Who should get the axe?

BONTEMPI

Guest black n white

Wether win, loose or draw next weekend who do you want to see out of this club in the summer?

R Taylor

Collo

Ameobi

Butt

Owen (Unless he accepts a greatly reduced contract)

Nolan

Viduka

Barton

Smith

Duff

For me and Jonas was close to being there but with a better quality side around him I think he could turn it around.

The rest to stay on as squad players.

Duff 90K per week

Smith 60K

Viduka 70K

Coloccini 50K

R Taylor 30K

Very heathly wage structure for squad players...just add Owen there! Hardly any of the current Championship clubs have a total wage budget of these "squad players" of ours

If we go down which looks very likely now...we're going to need a total clearout both in the players and staff(except Big Al). With this level of commitment and work rate they showed today we're not coming back too soon either I guess

Your figures are speculative and probably inflated by the media.

I'm also fairly sure I read that all clubs have to have relegation clauses in their contracts, so they wouldn't be on premiership wages anyway.

Also, Viduka's contract is just about up. I'm sure even in the championship we can afford to offer him more than he'd be on in Australia.

This is what i would like some closure on, Apparently ours is the only club that dont have relegation clauses written into their contracts and this is also the reason that Ashley cant put the club into administration.......Can any body clear this matter up.

We are going to have to choose between Krul and Harper if we go down. The club won't be big enough for the two of them. One wont sit on the bench.

Hopefully we'll go for the brighter option.

Guest LucaAltieri

We are going to have to choose between Krul and Harper if we go down. The club won't be big enough for the two of them. One wont sit on the bench.

Hopefully we'll go for the brighter option.

Perma-tan Harper is orange though.

...and he reads. Books.

Granted, we shouldn't keep ALL of our big earners. But Duff is a perfect example of the kind of player we need to keep. Without his goals this season we'd be 7 points worse off and relegated already.

Martins is another we should keep a hold of.

Even though Butt is ultimately shite he may well just be good enough in the championship. Probably not value for money. And we'll struggle to get rid of him... but if we ended up keeping him he would probably do the job.

Please remember, this is a league where Stephen Carr has been one of the highlights of Birmingham's promotion campaign.

We need to get rid of the likes of Nolan and Shola and replace them with cheaper alternatives.

We need to be bringing in promising kids.

We need to maintain a touch of premiership quality that will give us the edge on the cloggers of the championship.

Duff is the perfect example of why we're in the shit.  Overpaid and unproductive.

Jonas has looked poor in the last few games with Duff behind him, Enrique looks poor when Duff is ahead of him yet when Jonas is played ahead of Enrique they both look like decent players.  Coincidence?  Maybe, but Duff's lack of work, his shocking passing and lack of movement would stop him getting a game in the Championship if it weren't for his history.

The last assist he got was from a deflection, fuck knows where it would have ended up without it.

Guthrie and Jonas are the only midfielders I would try to keep hold of next season, regardless of what division we're in, they're the only two who aren't living off past glories.

Owner

Mike Ashley

Manager

Alan Shearer

Goalkeepers

Fraser Forster

Steve Harper

Tim Krul

Defenders

Sebastien Bassong

Habib Beye

Claudio Cacapa

Fabricio Coloccini

Ryan Donaldson

David Edgar

Sanchez Jose Enrique

Tamas Kadar

Ryan Taylor

Steven Taylor

Ben Tozer

Midfielders

Joey Barton

Nicky Butt

Mark Doninger

Damien Duff

Geremi

Ignacio González

Danny Guthrie

Jonás Gutiérrez

Bradden Inman

Kazenga LuaLua

Kevin Nolan

Alan Smith

Haris Vuckic

Frank Wiafe Danquah

Forwards

Nile Ranger  :nile:

Shola Ameobi

Andrew Carroll

Peter Lövenkrands

Obafemi Martins

Michael Owen

Xisco

Mark Viduka

Guest Taff

Keep Jonas, Guthrie, Beye, S Taylor, Harper & Oba is we stay up, the rest are shite!

If we go down, try and keep Guthrie, Taylor, Harper & Ranger. The rest can go!

http://www.nufc.com/

Released: Duo go

It's now been confirmed that no new contract offers have been made to reserve team players Mark Doninger and James Marwood, who both become free agents in June.

In addition it's understood that Jonny Godsmark has been told that he can leave the club.

I guess the club doesn't think they could do a job in the championship.

If we go down:

All of the out of contract players to leave:

Cacapa

Owen

Viduka

Possibly try to keep Edgar and Lovenkrands and maybe some of the youngsters.

Try to sell:

Ameobi

Barton

Alan Smith

Duff

Butt

Geremi

Will almost definitely leave:

Colo

Gutierrez

Martins (Depending on how long he takes to recover from the groin operation he will be having at the end of the season)

Bassong

Try to keep:

Guthrie

S. Taylor

Enrique

Beye

Will have relegation wage clauses in their contracts:

Nolan

R. Taylor

Totally agree with this.

Guest firetotheworks

If we go down:

All of the out of contract players to leave:

Cacapa

Owen

Viduka

Possibly try to keep Edgar and Lovenkrands and maybe some of the youngsters.

Try to sell:

Ameobi

Barton

Alan Smith

Duff

Butt

Geremi

Will almost definitely leave:

Colo

Gutierrez

Martins (Depending on how long he takes to recover from the groin operation he will be having at the end of the season)

Bassong

Try to keep:

Guthrie

S. Taylor

Enrique

Beye

Will have relegation wage clauses in their contracts:

Nolan

R. Taylor

Totally agree with this.

Seconded. Although I'd like to see Viduka tearing up the Championship. Wishful thinking though.

If we stay up:

Coloccini

Nolan

Cacapa

Barton

Guthrie

Gonzalez

R.Taylor

A.Smith

Xisco

Butt

Ameobi

If we go down:

Coloccini

Cacapa

Barton

Martins

Duff

Gonzalez

Smith

Jonas

Xisco

Geremi

Viduka

http://www.nufc.com/

Released: Duo go

It's now been confirmed that no new contract offers have been made to reserve team players Mark Doninger and James Marwood, who both become free agents in June.

In addition it's understood that Jonny Godsmark has been told that he can leave the club.

I guess the club doesn't think they could do a job in the championship.

how do we produce such rubbish?

Guest Kenton Magpie

Nolan

R.Taylor

Owen

Colo

Cacapa

Martins

Xisco

Geremi

Ameobi

but keep Nicky Butt and Damien Duff, genius

Exactly that!

Wether win, loose or draw next weekend who do you want to see out of this club in the summer?

R Taylor

Collo

Ameobi

Butt

Owen (Unless he accepts a greatly reduced contract)

Nolan

Viduka

Barton

Smith

Duff

For me and Jonas was close to being there but with a better quality side around him I think he could turn it around.

The rest to stay on as squad players.

Duff 90K per week

Smith 60K

Viduka 70K

Coloccini 50K

R Taylor 30K

Very heathly wage structure for squad players...just add Owen there! Hardly any of the current Championship clubs have a total wage budget of these "squad players" of ours

If we go down which looks very likely now...we're going to need a total clearout both in the players and staff(except Big Al). With this level of commitment and work rate they showed today we're not coming back too soon either I guess

Duff 65K per week

Smith 60K

Viduka 70K

Coloccini 40K

R Taylor 30K