Shearer says talks with Cardiff were "unsucessful" - Sky News

Decky

Guest firetotheworks

Not that I don't love Shearer, but in Carroll's position, I do doubt he would have stayed. The initial reason he came to us, along with being his home-town club, is that we were an outstanding team that was looking to win the title.

Respect means that you turn a blind eye to his 'punditry'?  Oh dear.

And yeah, I think I was being a little too kind describing him as 'unproven'.

Judging a pundit will always be subjective.

So defensive.  Love it.

Me too.

He failed miserably as a manager here.

Wasn't liked and couldn't get the respect of the dressing room.

Very poor. A proper joke poster nowadays.

Just repeating what I was told :dontknow:

Who gives a f*** about his punditry man.  He's an NUFC legend, end of.

People who have to watch him stinking up MoTD every Saturday night? 

Slightly irritating how practically everyone here is prepared to turn a blind eye to it.  Someone on the last page actually prepared to defend it.  Boggles the mind.

Guest Thump 1892

Not that I don't love Shearer, but in Carroll's position, I do doubt he would have stayed. The initial reason he came to us, along with being his home-town club, is that we were an outstanding team that was looking to win the title.

"I've turned down Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus and Manchester United to play here. I hope everyone already knows how much it means to me to play for Newcastle United." - Alan Shearer

This man is a true legend.

Someone who knew what it meant to wear the #9 for the club he loves.  Could have played for any club in the world but always stayed with us.

Compare him to Carroll the c*** who jumped ship at the first opppurtunity to a completely mediocre Liverpool team just for a few extra notes.

You'll never be fit to lace wor Al's boots you judas prick.

Shearer.  :smitten:

absolutely spot on. any comparisons between shearer and carroll now seem unbelievable. pride of wearing the #9 meant so much more to him than any money in the world. geordie legend.

Slightly irritating how practically everyone here is prepared to turn a blind eye to it.  Someone on the last page actually prepared to defend it.  Boggles the mind.

Turn a blind eye to it? It's fucking punditry you idiot, it's all shit!

Don't sit in every Saturday night then.  :lol:

Doesn't really bother me if it's true or not. It's just people love having digs for the sake of it. Keegan, Shearer, anybody with a hint of legacy at NUFC, you'll always get somebody willing to besmirch their names. It's just sad, as if we haven't got enough to be down about.

"I've turned down Barcelona, Inter Milan, Juventus and Manchester United to play here. I hope everyone already knows how much it means to me to play for Newcastle United." - Alan Shearer

Yeah no question of his amazing loyalty (if that's the right word here), but KI's hypothetical scenario shouldn't just be ignored because of it.

Doesn't really bother me if it's true or not. It's just people love having digs for the sake of it. Keegan, Shearer, anybody with a hint of legacy at NUFC, you'll always get somebody willing to besmirch their names. It's just sad, as if we haven't got enough to be down about.

He was a fantastic footballer, probably the centre forward I've seen at this football club. I loved him to pieces as a player and idolise him in that respect.

I was just responding to the comment that somebody made about him as "unproven coach/manager".

But nope, daring to criticise a legend on this forum and go against the "norm", automatically makes you a "joke poster". I know the score, don't worry.

besmirch  :thup:

Wait, I don't follow.  So, because Shearer has a legendary status at the club we have to (literally have to) ignore any serious failings he has?  Just doesn't work like that, does it?

Guest Thump 1892

Anybody who says he "failed as a manager" - he had, what, 8 games to turn the team around?  That really isn't long enough for him to make a serious impact on the squad that had already given up.  His job was basically to inject life into a corpse - and he couldn't do it.

Outside of maybe SBR or The Special One - who the hell could?

Wait, I don't follow.  So, because Shearer has a legendary status at the club we have to (literally have to) ignore any serious failings he has?  Just doesn't work like that, does it?

Serious failings?!? Howay man, have a word.

Guest dazzanufc1892

to be honest, hes a legend, but he severely soured himself when he kicked up a fuss because bob wanted to sell him to liverpool, eventually got him sacked when he was dropped, then supported souness as manager before limping on for 2 years to break a goal record.

Serious failings?!? Howay man, have a word.

Seems we must :lol:

to be honest, hes a legend, but he severely soured himself when he kicked up a fuss because bob wanted to sell him to liverpool, eventually got him sacked when he was dropped, then supported souness as manager before limping on for 2 years to break a goal record.

Howay Rocker, I could have been worse. I could have said that ^ :lol:

Yes, yes it does.