Newcastle 3 - 1 Middlesbrough - 11/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Nobody

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

As i think somebody said earlier: Goddamn, cheering for the mags can be so FUN!  I almost forgot that...

I tried to help a crying boro fan, genuinely felt sorry for him. Coulda been me crying at that bus stop tonight. He was absolutely gutted. Told him they can stay up, and send the mackems down.

I know, I feel really sorry for anyone who has to witness their team go down.

Until this season I didn't realise how deeply terrifying it was. I'll never gloat over another team's relegation, and I've had some disgraceful stick from Mackems this season.

Aye I was gutted for him.

The players came through when we needed them to tonight. I hope they don't think the job is done because we have a massive job on Saturday and potentially at Villa Park but survival is now firmly back in our hands.

Honourable mention (I have to because I like to give credit where it's due): Duff has been excellent at left back in Enrique's absence.

I tried to help a crying boro fan, genuinely felt sorry for him. Coulda been me crying at that bus stop tonight. He was absolutely gutted. Told him they can stay up, and send the mackems down.

I know, I feel really sorry for anyone who has to witness their team go down.

Until this season I didn't realise how deeply terrifying it was. I'll never gloat over another team's relegation, and I've had some disgraceful stick from Mackems this season.

Aye I was gutted for him.

My best mate's a Boro fan and there'll be no gloating from me. Sticking the knife in over something like relegation is something you don't do to a real fan imo, no matter what team they follow.

If Shearer regards Guthrie as his best corner taker, (he clearly is) why on earth is he behind Alan fkin Smith in the pecking order?

all you've done tonight is moan. c***.

very brave. Try answering the question

If Shearer regards Guthrie as his best corner taker, (he clearly is) why on earth is he behind Alan fkin Smith in the pecking order?

Did Guthrie have a good game against pompey? In fact....do you think he had a good game tonight?! (apart from corners)

has a mackem player ever had his own thread on here ?

They have far too many Newcastle threads on the 1st page.  About Taylor, Fulham match, Pete Graves, saying we're going OTT thinking we've won the league, Newcastle fans on the radio etc etc.

This is the title of one of their topics-

"A Non-Newcastle Thread.... Greg Halford.. "

:lol:

Guest Saint Andy

Honourable mention (I have to because I like to give credit where it's due): Duff has been excellent at left back in Enrique's absence.

spot on, clearly the "I don't want to see relegation again" wasn't just paper bollocks.

Did Guthrie have a good game against pompey? In fact....do you think he had a good game tonight?! (apart from corners)

Guthrie is the only player that I remotely trust to ping a ball into the box, on that basis alone he should be on the teamsheet every week

and yes, I do think he had a good game tonight, always wanted the ball and only wasted it a couple of times. Against Portsmouth he was bad like everyone else

Fuckin' hell, that was pure torture until the moment our third hit the net.

Massive, massive win. Thought the crowd was immense, fair play to everyone who was there.

Harper - 6 - Not much he could have done about the goal really and was competent otherwise.

Beye - 7 - Unlucky for the OG, but worked his socks off the entire rest of the game and got forward very well.

Bassong - 6 - He and Taylor never looked comfortable the entire game really, made some good challenges but has had better games for us.

Taylor - 7 - Same as Bassong, but with an absolutely massive goal.

Duff - 8 - Hated him for so long, but he's been one of our best players the last month. Never stopped trying, and for a makeshift left-back he's done very well defensively.

Butt - 6 - Typical performance from him, good work off the ball neutralized by his desperate attempts at being a footballer when in possession. If he'd just realise that he's shit at passing he'd be so much better.

Nolan - 5 - Seems to be earning plenty of praise on here, which I find odd. Offers very little, slow and immobile and generally just no sort of threat whatsoever. Hides an awful lot as well. Two assists mask what was another very poor display.

Guthrie - 7 -  Average sort of performance for the most part, but his delivery is by far and away the best at the club and his set-pieces looked our best chance of a goal all night.

Jonas - 6 - Lot of nothing from him tonight, never stops looking for the ball and his workrate defensively is great but was ineffective tonight for the most part.

Viduka - 9 - Absolute class. Fat, slow and old yet still produced more moments of genuine class than every other player on the pitch combined.

Owen - 4 - Sad what he's become, actually felt for the bloke tonight as he was actually trying and still managed to give as ineffective a performance as you'll likely ever see. Time to put this one down, I'm afraid, he's had a good run.

Martins - 7 - Massive goal, still looks to be moving a bit awkward but barring any sort of decapitation he needs to start ahead of Owen from here on in.

Lovenkrands - 7 - Sealed the win, pissed about a bit before then for the most part but worked hard.

Carroll - 6 - Did fine.

All in all, fair play to the entire team. Nolan made up for his performance with two crucial assists, while Owen was pitiful but it's really hard to blame the guy anymore.

To summise...

http://blog.3bulls.net/wp-content/uploads/2006/01/Flair%202.jpg

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to state the obvious, but the Mackems could be in the bottom three by 5pm Saturday, with a tricky game away at Portsmouth (who'll be a point from the relegation zone and have something to play for) to catch up.

Oh deary deary dear... :lol:

I thought Guthrie had a good game tonight bearing in mind that he was playing out of position. He's our only midfielder that is capable of putting his foot on the ball and controlling the play and will be seen to much better effect in the centre of the park.

Guthrie is the only player that I remotely trust to ping a ball into the box, on that basis alone he should be on the teamsheet every week

and yes, I do think he had a good game tonight, always wanted the ball and only wasted it a couple of times. Against Portsmouth he was bad like everyone else

you're using hindsight.  Apart from his corners, Guthrie has been nothing special. And I rate him.

I've never heard you speak about Guthrie's dealball skills before tonight? Care to give me links to some posts of yours where you stated that? (before the boro game obviously)

Guest Glorious Given

Fucking delighted and it's just a massive relief to finally get three points.

Martins  :smitten: Always looks dangerous when he's on the pitch and we should pull out all the stops to keep him and build the team around him imo. The contrast between him and Owen has never been more obvious than tonight.

Owen really looks like he doesn't care and has missed all the chances he's been served up recently, whereas Martins actually makes things happen on his own. Must be tricky for Shearer now to decide whether to start Owen in the next game, would be entirely on his reputation rather than on form.

Viduka great with his hold up play as always. Oh and Lovenkrands,  :thup:  good finish and actually a crucial signing in Jan, credit to whoever thought of buying him, has scored 3 for us now.

Nolan was involved in two of the goals, and Guthrie's corners were good so there's hope in the midfield.

Defence were ok, but Boro had a couple of great chances, Emnes should have scored at 1-1 I think, just didn't connect.

All in all,  :banana:

This is the title of one of their topics-

"A Non-Newcastle Thread.... Greg Halford.. "

What's hillarious is the description of their main forum:

For those of you who ONLY want to talk about SAFC

you're using hindsight.  Apart from his corners, Guthrie has been nothing special. And I rate him.

I've never heard you speak about Guthrie's dealball skills before tonight? Care to give me links to some posts of yours where you stated that? (before the boro game obviously)

I've said time and time again on this board that Guthrie is our best midfielder after Barton and our best set-piece taker alongside Geremi. But no, i'm not going to rifle through my posts. I do remember pointing out his talents after the Man U (a) game though

Guest firetotheworks

Can we bring on a second goalkeeper?

Just noticed this post. I doubt it was serious, and Im probably being insane, but can you actually do that?

Can we bring on a second goalkeeper?

Just noticed this post. I doubt it was serious, and Im probably being insane, but can you actually do that?

Honestly, what the fuck do you think? :lol: