Newcastle 3 - 1 Middlesbrough - 11/05/09 - post match reaction from page 20

Nobody

Guest black n white

About fucking time... shearer you beauty.... taylor should be captain next season and iI need a new liver  

Duff is playing really well at LB, reminds me of Solano two seasons ago when he was moved to the RB.

Agreed. I'm usually one of his biggest critics but well done to the lad. I daresay he's been one of our best players since he's moved there. As Andy Gray would say "take a bow, son".  :clap:

Viduka was just bloody brilliant this evening. I think Martins is playing through the pain barrier so kudos to him.................and a big thank you to McLovin for relieving a huge mountain of tention.  :smitten:

Surely Owen has finally been put in his place after tonight - on the subs bench.

Viduka was great, and until Oba came on, he was virtually our only threat in open play.

We'll need to play better to get anything against Fulham, but hopefully we'll now be a bit more confident and relaxed. Three more points should do it.

get in there! It was so bloody tense, man! was feeling sick at times! But credit to the lads and big al. to get 3 points is huge, but to get a 2 goal win could be vital.

I though nolan was playing well.. even before he laid on the 2 goals. Guthrie put on some decent corners. Duff worked harder than most, imo, he's is a vital player for us at the moment. I was a bit dissapointed with Jonas, don't think he had a great game. Owen tried... but my god he looks a terrible player.

Thanks Oba (miss hit but who gives a shit! :lol:), you owed us that! Lovenkrands... you sexy baby! Thanks man....the new sibierski?? :lol:

Now come on, lets take on fulham and win!

Guest diddimz

Fucking awesome, I'm on the premierleague website hitting refresh so i can see our name outside of relegation.

get in there! It was so bloody tense, man! was feeling sick at times! But credit to the lads and big al. to get 3 points is huge, but to get a 2 goal win could be vital.

I though nolan was playing well.. even before he laid on the 2 goals. Guthrie put on some decent corners. Duff worked harder than most, imo, he's is a vital player for us at the moment. I was a bit dissapointed with Jonas, don't think he had a great game. Owen tried... but my god he looks a terrible player.

Thanks Oba (miss hit but who gives a shit! :lol:), you owed us that! Lovenkrands... you sexy baby! Thanks man....the new sibierski?? :lol:

Now come on, lets take on fulham and win!

Love it! :lol:

I looked like some sort of gibbering freak in the pub in Oxford by myself... I've honestly never felt more nervous about a football match.

When the boro goal went in I was a state.

good result    but thought Harper once again showed his failings, N01 next season regardless of where we are I don't think so.

Aye, he was poor at times, he should have come out and easily picked up a few balls that caused problems.

To be fair everyone of the players must have been nervous as fuck, maybe it just affected Harper more than most.

I was so relieved when Emna or whatever he's called missed that easy chance. I kept thinking to myself 'thank fuck Titus ain't playing'. I honestly wouldn't of been able to watch if he was.

Excellent performance - a better side might have punished our slightly slack defending at times, but who gives a fuck? It's Boro and they're shite. Going a goal down in unlucky circumstances was what won us the game imo. It gave the crowd added impetus, it meant we'd be attacking for the whole game instead of only applying proper pressure in the second half. It also gives the players the belief that they CAN come from a goal down and win a game - the first time in 14 months we've done so (NUFC 2-1 Birmingham I do believe).

Harper 6.5 - the two shots that went straight at him he managed to palm away instead of keeping hold, the shot from O'Neil hit Tuncay and on another day could have went in. Was good on crosses and commanded his area at times

Beye 6.5 - Very unlucky for the o.g, got forward very well in the second half and supported the attacks. Had a steady game and a few class block tackles got the crowd on side

S.Taylor 7.5 - Dominant in the air, calm on the deck and scored the all important equaliser. A threat during set pieces, and hardly gave Alves (and subsequently King) a kick all game

Bassong 7 - Emnes got goalside a couple of times and a better striker may have punished him, but Seb was class in the air and did the simple things well, booted it clear when necessary and stood up well

Duff 7.5 - Had a cracking game considering he wasn't playing in his natural position. Can only remember him wasting one pass (late on) all game and defended excellently. Seems to have a good understanding with Bassong on the left side of the defence. Didn't perform miracles attacking but he kept possesion well and kept things ticking over

Guthrie 7 - Fucking excellent corners (i.e. hit over the first man) one of which was scored from, had a great game and never stopped running, was a great engine and made one tackle in particular that was world class

Butt 6.5 - The usual mixed bag of class tackles and dodgy passes. His long balls to the flanks were good today but some of his crosses and balls over the top were shit as usual. Didn't cost us anything though (for once!) so escapes my criticism

Nolan 8 - Immense performance, still a very sluggish player but got two assists today. He provided superb support for the forwards and also shored up the left and right channels when required. Massive improvement from Spurs away

Jonas 6.5 - Good with the ball at his feet and held it up well, won plenty of freekicks but again, very little tangible end product. Correctly removed by Shearer, whether tactical or to save him for next weekend I'm unsure of

Owen 6 - The usual decent touches, movement today was very good and made the correct runs into the channels. However barring one flicked header provided fuck all goal threat and was brought off at the right time

Viduka 8.5 - Hold up play is excellent, for an alleged 'fat' lazy player he never stopped running, gave everything for 85 minutes and provided some class link-ups. Is clearly playing for a new deal, man of the match today and rightly so

SUBS

Lovenkrands 7 - Didn't do much apart from knock the ball into the back of the net, so fair play to the lad. Looked delighted when he scored and was definetley worth it on a free transfer

Martins 7 - Scored a beauty of a slicer (who gives a fuck though?) and won key headers at the end of the game to keep the ball in the Boro third. Pace caused the game to become stretched and he worried Boro's patched up backline

Carroll 6.5 - Won a few headers and had two sights of goal, one he might have scored from (although Oba delayed the pass a bit long for me). Did nowt wrong, far cry from his similar length cameo against Man City at home

SHEARER 8.5 - Started the game with the best possible team and made the subs at the right time. Can't ask for anything more and he (and Dowie) deserve the win as much as anyone.

Who else loves that Nolan was clearly off side for our second, without it being given? :smitten:

oh yeah.... hadn't even realised, but he was indeed!

For all Bassong has been immense, he has a head like a 50p. He wins a fuck load of headers but they could go in any direction - it's even more noticeable when he goes up for corners. Not a fault as such because he's a class defender, just something I noticed.

http://www.wbazone.com/forum/index.php?topic=25398.0

There is one WBA fan that didn't take too kindly to our result, pathetic coming from a 38 year old.

Scummy bunch of kunts

I just find it hilarious when other clubs take the piss... especially if their own clubs are even worse.

Just shows they care about us, when I couldn't give two fucks whether West Brom get relegated, stay up or spontaneously combust.

Excellent performance - a better side might have punished our slightly slack defending at times, but who gives a f***? It's Boro and they're s****. Going a goal down in unlucky circumstances was what won us the game imo. It gave the crowd added impetus, it meant we'd be attacking for the whole game instead of only applying proper pressure in the second half. It also gives the players the belief that they CAN come from a goal down and win a game - the first time in 14 months we've done so (NUFC 2-1 Birmingham I do believe).

Harper 6.5 - the two shots that went straight at him he managed to palm away instead of keeping hold, the shot from O'Neil hit Tuncay and on another day could have went in. Was good on crosses and commanded his area at times

Beye 6.5 - Very unlucky for the o.g, got forward very well in the second half and supported the attacks. Had a steady game and a few class block tackles got the crowd on side

S.Taylor 7.5 - Dominant in the air, calm on the deck and scored the all important equaliser. A threat during set pieces, and hardly gave Alves (and subsequently King) a kick all game

Bassong 7 - Emnes got goalside a couple of times and a better striker may have punished him, but Seb was class in the air and did the simple things well, booted it clear when necessary and stood up well

Duff 7.5 - Had a cracking game considering he wasn't playing in his natural position. Can only remember him wasting one pass (late on) all game and defended excellently. Seems to have a good understanding with Bassong on the left side of the defence. Didn't perform miracles attacking but he kept possesion well and kept things ticking over

Guthrie 7 - f***ing excellent corners (i.e. hit over the first man) one of which was scored from, had a great game and never stopped running, was a great engine and made one tackle in particular that was world class

Butt 6.5 - The usual mixed bag of class tackles and dodgy passes. His long balls to the flanks were good today but some of his crosses and balls over the top were s*** as usual. Didn't cost us anything though (for once!) so escapes my criticism

Nolan 8 - Immense performance, still a very sluggish player but got two assists today. He provided superb support for the forwards and also shored up the left and right channels when required. Massive improvement from Spurs away

Jonas 6.5 - Good with the ball at his feet and held it up well, won plenty of freekicks but again, very little tangible end product. Correctly removed by Shearer, whether tactical or to save him for next weekend I'm unsure of

Owen 6 - The usual decent touches, movement today was very good and made the correct runs into the channels. However barring one flicked header provided f*** all goal threat and was brought off at the right time

Viduka 8.5 - Hold up play is excellent, for an alleged 'fat' lazy player he never stopped running, gave everything for 85 minutes and provided some class link-ups. Is clearly playing for a new deal, man of the match today and rightly so

SUBS

Lovenkrands 7 - Didn't do much apart from knock the ball into the back of the net, so fair play to the lad. Looked delighted when he scored and was definetley worth it on a free transfer

Martins 7 - Scored a beauty of a slicer (who gives a f*** though?) and won key headers at the end of the game to keep the ball in the Boro third. Pace caused the game to become stretched and he worried Boro's patched up backline

Carroll 6.5 - Won a few headers and had two sights of goal, one he might have scored from (although Oba delayed the pass a bit long for me). Did nowt wrong, far cry from his similar length cameo against Man City at home

SHEARER 8.5 - Started the game with the best possible team and made the subs at the right time. Can't ask for anything more and he (and Dowie) deserve the win as much as anyone.

Excellent post, but I think it was 1-1 against Birmingham and we came back to win our last game against Spurs 1-4.. off the top of my head.

Guest k0ss

martins head down, inch perfect cross by nolan, lovenkrands finishes like owen did 5 years ago

well said!

For all Bassong has been immense, he has a head like a 50p. He wins a f*** load of headers but they could go in any direction - it's even more noticeable when he goes up for corners. Not a fault as such because he's a class defender, just something I noticed.

LOL class!

Just got in...GET INNNNNNNNNN YOU FUCKING BASTARDS.

Most ive seen a goal scored in the stands since Rob Lee scored past Chelsea at Wembley. Fucking brilliant atmosphere.

Every player put in a decent shift tonight for a change too. Duff and the Duke MOM