Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest BooBoo

I dont watch it any more but Colo's flick should be a shoo-in for next Saturday's "Showboat" on Soccer AM.

Again, the blame for me falls onto the fullback for letting the cross come in the first place. Has been taking lessons off Taylor has Simpson.

On that I fully agree. Utter shit defending by Simpson. Inviting Jarvis into the box like the cheapest hocker in town. He must have better faith in himself. Had he pushed out, Jarvis would be forced to make a choice: Dribble or pass. And even if he managed to pass Simpson, the latter would have chased him, forcing Jarvis to cross under pressure. A push could even have led to Simpson snapping the ball and initiating a counterattack.  Sadly he picked the worse alternative of them all..

You probably have a few decent points amongst the countless contributions you've been making lately, but even with your new username, few people are going to take you seriously with phrases like "Inviting Jarvis into the box like the cheapest hocker[sic] in town"

:undecided:

Has Baggio posted recently?  :shifty:

I'd personally put the fault of the goal down to Simpson. He backed off too far which, in turn, let Jarvis come inside and - critically - too deep. Meaning the likes of Coloccini (who was actually blocking a potential pass to the far post) were basically in the six-yard box leaving a greater margin for error. It opened up a lot of space in the box for another attacker to get forward. Which Ebanks-Blake did and duly finished. Simpson at fault.

I'd personally put the fault of the goal down to Simpson. He backed off too far which, in turn, let Jarvis come inside and - critically - too deep. Meaning the likes of Coloccini (who was actually blocking a potential pass to the far post) were basically in the six-yard box leaving a greater margin for error. It opened up a lot of space in the box for another attacker to get forward. Which Ebanks-Blake did and duly finished. Simpson at fault.

he did that against spurs aswell

Again, the blame for me falls onto the fullback for letting the cross come in the first place. Has been taking lessons off Taylor has Simpson.

On that I fully agree. Utter shit defending by Simpson. Inviting Jarvis into the box like the cheapest hocker in town. He must have better faith in himself. Had he pushed out, Jarvis would be forced to make a choice: Dribble or pass. And even if he managed to pass Simpson, the latter would have chased him, forcing Jarvis to cross under pressure. A push could even have led to Simpson snapping the ball and initiating a counterattack.  Sadly he picked the worse alternative of them all..

You probably have a few decent points amongst the countless contributions you've been making lately, but even with your new username, few people are going to take you seriously with phrases like "Inviting Jarvis into the box like the cheapest hocker[sic] in town"

:undecided:

Has Baggio posted recently?  :shifty:

...funny you should mention it ;)

I'd have Barton ahead of him as captain.

No brainer. Haven't seen that much of Colo before he joined us, but I think he's quite a reserved character who prefers to do his job at CB. Barton is more of a leader, especially when you consider just how much he has matured in the last year or so.

Guest michaelfoster

lad i went to school with who has his own tattoo place did a few for coloccini the other day, looks mint from his fb pics

Really hope he stays with us for the rest of his carear and gets a testimonial.  I think he's the kind of player who can still be excellent well into his mid 30's so hopefully he'll be here for a long long time.  But I suppose it'll come down to the wages he's on which are pretty high, for me he's worth every penny though.