Who do you blame for the mess ?

Guest Phil K

Add 10 parts Lambias/Wise, add 5 parts Ashley for allowing himself to be run by such cretins, add one big dollop of Kevin Keegan(add two if wished) and garnish it with a sprinkling of 11 or more gutless pieces of shit players (Bar the obvious ones).

Newcastle United COCK-tail/tale.

Souness is the biggest cunt to have ever have been manager at SJP. I wish nothing but death on the horrible bastard. Shepherd as well for appointing him but lets not damp down the part the leeching bastards Hall family played in sackings, hirings and general running of the Club. (The Halls get barely a mention while Shepherd gets (rightly) slaughtered - Halls where always the major shareholders and Shepherd akin to their puppet).

Souness murdered the Club on the playing side not so much by buying the absolute shite but by removing the best players in the squad. Robert and Bellamy have never been replaced. The Club has been going only one way since.

I would like to know what really happened with Keegan. It's hard to know how to allocate blame without knowing what exactly was behind one of the pivotal moments of the season. The fact that it happened so early in the season only increased its significance. Properly undermined or just a hissy fit?

Keegan and the fall-out from his departure is the reason why we're looking at relegation rather than our now customary lower-half of the table position. Who's to blame for that episode is the subject of other threads.

As to why our usual position recently is lower half of the table rather than the European places, I'd blame Shepherd. He began getting over-involved in the football side of things, and made a series of bad decisions.

The blame could be spread around quite a bit but ultimately it gets laid at Ashley's feet.  He was completely out of his depth from the start and made poor decisions and non-decisions.  The whole DoF plan was poorly implemented and improperly staffed which led to Keegan leaving in a huff and within days a promising start was spiraling out of control.  It has to start from the top and neither Ashley, Lliambas or Wise was up to the task.  The players deserve blame too but to be honest, given the complete freaking chaos it must have been hard not to get down about the situation.  Maybe with a stronger manager than Joe "Fucking Cunt" Kinnear, the club could have secured a spot in the Premier next year but given the clusterfuck at the top of the club no one better was available.

I was amongst those that supported Ashley and hoped that his plan would work.  However, his judgement and execution has been embarrassingly bad and is quite indefensible.

Souness murdered the Club on the playing side not so much by buying the absolute shite but by removing the best players in the squad. Robert and Bellamy have never been replaced. The Club has been going only one way since.

Completely agree.

Guest Darth Toon

Several parties must share the blame, including Llambias, Wise, Kinnear and Keegan, but all of those people were appointed by 1 man, and as such Ashley has to shoulder by far the biggest portion of responsibility.

I blame Souness for wripping every bit of potential and spirit and talent away from a good Premiership squad when he took over. Well he was the start of this mess. The board appointed him though so they take the blame. Souness done a fucking pig awful job here but he was only doing it to the best of his ability and beliefs. He should have never been appointed.

Souness and Fat Fred are not to blame for us being on the brink of relegation now though. Theres only one man and thats Mike Ashley. Whether he has made decisions himself, or he has been badly advised, he is the man who bought this club thinking he could run it and he is the man who brought his people in to advise him. They have made a right cock up which as left us where we are now. Its took until Joe Fucking Kinnear got the job for him to back his manager properly. He didn't have the faith in Allardyce and therefore didn't back him in the way Fat Sam wanted in the summer of 2007 (not to start a debate on Allardyce). He's then brought Keegan in and obviously  filled him with false promises. We all know the rest.

Dennis Wise to run your football club. Why? Seriously, why? Like, surely not? I still hoping this is one fucking nightmare.

But Dennis Wise? No. Didn't happen

Me, it is all about holding your hands admitting it...................that is what Monday Chronicles have taught me after years of reading Ramage, Taylor,Boumsong, Bramble, Gooch etc say this after one of the fuck ups cost us a goal.

Shearer for retiring.

Have one superstar in your team and he'll carry the shite along with him.

As soon as he hung up his boots he knew we were fucked, so that really explains why he took the managers job in the firstplace because he felt guilty!

I would like to know what really happened with Keegan. It's hard to know how to allocate blame without knowing what exactly was behind one of the pivotal moments of the season. The fact that it happened so early in the season only increased its significance. Properly undermined or just a hissy fit?

Keegan and the fall-out from his departure is the reason why we're looking at relegation rather than our now customary lower-half of the table position. Who's to blame for that episode is the subject of other threads.

As to why our usual position recently is lower half of the table rather than the European places, I'd blame Shepherd. He began getting over-involved in the football side of things, and made a series of bad decisions.

Yes - my posts on this thread have focused on the events of this season as opposed to trawling back through the club's history. On a historical note IMO the summer of 2003 and the decision to pay a dividend to shareholders rather than invest further in a promising squad was probably a turning point. 

The blame doesn't belong entirely to any one group/person.

Mike Ashley is by far and away the primary reason we are where we are though, no mistake about it.

This - without a doubt. His managerial ability has been shot to pieces by his ridiculous and erroneous decisions over the board he chose and in allowing these same incompetents to force Keegan to walk after being foisted with a farcical transfer policy.

Others, such as Shepherd and Souness are to blame for the start of the rot, but Ashley has held the reins for 2 years now and the buck stops with him.

Any further loss he suffers if the side go down is fully deserved.

Guest Wally_McFool

Is this a trick question because I think I know the answer to this.

Its Keegan isn't it.  :frantic:

Guest neesy111

The Gypsy who put the curse on us way back when.

i totally agree, although every newcastle fan I tell about it thinks it bollocks

gullit even believed in it