Aston Villa v Newcastle - 24/05/09 - Pre-match thread

Godot

Assuming no doubts make it, this what we need:

Harper

Edgar    S Taylor  Colocinni   Duff (ugh)

Guthrie     Butt       Jonas

Owen

Martins    Viduka

Subs:  Krul, R Taylor, Nolan, Donaldson, Xisco, Ranger, Ameobi

Donaldson? ??? Ahead of Lovenkrands too? Madness.

Forgot about Lovelyhands.

Woops.

I see Carroll has done his ankle ligaments and is out. Shame as he can have a big impact of the bench. Beye seems to be out as well so I think we might line up as below.

Harper

Edgar    Colo    Taylor

Taylor                              Duff

Guthrie  Butt  Nolan

Viduka    Martins

Not what I would pick but I think we might see it. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Lovenkrands in for Nolan and playing him to the left and Martins to the right of Viduka. Try to push Villas full backs right back. I remember Liverpool playing a similar system against us with Cisse to the right and Kewell to the left of Crouch and it looked really handy. Probably a bit too late to be trying new formations though.

Aye, be a bit miffed if Brummie actually hopes Villa win this.

Have we meant nothing to you?  :dave:

It would also be helpful if Everton took a commanding lead away to Fulham so at half time the Aston Villa players would know they wouldn't be able to get 5th even if they won.

I doubt they are even bothered about finishing above Everton.

Team finishing sixth starts the Europa League three weeks before the team in fifth, so there is some benefit.

I've said this a billion times, but will say it again, we're fooking gash, you'll beat us on Sunday, I would put money on it. In fact, I have. It is other results you need to be looking at, though.

I am mentally incapable of not wanting us to win football matches. At the end of the day, if we beat you and you go down, it won't be our fault you went down.

It won't happen, though, so this is wasted typeage. And typeage isn't even a proper word. Word.

It would also be helpful if Everton took a commanding lead away to Fulham so at half time the Aston Villa players would know they wouldn't be able to get 5th even if they won.

Team finishing sixth starts the Europa League three weeks before the team in fifth, so there is some benefit.

I've said this a billion times, but will say it again, we're fooking gash, you'll beat us on Sunday, I would put money on it. In fact, I have. It is other results you need to be looking at, though.

I am mentally incapable of not wanting us to win football matches. At the end of the day, if we beat you and you go down, it won't be our fault you went down.

It won't happen, though, so this is wasted typeage. And typeage isn't even a proper word. Word.

thats gonna have to be your sig as from monday.

What, all four lines? Meh

What, all four lines? Meh

well take the first one out.

it's a sign of what football has become when i've had more arguments this season with people saying "nah,we're shiter than you" than trying to saying we are better.

i had a dream... we drew with Villa, it was 1-1, then i was looking at other resulst in some fucking excited way and saw the result:

Hull- MU 0-1

the feeling was unbelievable :laugh2: :laugh2:

Keeping with the dream stories, I dreamt we were 1-0 down and we got a pen in stoppages, Shola was stepping up to take it but my alarm went off. Thankfully.

and yet bizzarely he's probably,just about our best penalty taker.

what was the score in the other games.

Keeping with the dream stories, I dreamt we were 1-0 down and we got a pen in stoppages, Shola was stepping up to take it but my alarm went off. Thankfully.

and yet bizzarely he's probably,just about our best penalty taker.

what was the score in the other games.

Yeah, this is pretty important, we need to know how the other games were going.

Guest Darth Toon

I've changed my mind again - forgot Alan Smith was fit, so would be tempted to include him in midfield purely on the basis that he looks like he gives a shit and can run a bit (unlike Nolan & Butt)

I keep feeling light-headed and nervous as fuck every time I look in this thread. Just cant help it. I'm extremely busy at work, which helps to keep the mind off of things, but still.

Howay United! pull us out of this!!!!!! ffs!!!!! :harry:

Guest Taff

Got my tickets today, in with the prawn sandwich brigade in the North Stand, VIP box. Although I think my seat for the game is actually in the stand North Stand as it says Row K seats 1,2,3 (me, my Dad & his mate who got us the tickets, Villa fan!). Warns me on the ticket 'no away colours'.... I will be sneaking a scarf in there at the very least. I'm hoping if I am in the stand it will be a neutral section which I'm guessing it will be if it's people from the boxes as they are all corporate ones I think, well ours is anyway.

Wish I was in the away end though  :undecided:

They won the last match they HAD to step up for which was boro. The fulham was important but they knew in the back of their minds they had another chance most likely, i reckon/desperately hope they'll step up for the Villa match again.

Guest Alan_Shearer

I dreamt we conceded 2 quick goals, then managed to shake out of that nightmare lol. Can't believe quite a few people are havin dreams about this lol.

I've never dream of NUFC for whatever reason. But if I for some strange reason do dream about them over the next 2 or 3 days I hope the dream involves us going down, because the one consistant thing about my dreams is that they never come true.