Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Despite the goals, didnt rate him in the premiership at all.

Use his pace in the championship properly and he will be a superb asset.

Think this is a bit harsh.  He was out of the game a bit before coming to us, I think he did well in a very tough situation and out shone Owen for goals from January onwards.

He 'shone' did he?

Thought he was lacking in the tackling, tracking back, first touch and timing of runs department. The first two will come if the squad is as tight as Hughton reckons, the other two matter less now. 

Having seen him, i wouldnt have wanted to keep him if we had stayed up. Would you?

In comparison to the rest yes he did.  If we'd stayed up I'd be keeping him as backup, well before I tried to keep Owen, Viduka or Ameobi.

He was fucking shit in midfield for us. When he played up front, he took his chances well but did very little else. Nile Ranger did more for the team last night up top than Lovenkrands ever managed.

Dont get me wrong, think its a good signing for this league but he made fuck all impact on our league position last season.

You shouldn't compare what one player did in a Championship game to another in the Premiership though.

He should never play in midfield (unless the other option is Geremi), up front he not only scored a few goals but created space for other players with his movement and pace.  Like I said, at best a competent Premiership player with pretty much one really good talent (pace), certainly nothing to shout about in that league.  But in a league were Ameobi is god he's got the potential to be top class.

Think this is a bit harsh.  He was out of the game a bit before coming to us, I think he did well in a very tough situation and out shone Owen for goals from January onwards.

He 'shone' did he?

Thought he was lacking in the tackling, tracking back, first touch and timing of runs department. The first two will come if the squad is as tight as Hughton reckons, the other two matter less now. 

Having seen him, i wouldnt have wanted to keep him if we had stayed up. Would you?

Ok, shone is strong a word for what I mean I suppose.  More effective in tougher circumstances than Owen and got more goals is what I'm getting at.  I think he hasn't shown us the best in him yet and he is similar age to Owen, so given the wages he'd command I'd rather take him than Owen (if we could keep him) if we stayed up... but my choice is being influenced by his cheapness compared to Owen due to our financial situation. Tackling was never going to be his strong points and its not really Owen's either, kind of felt this was a moot point.  First touch and timing of runs will improve as he gets back to more regular football and learns to play with his new team mates and work with the coaches more, wouldn't you agree?

The tackling was important when he played in midfield but i would certainly agree that his touch and timing should improve. Shame he didnt have the benefit of a pre-season with the squad.

He 'shone' did he?

In comparison to the rest yes he did.  If we'd stayed up I'd be keeping him as backup, well before I tried to keep Owen, Viduka or Ameobi.

He was fucking shit in midfield for us. When he played up front, he took his chances well but did very little else. Nile Ranger did more for the team last night up top than Lovenkrands ever managed.

Dont get me wrong, think its a good signing for this league but he made fuck all impact on our league position last season.

Lovenkrands scored three goals for us. ??? I know what you're saying, but surely - what bigger impact is there than scoring a goal?

"did more for the team" Not "impact".

Comprehension Timothy!

I know what you mean, though there are more indirect ways of helping the team, such as pushing the opposition back and creating space for your team mates which he does far better then any player we currently have. Obviously he's not a hold up player like Ranger so he's never going to help the team in that way.

He 'shone' did he?

Ok, shone is strong a word for what I mean I suppose.  More effective in tougher circumstances than Owen and got more goals is what I'm getting at.  I think he hasn't shown us the best in him yet and he is similar age to Owen, so given the wages he'd command I'd rather take him than Owen (if we could keep him) if we stayed up... but my choice is being influenced by his cheapness compared to Owen due to our financial situation. Tackling was never going to be his strong points and its not really Owen's either, kind of felt this was a moot point.  First touch and timing of runs will improve as he gets back to more regular football and learns to play with his new team mates and work with the coaches more, wouldn't you agree?

The tackling was important when he played in midfield but i would certainly agree that his touch and timing should improve. Shame he didnt have the benefit of a pre-season with the squad.

Very true, I guess his pre-season was the 12 games for us last season.  lol.

He 'shone' did he?

That is a deep and loaded question.

It depends on what the alternative(s) might have been. If the plan was to rely on Ranger, Ameobi and Carroll being able to cut Premiership defences to ribbons this season then I might, somewhat resentfully, have welcomed Lovenkrands as an alternative outlet. If there was a plan to shake things up a bit and INVEST by bringing in some cutting edge striking options then I am with you all the way.

I know what you mean, though there are more indirect ways of helping the team, such as pushing the opposition back and creating space for your team mates which he does far better then any player we currently have. Obviously he's not a hold up player like Ranger so he's never going to help the team in that way.

I was more thinking about the amount of closing down, chasing and harrying he was doing.

I was more thinking about the amount of closing down, chasing and harrying he was doing.

Danish League, Scottish League, German League... not known for matching the tempo of the top English league is it? I'm sure he wasn't used to it as much as you'd like, but I bet he would get better the more he played.

If he played alongside ranger last night we would have scored more than 1 imo. Ranger was holding it up and waitng for one of the plodders to eventually catch up then shoot straight away as they knew if they tried to knock it past someone they wouldn't pull it off. Loven would have also created a bit more space for ranger to have a few cracks himself.

I like Carroll and ranger but don't see them being all that prolific, with lovenkrands we now have someone else in the squad who I am confident will get a strikers percentage of goals.

If he played alongside ranger last night we would have scored more than 1 imo. Ranger was holding it up and waitng for one of the plodders to eventually catch up then shoot straight away as they knew if they tried to knock it past someone they wouldn't pull it off. Loven would have also created a bit more space for ranger to have a few cracks himself.

I like Carroll and ranger but don't see them being all that prolific, with lovenkrands we now have someone else in the squad who I am confident will get a strikers percentage of goals.

Agree with that :thup:

Guest Heneage

His accent's not quite as funny as Jeremie Aliadiere.

French Cockney :lol::lol:

It's absolutely brilliant. :lol:

Him and Lovenkrands would be class. I wonder if he speaks French with a twang.

To be honest, I dont want a striker who'll run around, work hard for the team and close people down. We have plenty of those already. You have to have one striker who stays in the danger area and takes his chances when they arrive

Guest Heneage

To be honest, I dont want a striker who'll run around, work hard for the team and close people down. We have plenty of those already. You have to have one striker who stays in the danger area and takes his chances when they arrive

Look at his 3 goals. Man Utd, West Brom, Boro. All very good finishes in and around the 6 yard box. Looks like he's what you wanted.