Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Guest Heneage

The danish fanclub have a tradition of awarding a "Player of the year" trophy to a player at the end of each season. The club has always been cool about this and until last year, the deal was that 3 of us could come down on the pitch before the game and hand over to the trophy to the player. Alan Shearer, Shay Given and Obafemi Martins are amongst the players who has received it. I was lucky enough to be on the pitch to award Martins the trophy.

Last year however when it was Bassong, and the arrangement was moved indoor. Because Lovenkrands is danish, we arranged that he would be there along with Bassong and we got to interview Lovenkrands.

This year unfortunately we didn't have the finances at the fanklub to get a trophy so there was no "Player of the year". However we contacted the club again to see if Peter wanted to meet us again, and he did. This time it wasn't an interview but more like a meeting, we spoke of his family and everything, he was really down to earth and actually asking us questions as well about how we became fans of Newcastle and so on. The thing that surprised me the most was that he was honest when we asked about the other players. Generally he had a very good relationship with the whole team.

He finished by asking if any of us played football which my mate did, so Lovenkrands gave him 4 pairs of his used boots.

4 PAIRS OF HIS FUCKING BOOTS?!

RIGHT?! Where do I sign for the Danish fan club?

The thing that surprised me the most was that he was honest when we asked about the other players. Generally he had a very good relationship with the whole team, except for one player who he didn't like.

Who doesn't Peter love?

adasdsfcfd, apparently nobody likes him :)

Seems to be a recurring theme tbh.

Good man management is about lifting the players at the right time. The lifeless surrender of our premiership status on the final day does suggest that Shearer and Dowie failed in that respect.

Glad to see it's just swdewdew he doesn't like, as it's pretty much known no one likes him.

He said that the social life in the club was brilliant, a lot of the players hang out in private as well. He basically said it was because of Hughton getting them together as a team.

Hughton was generally praised a lot.

I wouldn't listen to Butt either

http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/7682/abesimpson.jpg

The year is 1942 and the Germans had taken the lead in Barcelona...of course back in those days we called it Madrid...anyhoo...

Was more like Loven, Nolan and Smith :)

I can remember Butt whining about Zog after Roeder got sacked. Younger players have ambition if they have anything about them so the senior guys shouldn't be surprised if they have to fight for their places instead of walking into the team based on past reputation.

Well I was actually thinking the same, so i'll try to delete what's possible... bad idea really :S

It is a bad idea as you don't know who is reading the posts, a few people have also quoted you so they also need cleaning up.

Well I was actually thinking the same, so i'll try to delete what's possible... bad idea really :S

It is a bad idea as you don't know who is reading the posts, a few people have also quoted you so they also need cleaning up.

Yeah know that, at least i've deleted what I can now... the rest is pretty harmless

Yeah know that, at least i've deleted what I can now... the rest is pretty harmless

PM a mod/admin to have them clean up the posts quoting your posts or something? :thup: