Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

• 2 weeks later...

Peter Lovenkrands ready to start at Blackpool

PETER LOVENKRANDS has indicated he is ready to start at Blackpool tonight.

The Danish ace came on as substitute to make his second Newcastle United debut in 2009 on Sunday at the Cardiff City Stadium after returning to the club at the start of the month.

Lovenkrands is clearly up for the challenge of getting United back to the top and says he is champing at the bit.

He said today: “It is up to Chris and Colin whether they want me to start – I will be happy just to be involved.

“I know I will have my time to get in from the start.

“I will have to wait and see what happens.”

Lovenkrands is likely to be needed to lead the line of attack alone or partner Nile Ranger or Andy Carroll at some stage with Shola Ameobi classed as a longer term injury.

Newcastle have sent Ameobi away for a short break just for a change of scenery, with his foot injury expected to rule him out for up to two months.

Yet Lovenkrands can also operate on the flank and he added: “In training I am playing as a striker.

“We have Jonas Gutierrez coming back, so he can go on the wing.

“We have great wingers, and up front we have some injuries, so I hope I can get more time up front.

“With the players we have, it will be great to be up there – it is a very exciting line-up on paper.”

“In training I am playing as a striker.

“We have Jonas Gutierrez coming back, so he can go on the wing.

“We have great wingers, and up front we have some injuries, so I hope I can get more time up front.

Good news.

In training I am playing as a striker.

We have Jonas Gutierrez coming back, so he can go on the wing.

We have great wingers, and up front we have some injuries, so I hope I can get more time up front.

Good news.

Go 442 with Barton and Guthrie in Midfield, Ranger and Loven up front.

In training I am playing as a striker.

We have Jonas Gutierrez coming back, so he can go on the wing.

We have great wingers, and up front we have some injuries, so I hope I can get more time up front.

Good news.

Go 442 with Barton and Guthrie in Midfield, Ranger and Loven up front.

No chance of this happening like, especially tonight. It will be 4-5-1 with Butt in for Smith and Ranger upfront on his own.

Hughton unfazed by Lovenkrands' bust-ups

Sep 21 2009  by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

CHRIS HUGHTON has played down a series of mid-game verbal bust-ups surrounding Danish international Peter Lovenkrands.

The former Rangers ace rowed furiously with left-back Jose Enrique and midfielder Kevin Nolan during the win against Plymouth before a further slanging match with Colin Calderwood near the end of the first half.

Hughton is understood to have cooled the situation during his interval team talk as things threatened to spill over, with the three Toon players apparently arguing over Lovenkrands’ lack of defensive cover for Spaniard Enrique.

The incident mirrored the infamous dispute between David Ginola and John Beresford when Bez was hauled off after 25 minutes after clashing with Kevin Keegan on the touchline.

However, a relaxed Hughton said: “If you stand by a football pitch, you’ll hear numerous interactions with the players.

“We went through a period after 25 minutes where we weren’t able to have the grip on the game we had in the early part, which was frustrating.

“It gave Plymouth the lift they needed.

“Peter played his part in the victory.

“He’s a lad who has missed a lot of football in the summer, and he’ll be better for that.

“We expect him to get fitter and stronger with each outing.”

Yet Hughton was more critical about the way his team went about their business against the Pilgrims.

He said: “It was a good win, but we made hard work of it.

“We started well, and got the goal, but the longer it went without us getting the second goal, it gave them the confidence to get back into it.

“It was a blow when they got the equaliser. Fortunately, we were able to finish strongly, and the second goal sealed it for us.”

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/09/21/hughton-unfazed-by-lovenkrands-bust-ups-72703-24742389/

Enrique was pointing to the touchline, in what appeared to be him saying 'You're playing the wing get wide.' As it was too crowded in the middle and it just ended going back outwide.

Lovenkrands has had a tendency to go missing in his time here, having got his contract he needs to show a bit of hunger if he wants to stay in the first team as a regular. It's well documented he doesn't like playing on the left wing but he's not guaranteed a start as a striker so he should get his head down and put a shift in for the team.

I'll say it again, Lovenkrands offers absolutely nothing out wide.

We've not got much choice at the minute, with Jonas out and Raylor playing RB or RW.

We all know hes really a striker anyway, so we'll have to make do for now.

We've not got much choice at the minute, with Jonas out and Raylor playing RB or RW.

We all know hes really a striker anyway, so we'll have to make do for now.

We have got choice. Raylor, Geremi, Guthrie and Barton are all better on the wing than Lovenkrands.

That's not saying much, but Lovenkrands is less effective than all of them out wide.

i've personally had enough of saying it, but people still want him there. It's absolutely bloody ridiculous man.

The problem for me is that since he first pulled on a Newcastle shirt he's made it clear he doesn't like playing on the wing, and when he's put out there he doesn't look like he's putting 100% in.

Guest toonlass

i've personally had enough of saying it, but people still want him there. It's absolutely bloody ridiculous man.

The problem for me is that since he first pulled on a Rangers shirt all those years ago he's made it clear he doesn't like playing on the wing, and when he's put out there he doesn't look like he's putting 100% in.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Stephen927

You rarely see him use his pace to run with the ball, he seems to prefer to play it first time into the box. Bit disappointing for a lad with his pace.

Guest Stephen927

Needs to be upfront

That too, he's wasted out on the wing. Harewood and Carroll are both too similar and both have fairly poor scoring records.