Friends/coworkers

oldtype

Guys, HTFU...or Harden The F*ck Up! :knuppel2: (Edit)

Nah, in all seriousness it sucks man.

I had a bet with 2 of my mates (one Chelski and one Man U supporter - talk about plastic supporters....) and I am going to loathe handing over my money with their smug faces looking at me.

The Man U supporter was half sympathetic and told me to keep it as he probably owed me money.  The Chelski supporter though...sending me an invoice of how much I owe him....that smugness.... :tickedoff:

HTFU fellas, HTFU

Got five texts after the game, most saying stuff like "sorry about that mate". Did cheer me up a bit like

Same but then I think like, "F**k, I can't join in with the Premier League banter anymore" and I feel sad all over again...HTFU David HTFU....

Normally I get a fair bit of stick from my mates but I think everyone knows what football and Newcastle mean to me, so I didn't get any grief. Got a coupla texts after the game saying "Head up, mate" etc. And then this morning they all showed a fair bit of sympathy towards me which was nice.

They all support Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool, so....

There's no doubt I'll be joining in with the banter next season. Why should I stop giving Man Utd and Liverpool fans shit? When Liverpool get knocked out of the CL, I'm going to be on the phone to my mates right away and I couldn't give a shit that we'd be somewhere in the Championship. Just pretend like you have no shame and the banter will still be good.

got a text from a southern based geordie "mate" taking the p**s. He's not a football fan and doesn't understand what we go through. He suggested i end my interest in NUFC, and of course i wont do that. Being a Toon fan still gets the blood pumping, even through the bad times.

I'm going to visit him in a couple of weeks, something that was pre-arranged. Hope we don't fall out over it.

Guest johnson293

Not about friends or coworkers, but been out and about today and I can't belive the amount of ****ing red and white sh*te shirts I've seen people wearing - its like they been waiting for this very moment to finally dust them off and start wearing them out in public.

Still seen loads of black and white shirts as well though - good to see people showing a 'united front', despite yesterdays disappointment.

Guest Phil K

I  have no problem with the makems taking the urine.

Our lot were appalling, and besides we've done it them happily over the years

Idiot friend of mine left some jokey comments on my Facebook about us. Just deleted them and I don't think I'll be talking to him for a while now.

Why is it so hard for friends/coworkers/etc. to understand that this is not a f***ing joke. I honestly haven't felt as worse as I have today in several years yet instead of offering comfort a lot of people think it's funny to rib me about how "s*** the barcodes are" or how "we'll be sipping Coca Cola next year." It's particularly frustrating since most of my friends are Man United fans.

Times like this wish I was living in the city or at least back home where I know other people who support the club. I don't mind being miserable but  I could damn well use someone to be miserable WITH. I suppose that's what this forum is for  :sadnod:

you shouldn't be friends with such c***s, should you

People who will take the piss out of friends over a relegation will tend to be the glory-hunting wankers or casual types who don't really understand football. Those who know how much something like this hurts will keep their mouth shut.

People who will take the piss out of friends over a relegation will tend to be the glory-hunting wankers or casual types who don't really understand football. Those who know who much something like this hurts will keep their mouth shut.

spot on wullie. i've worked with most for 20yrs or so and they know i am very honest about my football (when we are shit i'll say it and tend not to bleme the ref for every dropped point). two of the mackems i work with just asked "what d'you think will happen now ?" and they even admitted they had been shit enough to go down also. we've all been dismayed by the lack of any fight.

like i've said in the past if someone takes the piss. shrug your shoulders and say "it's my team whatever happens, i was there for the highs i'll be there for the lows " then with a knowing sarcastic glint your eye "you'd do the same......wouldn't you ?"

I havent took any shit, my phones been off since the game, ive been hiding :lol: Unfortunately one of my friends is moving to London on Friday, so we are all getting together on Wednesday night, they are all Man Utd fans and we are going to the Man Utd supporters aka glory hunters pub here for the game :(