuck themselves when they wanted to extend the copyright claim to the fixture "database" (and thus the data). Here's a fun read (scroll down to Judgments on the Fixtures Marketing lawsuits). That said, it's far too expensive to protect one's rights against the abuses of rich people (British law is especially skewed in favour of the rich as they don't have to prove anything to take down a web site), so it's better not to post any two or more fixtures together at all, for the sake of the Newcastle-Online.

after some very depressing months i somehow starts to believe we can stay up on the behalf of Hull!

...maybe it is the beautiful springwheather talking, dunno? But what a nice feeling it is :aww:

We're still fighting boys and girls, well not really, it's just the other teams are trying to prove that they're more shite than our lot. But we're still in with a chance when we should be dead and buried.

Is it going to be typical NUFC making us suffer until the final minute of the final game of the season and then disappointing us? Or is it going to be last minute glory with the mackems going down instead of us, or as 2nd prize Hull going down with their mackem manager?

From where I'm sitting I wouldn't call it exciting, it's gut wrenchingly tense and the tension rises with every minute of every game played by the possible relegation candidates.

I still believe we can do it and a win against the Smoggies will go a long way to proving me right.