Who is guiltily pleased that we're relegated?

S.S.R.
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest westamfan

Newcastle's and Man City's best manager in my (23 year) lifetime. Must be up there for Fulham too.

Would have been the best manager in West Ham's history if he had done there what he did here.

Keegan wouldn't have joined West Ham because he would never have been given any money. We all know that if Keegan does a job it's with a shit load of money to spend. Personally I prefer someone like Zola who produces good attacking football and improves the youngsters without much money to spend on the team. There's something more honest about the way our club is run. Which is why Keegan would never get a look in.

Newcastle's and Man City's best manager in my (23 year) lifetime. Must be up there for Fulham too.

Would have been the best manager in West Ham's history if he had done there what he did here.

Keegan wouldn't have joined West Ham because he would never have been given any money. We all know that if Keegan does a job it's with a shit load of money to spend. Personally I prefer someone like Zola who produces good attacking football and improves the youngsters without much money to spend on the team. There's something more honest about the way our club is run. Which is why Keegan would never get a look in.

Run whilst bankrupt?

Guest gggg

Honest? piss poor fishing

Guest westamfan

Keegan wouldn't have joined West Ham because he would never have been given any money. We all know that if Keegan does a job it's with a s*** load of money to spend. Personally I prefer someone like Zola who produces good attacking football and improves the youngsters without much money to spend on the team. There's something more honest about the way our club is run. Which is why Keegan would never get a look in.

Run whilst bankrupt?

Yep, and even while in financial trouble and terrible injuries to some key players, we still played good attacking football with a load of kids and had a top 10 finish. Oh, and Scott Parker won player of the year yesterday...

Now, how many players over 30k a week at Newcastle, currently?

Guest westamfan

Keegan wouldn't have joined West Ham because he would never have been given any money. We all know that if Keegan does a job it's with a s*** load of money to spend. Personally I prefer someone like Zola who produces good attacking football and improves the youngsters without much money to spend on the team. There's something more honest about the way our club is run. Which is why Keegan would never get a look in.

Honest? piss poor fishing

gggg - i admit when i typed 'honest' I got Tevez and tearful Sheff Utd fan images flash in my mind... O0

Whoever votes yes isn't a supporter of this football club and deserves to have a noose next to Llambias and Ashley.

Yes, hang them! With all the other people who take extreme positions alongside them.

Guest RowanB

More 3:00pm kick-offs on a Saturday

More games

No more hidings to nothing against the top four

Better atmosphere (probably)

Kick in the balls to Mike Ashley

These are the things I like. Might get rid of some of the moaners who have a go at me for singing because it's too loud for them.

People need to take off their 90's glasses and look at Keegan objectively. The man walked out on us for the 2nd time, setting a series of events into motion that has resulted in our relegation. Had he been a man and stuck it out until the end of the season, we'd be playing Premier League football next season.

Not saying it's entirely his fault, but if you think he's blameless then you're simply clueless.

*in before, LOLOMG YOUR 17 AND THUS CANNOT HAVE AN OPINION ON KEEGAN!!1 LOOOL MESSIAGHHHH KING KEV LOOOOL!!!11*

From an outsider looking in...I thought Keegan was a joke. He has never organized a defence, he's not right mentally and his style of management was still in the 2002 era.

The only change he'd have made to your season is you would have gone down with more than 15 players on 50k a week.

Perhaps you might have stayed up if he got just 1 more result but he was never the right person to take the club forward.

Oh, and neither is Alan Shearer. Appoint a proper manager. Curbishley or Coppell.

:lol: Who bought you your book of footballing clichés btw? The only one in this thread thread spouting more s**** has to be oldtype.

Hmmm, ok, well we'll se next year what happens with Shearer.

Although, if it helps you get over relegation telling yourself KEEGAN would have saved you, (when he didn't and he left you because he is a selfish out of touch mentalist), by all means...keep fantasizing about that.

Meanwhile back in reality, everyone outside of Newcastle thinks Keegan is a joke.

They can think what they like as they quite frankly bought the same book of footballing clichés such as yourself.

You're confusing cliches for a repeated general public opinion....

How much is KING KEV trying to take from your club at the moment in compensation? I bet you a pint of Newcy brown or whatever that he takes more from you that what the club spend on transfers in this summer.

Oh, and just noticed that you have a Keegan quote at the bottom of every post. How cliche!

You're spouting drivel though. You're telling me he has never sorted a defence out even though we always used to have one of the best defensive records in the league during his first stint in charge. For a man who is a joke and knows nothing of tactics he changed the formation of the team completely last season to save us from relegation. He never went for a 4-3-3/4-5-1 variation we see. He actually went for a full on 4-3-3, something which I don't think I've seen used to such effect in the Premier League. He also rejuvinated Michael Owen, played him in a whole new position.

Not bad like for someone who doesn't really know what he is doing.

"I don't think I've seen used to such effect in the Premier League"

Apart from Brooking's spell at West Ham when he nearly kept us up on record points....

Viduka played in that 433 you speak of....and he was injured...and so was Owen in this 'new role'...or in this KING KEV staying up fantasy of yours....do they stay injury free and fire you onto a creditable finish?

Wake up fella.

What's your basis for thinking Keegan would have relegated us?  His 12th place finish last year?  His 2nd place finish years ago?  His saving us from relegation once before?  His promotion with Fulham and Man City?

walked out on England after a shameful performances in the Euro (good attacking football? bwahahaha) and lost the last ever game at Wembley in another shameful performance (not very attacking or exciting that's for sure)

So you would rather instead of admitting he wasn't up to the task and walking away, he stuck around, failed to qualify for the 2002 World Cup and got a nice big cheque for his troubles like McClaren did?

and unsurprisingly when he didn't get it his own way at Newcastle with transfer funds (having been told he was not in the best frame of mind to target players after admitting he hadn't watched a game of football for two years previously?)....walked out again.

Him walking had nothing to do with the amount of funds, it had to do with the fact he wasn't allowed to spend the funds because Dennis Wise was spending it all on players he wanted and expecting Keegan to go along with it ( If Keegan had been handed the 16 million pounds wasted by the dwarf on Xisco and Collincini and been allowed to spend it on he wanted he would've been quite contented) - Bassong was his signing and is the only half decent one of the lot.

King Kev, the saviour, will now try and bank as much money as he can from YOUR club in compensation....

Just like Bobby Robson then or just like any other manager who has been sacked or forced out and didn't get compensated.

Guest Wally_McFool

There's something more honest about the way our club is run.

Did  Curbishley not leave West Ham for the same reasons as Kevin Keegan left Newcastle?

Guest mobiius

Pleased the deadwood will be cleaned out?..... definetly

Pleased michael owen is no longer raping the club for what ever wage he was on?....... with out a doubt

Pleased we will be able to rebuild and give some of our young un's a chance..... more than a lot

Pleased we are relegated ?..... not in a million years and no true supporter of this club would be.

Yes we would all of been happy had we stayed up but we are geordies and we will make the best of the bad situation we are in. Here is a thought .. a lot of people on here ,including myself have said on numerous occassions that shola ama donkey is not a prem player he is a championship player !! well are we now happy to keep him.

Just cast the slightest aspersion on Kevin Keegan's good name and watch the spark's fly :lol: we're going to be arguing about this on this board for the better part of a decade I'm sure.

As for the topic itself, I'm kind of pleased in a sense that we're now playing in a league where we're actually one of the big players, aside from merely co-featuring for the likes of Man U and Chelsea.

That doesn't make me feel any less devastated though.

Gutted, ive been able to watch 30+ games this season albeit at 2am, in the CCC we might get shown like twice in a year over here, talking football with people is hard enough as it is, who the fuck knows who Blackpool are in Australia. From the clubs perspective i suppose we can rebuild, but we could have done that in the prem aswell...

Guest Reservoir Mags

Pleased - NO.

Hoping that this might be a blessing in disguise - DEFINATELY.

FWIW I firmly believe that if we'd pulled off the great escape then there would have been no re-building exercise in the summer and we'd be condemned to many years of mid table mediocrity or more likely more relegation battles culminating in this eventuallity at some point.  At least this way we are forced into rebuilding and we have to cling on to the hope that it will be a positive exercise.  Only time will tell but trying to be positive we have an opportunity that would most likely have not presented itself had we remained a Premiership club.

It's now over to the powers that be to show their hand and fast.

Gutted, ive been able to watch 30+ games this season albeit at 2am, in the CCC we might get shown like twice in a year over here, talking football with people is hard enough as it is, who the f*** knows who Blackpool are in Australia. From the clubs perspective i suppose we can rebuild, but we could have done that in the prem aswell...

I wouldn't be so sure that we won't get shown a fait bit still tbh. There is a huge TV following for our lot, and although it will go down this year, there will still be mass interest in us imo, we are probably the biggst team to ever go down and a lot of people will be very interested in how well we do. It may just be seen as another twist in our tale.

None of that, Im pleased because it highlights the mistakes made, im pleased because we can genuinely rebuild, Im pleased more than anything, that its over.

I would have loved us to re-build in the premiership and manage to compete for something again, but the truth is if we didn't get relegated we would be going nowhere! Maybe this had to happen to finally hit home! I hate to say that, I really do... It's happened now and we need to think positively!

Hoping that this might be a blessing in disguise - DEFINATELY.

FWIW I firmly believe that if we'd pulled off the great escape then there would have been no re-building exercise in the summer and we'd be condemned to many years of mid table mediocrity or more likely more relegation battles culminating in this eventuallity at some point. 

Exactly how I feel. We'd have season after season of dross until we were eventually relegated.

Half the games we played last season I'd written off before we'd kicked a ball, and the ones I expected something from were a big let down.

Looking forward to approaching every match with the feeling we could win.