Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

He can start working harder in training during the break to improve himself a bit, he has the abillty to rip this league apart but i've seen very little of that this season. he needs to work a bit on his skill with the ball, would love to see him partner Carroll upfront.

Honestly man, he isn't a dud. The lad will score for fun in the Championship if he was given a run in the team and played up front.

I accept that I may be totally wrong on this, but like Martins possibly wussing out against Stoke last year, that chest injury Lovenkrands picked up at the back end of last season against whoever it was seemed a tad suspicious, and could well be an indication of someone who hasn't got the willpower to be a professional footballer anymore (but still wants the wages every month).

It's just a suspicion, a possibility, nothing more. Just like it's a possibility that Lovenkrands is actually a secret international caped crimefighter during the twilight hours.

I got some flak for suggesting he copped out of some games with that injury last season, but he does seem to end up with off the pitch problems wherever he goes.

Guest Roger Kint

It's strange how certain posters can't make a point without hurling totally unrelated insults or condescending remarks. Is it because of their excessive intelligence or do they have mental issues?

For gods sake get over yourself you childish drama queen, i justifiably said it was idiots who thought that injury wasnt genuine, if you want to launch yet another hissy fit on the back of such stupidity then do it by yourself, I cant be bothered with your daily bleating.

It's strange how certain posters can't make a point without hurling totally unrelated insults or condescending remarks. Is it because of their excessive intelligence or do they have mental issues?

Dickhead.

;)

For gods sake get over yourself you childish drama queen, i justifiably said it was idiots who thought that injury wasnt genuine, if you want to launch yet another hissy fit on the back of such stupidity then do it by yourself, I cant be bothered with your daily bleating.

interesting also how they always throw the first insult then throw hissy fits when answered in kind. They usually want the first word and the last which would make an interesting case for pschoanalysis.

Some idiots are being very harsh regarding that injury imo

It's a possibility. If I saw an "injury" which looked like a player was hurt initially, but then continued to exaggerate it so that he could come off the field, there's no way of me knowing for sure whether he's faking or not. Hence, it's just a suspicion. Maybe is harsh, but hardly warrants calling someone an idiot.

Wasn't there an article a few weeks ago about an ex-player who was referring to players in the dressing room not giving a shit and taking the piss with injuries last year? Can't remember who it was and whether those were his exact words, but it would hardly be suprising if that was the case.

Guest Roger Kint
It's a possibility. If I saw an "injury" which looked like a player was hurt initially, but then continued to exaggerate it so that he could come off the field, there's no way of me knowing for sure whether he's faking or not. Hence, it's just a suspicion. Maybe is harsh, but hardly warrants calling someone an idiot.

Wasn't there an article a few weeks ago about an ex-player who was referring to players in the dressing room not giving a s*** and taking the piss with injuries last year? Can't remember who it was and whether those were his exact words, but it would hardly be suprising if that was the case.

Well would you take Alan Shearer's word for it?

"He got a very, very nasty knock on his back and he was actually struggling to breathe. They had to put the breathing apparatus on when he got into the dressing room. Thankfully, he went off to hospital and they have now stabilised him and hopefully he will be okay."

For the record he missed 2 games due to that, what a coward eh? Oh and as for taking the piss? Only 5 players managed 25 or more league starts last year(fair enough some came on as subs) so any chance you are wrong?

And that completely eliminates the possibility of Lovenkrands exaggerating his knock?

For the record, I've stated it's a possibility, nothing more, which does strongly imply that I may be wrong. I'm just voicing an opinion on a suspicion I have, as pessimistic as that may be.

Guest Roger Kint

And that completely eliminates the possibility of Lovenkrands exaggerating his knock?

For the record, I've stated it's a possibility, nothing more, which does strongly imply that I may be wrong. I'm just voicing an opinion on a suspicion I have, as pessimistic as that may be.

:facepalm:

Guest Heneage

If he was acting hurt that day, he's in the wrong profession.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah he even tricked Shearer and several medical staff at both the club and hospital, still am sure tmonkey knows more from his lofty perch in the stand.......

Yeah he even tricked Shearer and several medical staff at both the club and hospital, still am sure tmonkey knows more from his lofty perch in the stand.......

It'd be easy for someone to say "I can't breathe properly", put an oxygen mask on and sit on a hospital bed for a few hours in order to "pull a sicky", and even if Shearer suspected something he'd not do anything (in public) but back his player since he'd probably be facing a legal battle if he made any unfounded accusations in the media.

It's a possibility, that's all I'm saying. I don't see how you can rule it out without knowing for a fact what the medical staff could ascertain at the time. Maybe someone of them had raised eyebrows whilst Lovenkrands was woffling down the hospital jelly? Who knows? Having mild asthma, I faked an attack once to get out of doing 30 minutes of jogging at school, and there's f*** all any of the medical staff at the school (well, just an incompetent nurse and a few PE teachers) could have done to prove that I wasn't having breathing difficulties.

I fully accept that accusing Lovenkrands of exaggerating an injury is both harsh and based on thin air, and also it would be a pretty extreme thing of Lovenkrands to do to weasel out of a game when there are easier options such as pretending a muscle has been pulled. So I agree, I most likely am wrong on this matter.

That still doesn't take away my gut feeling at the time that the effects of a knock that you see practically every week in football was far greater than the cause (and I say that whilst appreciating that this might have been an exception/one off/Lovenkrands might be weak/etc). Lovenkrands didn't look interested last year at times for us in my personal opinion, hasn't looked interested this season (although that is apparently due to family issues), and hence when you combine the knock + the "zomg I can't breathe for 5 minutes now" + his possible disinterest + the knowledge that numerous players down the years have faked injuries whilst with us + the reports of Shearer's training regimes being alot stricter + the notion that no other clubs really wanted to look at Lovenkrands (maybe others know something we don't), is it still too unreasonable that there might be 0.05% of a chance that Lovenkrands may have exaggerated a hard knock to the back because he wasn't up for a few touch matches and a few weeks of tougher training?

Guest Roger Kint

I managed about 11 words of that before deciding that my initial assessment of idiot was indeed justified. Apologies if some semblance of common sense breaks out after that but somehow i doubt it :idiot2:

From what someone on here was saying the other day he dad has been poorly. Hopefully he is on the mend, and Peter can get back to playing, and being played in the right position too.

Fucking hell, these people live in a different world to us.

Wish I could piss off from work for weeks on end whenever I have a family crisis.

I managed about 11 words of that before deciding that my initial assessment of idiot was indeed justified. Apologies if some semblance of common sense breaks out after that but somehow i doubt it :idiot2:

In other words, "I can't be bothered to respond so I'll resort to insults".

This is a messageboard for opinions and discussion of NUFC related matters. Noone has a monopoly on the truth, everyone will have differing opinions on specific topics. You think Lovenkrands was genuinely injured, I think there's a small possibility that he may have exaggerated whatever injury he picked up, and have explained in depth why I think it's a possibility. If you disagree, then just disagree - if you want to say why you disagree, then all the better. There's little point in being pathetic and calling people names or hurling insults just because one opinion doesn't match yours, and to top it off you don't even have the decency to read a post (and then understand it) before deciding to go off on whatever tangent pleases you.