Newcastle 3 - 1 Middlesbrough - 11/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Nobody

anyone throw a bone for duff?

loathed him to date but shearer/dowie are dragging performances out of him at the moment - his contribution at LB cannot be underestimated imo given the other choices for that role after enrique

never thought i'd do this but damien, :clap:

He's alright at left-back cos there's no onus on him to beat his man and cross a ball. He's always been OK at retaining possession and he tends to get back reasonably well.

I have to admit I worried he'd be a bit of a liability at left back, like N'Zogbia was when he was put there, but he's looked very solid.  He hasn't had the most testing opposition yet mind so lets not get too carried away.

He's alright at left-back cos there's no onus on him to beat his man and cross a ball. He's always been OK at retaining possession and he tends to get back reasonably well.

i honestly think since moving to left back he's stepped it up, looks fitter and hungrier than i've ever seen him in the shirt

he is not the same player who's been coasting to his 70k a week, just as viduka isn't - granted his days as a winger are gone but i'm pleased by his application at LB at a total time of need for the club

I have to admit I worried he'd be a bit of a liability at left back, like N'Zogbia was when he was put there, but he's looked very solid.  He hasn't had the most testing opposition yet mind so lets not get too carried away.

no no, granted, and it shouldn't be long term - read my viduka comments to yorkie, he looked like another owen/viduka who'd just gave up on themselves but in the last couple of games he's improved

i'd add butt to that to - butt's always put the effort in but his game was more focused against 'boro - break the play up and little else

has to be down to coaching

From .com

Attendance: 51,252 including 2,600 smoggies. Also spotted were Bolton boss Gary Megson, his Stoke counterpart Tony Pulis, Sir Bobby Robson and Greg Rusedski(!).

Anyone know why Rusedski was there?

Guest Heneage

From .com

Attendance: 51,252 including 2,600 smoggies. Also spotted were Bolton boss Gary Megson, his Stoke counterpart Tony Pulis, Sir Bobby Robson and Greg Rusedski(!).

Yeah. A girl on my course works at the gym in Jesmond and he was doing some "young talents" training course or something for tennis talents.

From .com

Will be named Reading manager tomorrow and took an early opportunity to run the rule over one (or two) of next season's opponents.

Tim Henman will be the new 1st team coach and Boris Becker DOF.

Deena if it's been posted elsewhere but here ya go  O0 :

http://www.officialantanddec.com/blog/2009/05/13/the-boys-celebrate/

haha, that's fantastic!!

made me wanna retch, blogs!  jesus, last bastion of the deluded and the wretched

put the fuckin camera down and watch the match man

Huh? The filmed bits were of before the game, at half time, celebration of the goals after they had gone in, and then final whistle.

Guest Heneage

haha, that's fantastic!!

made me wanna retch, blogs!  jesus, last bastion of the deluded and the wretched

Huh? The filmed bits were of before the game, at half time, celebration of the goals after they had gone in, and then final whistle.

Lovely lads Ant and Dec, don't get how anyone could hate them.

haha, that's fantastic!!

Lovely lads Ant and Dec, don't get how anyone could hate them.

don't like blogs, have a fundamental problem with them not with ant and dec

so the problems all in yer head then and not with our very own camptastic duo?!

well, i've been kind and ignored the fact they'va basically made a career ripping off reeves and mortimer - that aside in my head, yeah

and blogs  :rant:

From .com

He was sitting a few rows behind me.

Looked to me like he was with family, just enjoying the game.

Isn't Rusedski a Toon fan?

Well, Santa is a Geordie. So anything's possible.

(When I read .com's report something twigged in my mind about Rusedski and Newcastle prior to this as well. He loves the Toon.)

Being drafted in as a Dennis Wise replacement apparently.

It won't take much to serve better than Dennis did. I'm sure he can cause a racket in trying to rebuild the squad from the net to the front. As long as he gets us players who don't foul much and can play on any surface we'll be fine.

It won't take much to serve better than Dennis did. I'm sure he can cause a racket in trying to rebuild the squad from the net to the front. As long as he gets us players who don't foul much and can play on any surface we'll be fine.

Honestly the worst post I've ever read on this forum.

Honestly the worst post I've ever read on this forum.

That's what I was going for.  :smug: