Friends/coworkers

oldtype

I have been shocked by the reactions. The people I expected to be going mental and winding toon fans up have been pretty quiet, whereas the most abuse ive had is off two Blackburn fans. Even my Mackem mates havent said much, despite going into overdrive after the derby in October.

A couple of retorts to any mackems in particular and other "fans" in general who take joy in kicking us while we're down.

Let the mackems gloat for now in the euphoria of their 36 point season, after all it's about twice what they normally get in the Premier League.  They still have to live (although none of their players or staff do) in a scummy city populated by inbred neanderthals whatever league they play in.

Although of course we'd rather be in the PL, the thought of Forest,Derby,Sheff Wed and Sheff Utd appeals to me more than Wigan,Bolton or Stoke right now. The PL has become sterile and plastic, populated by mercenary players and "fans" who know nothing about football. 4 decent teams and 16 sets of cannon fodder fighting for leftover scraps.

Football can only be exciting when you have a real interest in a game and watching Newcastle play Macclesfield is more interesting for any true fan than watching Barcelona vs Man Utd would be for a neutral or plastic.

Don't worry about anti-Shearer songs at darts matches. Ironically it shows how important we still are to the sad f@ckers. It only takes one mackem to or manc start it off and it's an easy one for any drunk to join in with as it is quite catchy after all.

A couple of retorts to any mackems in particular and other "fans" in general who take joy in kicking us while we're down.

Let the mackems gloat for now in the euphoria of their 36 point season, after all it's about twice what they normally get in the Premier League.  They still have to live (although none of their players or staff do) in a scummy city populated by inbred neanderthals whatever league they play in.

Although of course we'd rather be in the PL, the thought of Forest,Derby,Sheff Wed and Sheff Utd appeals to me more than Wigan,Bolton or Stoke right now. The PL has become sterile and plastic, populated by mercenary players and "fans" who know nothing about football. 4 decent teams and 16 sets of cannon fodder fighting for leftover scraps.

Football can only be exciting when you have a real interest in a game and watching Newcastle play Macclesfield is more interesting for any true fan than watching Barcelona vs Man Utd would be for a neutral or plastic.

Don't worry about anti-Shearer songs at darts matches. Ironically it shows how important we still are to the sad f@ckers. It only takes one mackem to or manc start it off and it's an easy one for any drunk to join in with as it is quite catchy after all.

:thup:

Guest cfhpantera27

I'm pretty surprised to be honest, the only person to wind me up so far was my sister and she knows fuck all about football  :rolleyes:

My mates have been very supportive (mostly Liverpool, Man U fans) and some have even told me NUFC is now there second team till we go back up!

They also seem to have alot more respect for Shearer now than from when he was playing?!

Think some people in this thread are a bit touchy really, yeah it's annoying but we've dished it out plenty in the past, now it's our turn to bend over. So man up!

That said, the mackems from work haven't even bothered to try and take the piss today.

Nothing to do with friends or co workers but i'm watching the premier league darts final live from wembley and a crowd of 6000 are all singing the Cheer up Alan Shearer song!!

My mate went to it, said there was a lad there in a Newcastle shirt and they were singing it at him. To be expected really.

Idiot friend of mine left some jokey comments on my Facebook about us. Just deleted them and I don't think I'll be talking to him for a while now.

Why is it so hard for friends/coworkers/etc. to understand that this is not a f***ing joke. I honestly haven't felt as worse as I have today in several years yet instead of offering comfort a lot of people think it's funny to rib me about how "s*** the barcodes are" or how "we'll be sipping Coca Cola next year." It's particularly frustrating since most of my friends are Man United fans.

Times like this wish I was living in the city or at least back home where I know other people who support the club. I don't mind being miserable but  I could damn well use someone to be miserable WITH. I suppose that's what this forum is for  :sadnod:

I did the same to one friend I just deleted him he is not worth a space in my life.

Guest justin99.

I gave one of my mates a good punch in the guts because of his stupid jokes.

wish I hadn't because he then threw-up on my shoes

Guest BooBoo

Anyone else see that tit reporter on the BBC news last night with his red and white striped tie on?

Having said that, if the mackems days of glory are being fairly dreadful but jubilant because we're worse- then i can just about accept that.

I work in Sunderland, and you'd think that would be pretty terrible for me right now. But to be honest they've been OK about it all. Some piss-taking that I'd expect, but it lasted about 30  minutes on Tuesday and that's been about it.

They've surprised me with their maturity tbh.

Maybe it's because their piss-taking was met with "Yes, we are shit and deserved to go down.". I think that might have caught them off guard.

Guest Phil K

:lol: Awww has someone been mean to you on Facebook too.  Pathetic whiny child.

You know - take away the pomposity and  pathetic sneery comments, and theres not much left with you is there ?

The mental equivalent of tumbleweed rolling down a deserted street....

I work in Sunderland, and you'd think that would be pretty terrible for me right now. But to be honest they've been OK about it all. Some piss-taking that I'd expect, but it lasted about 30  minutes on Tuesday and that's been about it.

They've surprised me with their maturity tbh.

Maybe it's because their piss-taking was met with "Yes, we are s*** and deserved to go down.". I think that might have caught them off guard.

Theres also the fact that there is genuine sympathy with the way we've been treat by these money grabbing players too.

It takes a real peabrain to see humour in their behaviour.

Guest Taff

On my set of desks in work (considering I'm based in Wales) I'm the only Toon fans accompanied by the following:

Brentford

Swansea

West Brom

Spuds

Man Utd

So I'm not having it that bad, I have had no stick what so ever, they know how much it means to me, so they are leaving me alone. My mates on the other hand, they are a different matter, they only wind me up so much 'cos they are all glory supporters who never go and see their team and if I asked them on a Monday, if they know who 'their' clubs were playing on the weekend, they wouldn't even know! ...  But they know I'm easy to wind up, so I've only just switched my phone back on, 3 days after gettin back from Villa park (misses wasn't happy!).

Well, tonight was extraordinary. The manure scum were fucking inconsolable. I was so fucked off I yelled at them that they won the CL last year, the league last week, and about 3 other cups this season, why the fuck where they upset? The fuckers were on the verge of tears, the only time i cried because of football was Saturday evening when we went down, so understandably I was livid. Of course it resulted in me being the centre of the shite for the rest of the night. Scum of the earth, how dare they be remotely upset tonight after the past couple of years of football they had.

Well, tonight was extraordinary. The manure scum were f***ing inconsolable. I was so f***ed off I yelled at them that they won the CL last year, the league last week, and about 3 other cups this season, why the f*** where they upset? The fuckers were on the verge of tears, the only time i cried because of football was Saturday evening when we went down, so understandably I was livid. Of course it resulted in me being the centre of the s**** for the rest of the night. Scum of the earth, how dare they be remotely upset tonight after the past couple of years of football they had.

For once their "whore" didn't give them everything they wanted.

Well, tonight was extraordinary. The manure scum were f***ing inconsolable. I was so f***ed off I yelled at them that they won the CL last year, the league last week, and about 3 other cups this season, why the f*** where they upset? The fuckers were on the verge of tears, the only time i cried because of football was Saturday evening when we went down, so understandably I was livid. Of course it resulted in me being the centre of the s**** for the rest of the night. Scum of the earth, how dare they be remotely upset tonight after the past couple of years of football they had.

I know how you feel, I was on another forum (non fooball-with a small football section), when one of them popped up to say I feel like Newcastle. To which I responded and said relegation is much worse, to which another replied saying how would you know? the interto cup isn't exactly like the champions league final. I responded by saying, how about the FA Cup?, and atleast Man Utd will wake up tommorrow and still be in the Premiership, and havn't had a season where they have lost nearly every game. Tonight was a one off, we had to lose loads of times this season to be where we are.

P.S. We actually won the Intertoto Cup.

Guest Gemmill

You know - take away the pomposity and  pathetic sneery comments, and theres not much left with you is there ?

Speaking of mental, you're pretty highly strung aren't you Phil. :lol:

Guest Phil K

Speaking of mental, you're pretty highly strung aren't you Phil. :lol:

Not really, but you SHOULD be.

You've turned into a bit of a dickhead in the last year or so.

Have a look back at your comments chum - the sneery insults is ALL you've been doing.

If thats your total contribution (and it is) then it's head shakingly laughable you criticize anyone else.