Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

3-0 down to win 4-3. Would possibly be the best day of my 18 years.

:lol:

I think I'd have a f***ing heart attack when the winner hit the back of the net.

I sat at work today daydreaming about what it would be like if it call came down to a penalty. 

3-0 down to win 4-3. Would possibly be the best day of my 18 years.

:lol:

I think I'd have a f***ing heart attack when the winner hit the back of the net.

I sat at work today daydreaming about what it would be like if it call came down to a penalty. 

And it was Oba who stepped up. :lol:

The plan last week was to avoid football at all cost. Avoid the build up (failed) avoid the tension (failed) and avoid watching the game at all costs (failed). I am starting to feel like a member of the Newcastle squad.

Guest Sheriff John Bunnell (Ret

Dreamt last night we won it 3-1, only scorer i can remember is Loven... Hull drew 1-1 with Man U and we stayed up... This really is torture, can't wait till it's all over... Been in a foul mood all week too...

Majority of the press seem to have written us off now.

Can only be a good thing from a motivational point of view.

I'm not convinced enough of these players care to be motivated. If Villa's players are supposedly on the beach, many of ours are probably eyeing potential moves if the worst happens. We'll see.

Beye definitely out, Enrique back in training since yesterday and looks likely to feature, Owen not expected back into full training until tomorrow but Shearer remains hopeful (SSN/NUFC.co.uk).

Taylor, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique :dowie:

Duff in at left-back turns that into a :kinnear:

I think I'd rather play Edgar in the middle with Colo and have S.Taylor at right back.  R.Taylor is just **** and would be an easy target for them.  Edgar should be able to cope with Carew as well better than most of our CBs.

Beye definitely out, Enrique back in training since yesterday and looks likely to feature, Owen not expected back into full training until tomorrow but Shearer remains hopeful (SSN/NUFC.co.uk).

Taylor, Taylor, Coloccini, Enrique :dowie:

Duff in at left-back turns that into a :kinnear:

It'll probably be:

Taylor    Edgar    Coloccini    Enrique

Which, IMO, would be better.

That defence is vomit inducing. So f***ing s***.

If our best defence is Beye-Taylor-Bassong-Enrique then we are half-way there.

Unless you mean in the grand scheme of things.