Xisco

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mick I highly debate, the guy spoke English to that level, he'd been here all of 6 months.

He looked so out of touch when he was on the pitch. Whether it was fitness, or lack of ability, or he just gave up, I wouldn't play him.

He played 7 games. :lol:

You may need time to settle, but you see signs of whether they're good enough or not when they're on the pitch and I didn't see anything with him.

Yes but he's a footballer, he's not an 'average person.' I'd be amazed if he could do more than basic phrases. Added to the fact why would you tell anyone that you refused to play? Especially a journalist, a journalist from the country who still own your contract? The guy will have advisors, and while I don't denie him the right to be pissed off at the fact some utter s**** was getting in the team ahead of him I think any agent worth his salt would be sat watching his interviews and making sure he isn't saying things like that.

He's never come out and denied that he said it and I'm sure people like Enrique who speaks almost perfect English has read about it.

Mick I highly debate, the guy spoke English to that level, he'd been here all of 6 months.

I haven't spoken to him so I can't say how good his English is but I've been to Spain and managed to have good conversations without ever speaking a work of Spanish.  You might be surprised at how good foreigners can speak our language.  Some of the foreign posters on here use better English than some of the locals.

Yes but he's a footballer, he's not an 'average person.' I'd be amazed if he could do more than basic phrases. Added to the fact why would you tell anyone that you refused to play? Especially a journalist, a journalist from the country who still own your contract? The guy will have advisors, and while I don't denie him the right to be pissed off at the fact some utter s**** was getting in the team ahead of him I think any agent worth his salt would be sat watching his interviews and making sure he isn't saying things like that.

Well.. there was no denial.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/2010/01/31/newcastle-lose-out-in-chase-for-victor-moses-79310-25723350/2/

NOTORIOUS Toon flop Xisco has vowed to return to St James’ Park and prove himself in England.

Currently on a season-long loan with Racing Santander, Xisco has dismissed the prospect of making a permanent return to Spain at the end of the season.

“I’m very happy at Santander and playing with confidence, but I am tied to the Premier League and want to make a go of things there,” said the striker whose arrival at St James’ Park prompted Kevin Keegan’s departure.

“There is always time in the future to come back to Spain, but I would like to play several good seasons in the Premier League first.”

Just read an extract of that interview, while he doesn't use such a strongest wording as to suggest he's "vowing to make it in England" and he doesn't dismiss a permanent move to Spain, he indeed says he feels he has a point to prove and that he would like to play a few years in the Premier League.

The chance was here pre-season & at the start of the season with cameo appearances to build on. His performances & impact were nowt special & he wanted out so he left.

You read Jose E interview in The Mag & his attitude is bang on. This cunt can do one.............but as we anything to do with football I can be won over by him coming back scoring goals & keeping his gob shut.

To be honest, taking into account how hard has been to him to establish himself at the Racing XI despite him being better than all the dross they have passing as "forwards", it looks like he wasn't impressing in training much either. There are also rumours that he feigned injury to miss a reserve game. It may be false, but if there's smoke is because something's burning, so it tells you something about Xisco's perceived attitude.

Ultimately, it strikes to me as the kind of guy that does have some quality in him, but doesn't have the will or determination to fight the daily fight of being a great footballer, and not only the match days.

I don't understand why we shipped him out in the first place. We signed him for £5 Million, there has to be something about him. Surely he isnt so bad that he's a worse option than Carroll or Ranger, two lads that are still learning their trade (despite what the former likes to think).

The only reason I can think of sending him out on loan and refusing to play him is possibly If he plays for us we might have to pay a fee to Deportivo, something Ashley doesn't want to pay?

I don't understand why we shipped him out in the first place. We signed him for £5 Million, there has to be something about him. Surely he isnt so bad that he's a worse option than Carroll or Ranger, two lads that are still learning their trade (despite what the former likes to think).

The only reason I can think of sending him out on loan and refusing to play him is possibly If he plays for us we might have to pay a fee to Deportivo, something Ashley doesn't want to pay?

We have signed players for much more than £5m who didn't have "something about them".

I was just talking to a Galician friend and dropped the Xisco signing, that's more or least what he said  :razz:

"Who's the blind guy making the signings at Newcastle? Here they say they paid €7m+3m... that's utter madness, he's not bad but not worth even half of that, he's not a great not in the least. Anyway Depor fans should build a monument to Newcastle... Luque, Coloccini, Xisco... at last Lendoiro (Depor's owner) found the investor he needed to salvage the finances of the club!"

I was just talking to a Galician friend and dropped the Xisco signing, that's more or least what he said  :razz:

"Who's the blind guy making the signings at Newcastle? Here they say they paid €7m+3m... that's utter madness, he's not bad but not worth even half of that, he's not a great not in the least. Anyway Depor fans should build a monument to Newcastle... Luque, Coloccini, Xisco... at last Lendoiro (Depor's owner) found the investor he needed to salvage the finances of the club!"

:doh:

I feel like we sent him out on loan to keep him match fit for when/if we go back up into the Prem.  He's clearly of top-flight caliber and the powers that be probably didn't want to off-load him just yet after he didn't get a fair crack at it here the first season.

Guest icemanblue

I feel like we sent him out on loan to keep him match fit for when/if we go back up into the Prem.  He's clearly of top-flight caliber and the powers that be probably didn't want to off-load him just yet after he didn't get a fair crack at it here the first season.

:lol:

Today Racing plays Atlético de Madrid away for the first leg of the Copa del Rey's semifinals. I wonder if he'll start since Miguel Ángel Portugal (Racing's manager) benched him alongside a lot of first teamers this past Sunday.

Racing have never reached the final of the competition during all their story. It is also Atlético's last chance to salvage the season. IF we assume Sevilla wins the other semifinal against Getafe, it's a free ticket to the Europa League.