Who do you blame for the mess ?

Guest Phil K

I'll probably get shot down for some of this but ...

I blame a lot of the this situation on the protestors around the time of the Keegan leaving/sacking/walking/parting period and the 2-3 months that followed - they eventually 'won' with Wise leaving but other than that what did they achieve? No-one was happy with the decisions made at this time and few had faith in the hierarchy but I wonder how many of those will be around come mid August IF we go down. I'd agree people we're pissed off but we didn't and still don't know the reasons behind KK leaving. All they did was stop any movement to fill the managers spot with a long term manager.

Instead, they got what they thought they wanted with the club being put up for sale. Months later, we had a owner who had given in, no manager, no direction, no drive and no forward thinking - at this stage Ashley was gone so how is this his fault? The players still knew they had a job to do on the field and despite the lack of coaching a majority of them are international stars. Put 11 of us on the pitch and I'm sure we could organise ourselves!

Ashley decided to at least head the ship again and chose Kinnear as the man to lead the team short term as he tried to either sell or get a bigger man in. At this stage the club was at a total mess and no right minded potential owner, manager, coach, player etc would ever come close. The transfer window came and went and although we didn't buy any world beaters, we bought a couple of flexible players that could patch up our battered squad. Again there is some blame here but the club was a sorry state. Kinnear was kept on and although he got the squad together to play something resembling a team, he was unable to turn draws into wins. A lack of coaching ability or poor players, who knows? More bad luck and a slow reaction from Ashley at the beginning of Kinnear's absence meant we again found ourselves 'lost'. By now the damage had been done and anything achieved was simply damage limitation.

Now I'm not solely blaming the protestors as I also feel Ashley could have done better in the 2/3s of the season he has been in charge, but things could have been a lot better had some people swallowed their pride and stuck with the club. We simply turned up for the games in this time and waited for another person to come in - the middle of the season WAS NOT the time to do this!!!! Had we waited until now for this, I honestly feel that we would be mid table and a much brighter proposition to potential buyers, investors, owners, players, managers or whatever.

We're now nearing the end of the 'season that was' and despite where we end up at the beginning of next season, I for one can't f***ing wait for next season to begin! I'm just happy that the club I support and live is actually still existant because, if strong rumors are believed to be true, it almost wasn't. We've faced it all this year, keep the faith

:thup:

Have a word - you can't believe this? Ashley was the cause and messed up the chance to be the remedy. KK could have come back & Ashley bollocked the meeting up. Perhaps you will simply say allegedly.

Were you there?

Didn't have to be.

You know for certain what happened without being there?

What do you think it was about then?

Guest neesy111

Despite being a little thin, I would rather have our squad over the likes of Wigan's, West Ham's and Fulham's.

:idiot2:

And that's not just being fashionably self-deprecating about our own club and its players: we genuinely have a poorer squad in terms of quality and physical ability to compete in a football match than all 3 of those teams.  Horrible to say it, but there it is.

that is unbelivable comment, i would take 7-8 players out of wigan's squad now, just because of their pace and strength

I blame a lot of the this situation on the protestors around the time of the Keegan leaving/sacking/walking/parting period and the 2-3 months that followed - they eventually 'won' with Wise leaving but other than that what did they achieve? No-one was happy with the decisions made at this time and few had faith in the hierarchy but I wonder how many of those will be around come mid August IF we go down. I'd agree people we're pissed off but we didn't and still don't know the reasons behind KK leaving. All they did was stop any movement to fill the managers spot with a long term manager.

Instead, they got what they thought they wanted with the club being put up for sale. Months later, we had a owner who had given in, no manager, no direction, no drive and no forward thinking - at this stage Ashley was gone so how is this his fault? The players still knew they had a job to do on the field and despite the lack of coaching a majority of them are international stars. Put 11 of us on the pitch and I'm sure we could organise ourselves!

Ashley decided to at least head the ship again and chose Kinnear as the man to lead the team short term as he tried to either sell or get a bigger man in. At this stage the club was at a total mess and no right minded potential owner, manager, coach, player etc would ever come close. The transfer window came and went and although we didn't buy any world beaters, we bought a couple of flexible players that could patch up our battered squad. Again there is some blame here but the club was a sorry state. Kinnear was kept on and although he got the squad together to play something resembling a team, he was unable to turn draws into wins. A lack of coaching ability or poor players, who knows? More bad luck and a slow reaction from Ashley at the beginning of Kinnear's absence meant we again found ourselves 'lost'. By now the damage had been done and anything achieved was simply damage limitation.

Now I'm not solely blaming the protestors as I also feel Ashley could have done better in the 2/3s of the season he has been in charge, but things could have been a lot better had some people swallowed their pride and stuck with the club. We simply turned up for the games in this time and waited for another person to come in - the middle of the season WAS NOT the time to do this!!!! Had we waited until now for this, I honestly feel that we would be mid table and a much brighter proposition to potential buyers, investors, owners, players, managers or whatever.

We're now nearing the end of the 'season that was' and despite where we end up at the beginning of next season, I for one can't f***ing wait for next season to begin! I'm just happy that the club I support and live is actually still existant because, if strong rumors are believed to be true, it almost wasn't. We've faced it all this year, keep the faith

If Ashley had shown a bit of backbone and some leadership after Keegan left, the protests would probably have been quelled quite quickly.  The silence that followed then that stupid fact statement just inflamed things.

Exactly, while I take and understand the point, the reaction came about not only because Keegan left in the circumstances he did, but also because of the silence from the club. Ashley could have come out before the Hull game with a statement in reaction to Keegan leaving. A statement similar to the one he released when selling the club; re-enforcing his vision for the club, but also explaining things like Wise's role in more detail. People wouldn’t have gone as nuclear if this had happened.

There was nothing apart from the 'FACT' statement, which had no name to it. It was crazy; anger was allowed to build up during that week because zero leadership was shown by the people at the club. There were allegations of foul play towards a legelnd of the club & during that time there was no communication from anyone at the club.

But again, he still had the chance to attempt to sort the managerial side of things as soon as he announced the club was off the market - and when things had died down.

Have a word - you can't believe this? Ashley was the cause and messed up the chance to be the remedy. KK could have come back & Ashley bollocked the meeting up. Perhaps you will simply say allegedly.

Were you there?

Didn't have to be.

I know what it was about, but I'm not claiming to know what happened without being there.

I agree but Ashley was in very bad situation at first to move us forward thanks to Shepeard. Keegan should have resign in May not in September once he understand how things work together but he wait until Septmeber and left us in bad place. The protest didn't help as well as it bought us Kinnar instead of a much better manger at that time.

If Ashley had shown a bit of backbone and some leadership after Keegan left, the protests would probably have been quelled quite quickly.  The silence that followed then that stupid fact statement just inflamed things.

Exactly, while I take and understand the point, the reaction came about not only because Keegan left in the circumstances he did, but also because of the silence from the club. Ashley could have come out before the Hull game with a statement in reaction to Keegan leaving. A statement similar to the one he released when selling the club; re-enforcing his vision for the club, but also explaining things like Wise's role in more detail. People wouldn’t have gone as nuclear if this had happened.

There was nothing apart from the 'FACT' statement, which had no name to it. It was crazy; anger was allowed to build up during that week because zero leadership was shown by the people at the club. There were allegations of foul play towards a legelnd of the club & during that time there was no communication from anyone at the club.

But again, he still had the chance to attempt to sort the managerial side of things as soon as he announced the club was off the market - and when things had died down.

Spot on, this was handled so badly by the club, that this sort of reactions had to come... Im sure its a a blame, all assosiated to the club have to take together. But as Mike is the owner, he his the main factor imo....

Guest neesy111

i just want someone to take responsability for this mess, once this happens then we can move forward again as a club

but the buck always stop at the person at the top, so it's fat mike's mess, he must take responability and act decisively to correct the mess by either:

1) investing in a squad that's capable of gaining promotion back

2) sell up, get the hell out of newcastle and allowing us to have proper investors who will speculate to accumulate on a proper scale

Were you there?

Didn't have to be.

I know what it was about, but I'm not claiming to know what happened without being there.

[/quote

Just guessing here; but I'd have thought that both sides went into the meeting in the hope of sorting out the mess and with KK coming back. The fact that this didn't happen shows that the meeting failed and again just guessing I'd have thought that Ashley must have bollocked up the meeting. KK was no doubt asking Ashley to concede some ground and he no doubt refused. The fact that Ashley had to do this to get Shearer shows that perhaps Ashley had bollocked up with his handling of KK which saw us head into a tail spin to where we are.

Just guessing like.

Everyone if i'm being honest..

Keegan- For leaving the club the way he did, if you have a problem with how the club is run you try and fix it, and even if you can't you just don't walk away from the club and the fans and leave them in the shiiter.

Ashley and co- Because their a bunch of cunts who tried to manage a football club like its a Pizza  franchise, cost cutting and no respect to those working under them eventually caused everyone to lose any respect he had for those bunch of fucks.

The Fans- For the hectic dooms day reaction that caused Ashley to literally flee Newcastle and put the club up for sale.

The Players- For being effortless and not even botherd throughout the season.

Pretty much all share the blame although some more than others..

For all i might not agree 100% with the way the protesters went about it, in all fairness you can't blame them for the predicament we're in.

Let's be honest, if the fans just went on taking all the shite that is thrown at us and say nothing, then everyone would just say we deserve what we get because we sat back and said nothing.

The bottom line is various contributors, but ultimately... Ashley.

Everyone if i'm being honest..

Keegan- For leaving the club the way he did, if you have a problem with how the club is run you try and fix it, and even if you can't you just don't walk away from the club and the fans and leave them in the shiiter.

Ashley and co- Because their a bunch of cunts who tried to manage a football club like its a Pizza  franchise, cost cutting and no respect to those working under them eventually caused everyone to lose any respect he had for those bunch of fucks.

The Fans- For the hectic dooms day reaction that caused Ashley to literally flee Newcastle and put the club up for sale.

The Players- For being effortless and not even botherd throughout the season.

Pretty much all share the blame although some more than others..

Did the Chelsea game not happen then?

Were you there?

Didn't have to be.

[/quote

Just guessing here; but I'd have thought that both sides went into the meeting in the hope of sorting out the mess and with KK coming back. The fact that this didn't happen shows that the meeting failed and again just guessing I'd have thought that Ashley must have bollocked up the meeting. KK was no doubt asking Ashley to concede some ground and he no doubt refused. The fact that Ashley had to do this to get Shearer shows that perhaps Ashley had bollocked up with his handling of KK which saw us head into a tail spin to where we are.

Just guessing like.

....also we were adrift too long without a decent manager....The fix might have come too late.

I always think just how different the future of our club would have turned out had we won the league under KK, or had the width of a post not denied Shearer against Arsenal in that FA Cup final?.....

I always think just how different the future of our club would have turned out had we won the league under KK, or had the width of a post not denied Shearer against Arsenal in that FA Cup final?.....

It's what life is all about baby.  :pow:

It's what life is all about baby.  :pow:

What....not winning things?

:shifty:

Guest BooBoo

Ashely and his ludicrous incompetent system: 40%

The utterly awful squad and idle players: 30%

Kinnear & Hughton's woefullness: 20%

Keegan's cowardice: 8%

Fan hysteria: 2%

Wouldn't disagree too much with that assessment.

Wouldn't disagree too much with that assessment.

Just remember to hand a few % to good 'ol Fred.