Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

I've never experienced relegation. What does it feel like? Like....how long does it take for it to sink in and for you to get over it?

it's like the first time you go to wembley...afterwards you think "was that it ?"

Never been to Wembley!  :lol:

I've never experienced relegation. What does it feel like? Like....how long does it take for it to sink in and for you to get over it?

Never experienced it either but honestly, we move on. It'll be awful but the club doesn't stop existing and it's not the end of the world.

Because I've been resigned to it for a few weeks now I suppose I'm different but I really can't wait to just get it over with and crack on next season.

Fair answer. I'm kind of in the same boat as you as well, Dave. Relegation doesn't just come out of the blue- you can normally see it come from a mile off and that's how its been for us.

Thinking about it makes me feel abit sick tbh, although i fully expect to feel nothing if we go down tomorrow, I honestly dont think it will sink in until the new seasons kick off in the Championship and Premier League. It will be very strange next season viewing the Prem as an outsider.

Guest toonlass

It feels horrendous. That kind of awful initial hurt followed by a numb feeling. And then you hurt for the days following. Then it gets better until the league starts again and it hits you again that you have been relegated. But that doesn't hurt as much as the initial pain of it.

Guest Brummiemag

Sounds a silly point but bring your sunglasses tomorrow. Weather forecast is good and we will be facing into the sun.

Thinking about it makes me feel abit sick tbh, although i fully expect to feel nothing if we go down tomorrow, I honestly dont think it will sink in until the new seasons kick off in the Championship and Premier League. It will be very strange next season viewing the Prem as an outsider.

Aye (especially the last bit)...

next season shouldn't be strange for that reason. the only league you should be concerned about is the one we are in. as such we aren't outsiders, they are.

I'll be fucking Setanta off immediately btw, which will be a relief. :thup:

Probably just watch the bigger Premier League games where now I watch pretty much all of them.

Guest WashyGeordie

Had a dream we won 2-0 and Hull lost but just played Fifa with my mate using the expected line ups and Villa won with a Agbonlahor goal in the 91st min. :weep:

Or your just crap at fifa? :shifty:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/322402/MICHAEL-OWEN-SHOCK-RETURN-Striker-will-come-on-if-Newcastle-need-him-today.html

MICHAEL OWEN will make an early return from injury today if Newcastle need a goal to stay up.

The striker will start on the subs' bench at Aston Villa despite having only trained once since a groin injury a fortnight ago.

Although he will be short of match fitness, interim boss Alan Shearer wants his old England pal on board in case of emergency. Owen will be thrown into the fray if the Magpies have to chase the game.

It could be a dramatic end to the hitman's unproductive four-year spell at St James' Park. Owen's contract runs out at the season's end and he can leave on a free transfer.

Aston Villa, Everton and Manchester City are interested but Shearer wants him to stay if the Toon avoid relegation.

Guest pont-toon

if we need a goal, Owen is the last place we should be looking

yawn

on current form his statement is spot on

If you need a goal tomorrow and I see Owen coming on, my expectation that you will get one will go up.

I could watch Mark Viduka lumber around all day long and not have any worries.

If you need a goal tomorrow and I see Owen coming on, my expectation that you will get one will go up.

the thing is, Owen has absolutely nothing that Viduka doesn't

the thing is, Owen has absolutely nothing that Viduka doesn't

Owen is less mobile if anything. If anyone scores it will be owen, just to get on my bitchtits.