Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Maybe 1-2 of these players going to raise some cash is feasable and realistic, but for people to be going into the threads of every decent player we have and assuming theyre off in the next transfer window is ridiculous.

It's getting annoying this 'Ashley will sell all the best players' line. There's no evidence for it FFS.

No one thought pardew would ever manage NUFC and looked what happened.

We may have to release a player or two to ease up the budget.  I hope not, i really fcking hope we dont but in reality,  it might have to happen.

Yes but no need to whinge about something that hasnt yet happened and may not happen. Go f***ing nuts if it happens, but until then this attitude is just ludicrous.

I'm not moaning, where in that post am i moaning?

fcking fruitcake,

;D

1. I said whinging, not moaning.

2. Perhaps whinging was not the correct word to use.

3. What i said wasnt really directed at our post, but to the attitude in general.

4. Before i close my case, i would just like to again mention that this pessimistic attitude is annoying and tiresome.

I dont understand, given our status that we are not flush with money...its pessimistic to say we MAY have to balance the books?

Balancing the books and selling a number of our best players is not the same thing, and we'd be stupid to do so.

By stupid, do you mean a calculated decision on what we cant afford to keep ?

Personally i hope we dont let anyone go and manage to add a couple of half decent loan players.

But i'm prepared that one or maybe two MAY have to leave.

By stupid, i mean it would be stupid to sell a number of our best and key players, albeit most expensive, and expect to play anywhere near as well without them. We've seen how poor we've been without Colo and Barton in the team, and i dont even want to think about how we would go without AC. My point is, we are unlikely to get replacements that are of equal or better quality of our best players with the tight transfer budget we have, and balancing the books by selling various key players will obviously have disastrous effects on the field. Surely even this management realises what a catastrophic thing that would be.

I agree when people say things like 'Ashley will definitely cash in on Carroll - if not January then in the summer' etc. There is no evidence to suggest he's going to start selling young, promising players on low wages, especially since a few of them have recently been signed to new deals.

I think it's realistic to discuss the possibility of players like Coloccini, Barton, and Nolan being sold since they are on much higher wages.

:sadnod:

Maybe not Nolan though.

I kind of just tacked him on at the end - wasn't sure on him. Is there a list anywhere of best guesses?

By stupid, i mean it would be stupid to sell a number of our best and key players, albeit most expensive, and expect to play anywhere near as well without them. We've seen how poor we've been without Colo and Barton in the team, and i dont even want to think about how we would go without AC. My point is, we are unlikely to get replacements that are of equal or better quality of our best players with the tight transfer budget we have, and balancing the books by selling various key players will obviously have disastrous effects on the field. Surely even this management realises what a catastrophic thing that would be.

If books need balanced and the players wont negotiate then the books will have to be balanced.

• 1 month later...