Fabricio Coloccini

steve_69
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sorry guys, but you must have not seen Coloccini, he is a dirty player. He's been very not-himself during these seasons. I remember him and I certainly wrote it when he came that he would add toughness (which he hasn't actually hes been the exact opposite quite weak but very good otherwise). however he used to be dirty as fuck. stepping on players and so on.

But anyways, this happens, he's only human and he'll be back. People must remember our goal is to end around 14-15th I mean sure 17th but we're better than that.

That elbow is fucking disgusting. We all had a go at Morgan doing similar to Hume. He needs to really look at himself in the mirror after that.

Not at all similar situations :lol: have a word.

Had a look at the replay, didn't think it was that bad. Looked like he stuck his arm out (which did make contact) to prevent Elmander from overtaking him instead of a directed elbow. Plus the contact was not smack in the middle of the face, was more at the mouth/lips area (which again to me was prove that it wasn't intentional). Don't know whether I am clutching at straws but that's the way I saw it

I wanna add that I don't think that he should get too much flak for the'elbow' but he definitely has to deal better with physical strikers and reduce the fannying around with Enrique around our penalty box...doesn't mean I want him to hoof the ball up, but has to be more careful with passing to a player not under pressure/being closed down.

Any different to Shearer twatting Lennon? Shocking from him yesterday but he's been superb all season. Looks like he just lost his cool, sometimes it happens.

Well said.

I'm not concerned with the 'elbow' but I am concerned how he is being out-muscled by physical strikers. I thought we'd seen the end of that.

Had a look at the replay, didn't think it was that bad. Looked like he stuck his arm out (which did make contact) to prevent Elmander from overtaking him instead of a directed elbow. Plus the contact was not smack in the middle of the face, was more at the mouth/lips area (which again to me was prove that it wasn't intentional). Don't know whether I am clutching at straws but that's the way I saw it

I wanna add that I don't think that he should get too much flak for the'elbow' but he definitely has to deal better with physical strikers and reduce the fannying around with Enrique around our penalty box...doesn't mean I want him to hoof the ball up, but has to be more careful with passing to a player not under pressure/being closed down.

Aye, clutching at straws, it seemed pretty pre-determined at full-speed when he first went across to 'make the challenge' - he wasn't going to let Elmander get past him. Wouldn't have been so bad if he'd forearm smashed him in the chest, could have pleaded "Gallas" and gotten away with it :rolleyes:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I've lost a lot of love for Coloccini after that. Didn't think he was that kind of player.  :undecided:

I put him on the bench for my FIFA XI after this :lol:

He's still had a good season but from the highlights I saw was diabolcial yesterday- Hopefully he recovers.

Everyone in black and white served up a total bag of shit yesterday, and if we're going to hang anyone out to dry it certainly shouldn't be Coloccini. He's not immune from criticism though, and frankly deserves everything said about him for the elbow.

We've forgiven far worse players for much more heinous crimes. 3 game ban to sort his head out and remind him there's other people in the queue to play centre-back. As someone said, the error-prone Colo has been starting to rear it's ugly head a tiny bit.

Guest firetotheworks

It might sound a bit daft, but I think he knows that we love a classy centre-back, an maybe tries to please the crowd too much, but surely he must realise that he over-plays it a lot of the time.

Any different to Shearer twatting Lennon? Shocking from him yesterday but he's been superb all season. Looks like he just lost his cool, sometimes it happens.

think it is more shocking because it's colo and not what we expect from someone as calm and cool as him. a lot of people have said he needs to be more cynical and more dirty in his play but whacking someone in the mouth with his elbow is a bit much. maybe he just needs to watch some shearer vids to see how to get away with a sneaky elbow...

Like Barton his performances this season have been very good, and something we can build on. Like Barton made a silly rash mistake and but I hope Hughton has maximum fined the pair of them and hasn't gone down the soft route of not doing so, trying to keep spirit up or some deluded thinking like that.

Good news is Taylor or Campbell get a run out and we can see what else we've got back there. Taylor had a much better season last year just like Colo so hopefully he has similar impact this season on his return to the prem, i'd be very happy if he came back with the same level of performances.