Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

To be honest, I dont want a striker who'll run around, work hard for the team and close people down. We have plenty of those already. You have to have one striker who stays in the danger area and takes his chances when they arrive

Neither do I. I'd prefer an out and out striker but his flexibility is probably half the reason he is here. The more he plays up the front, the more he'll score of course. Am happy as anyway as i thought no-one was coming in.

To be honest, I dont want a striker who'll run around, work hard for the team and close people down. We have plenty of those already. You have to have one striker who stays in the danger area and takes his chances when they arrive

Look at his 3 goals. Man Utd, West Brom, Boro. All very good finishes in and around the 6 yard box. Looks like he's what you wanted.

damn right, that was my point tbh

what a wanker this lovenkrands cunt is,unfortunetly i'll just have to accept him as a wanker as he'll be a canny player at this level.

If he played alongside ranger last night we would have scored more than 1 imo. Ranger was holding it up and waitng for one of the plodders to eventually catch up then shoot straight away as they knew if they tried to knock it past someone they wouldn't pull it off. Loven would have also created a bit more space for ranger to have a few cracks himself.

I like Carroll and ranger but don't see them being all that prolific, with lovenkrands we now have someone else in the squad who I am confident will get a strikers percentage of goals.

Agree with that :thup:

Ditto that. I just think he will complement the players we already in the squad, but I hope he is used mainly as a striker, he isn't a midfielder by any stretch of the imagination.

Love Looven. He sounds Scottish mind. I'm tempted to get the shirt with him on the back.

If he was Dutch he would have went for £10 million this summer despite being out of contract. Simply because he would have been Dutch.

Still - ONE addition, and apparently Xisco off on loan to Sanatander.

Back to square one in squad strength, surely.

A paper thin squad was the problem, and that has NOT been seen to

Sheer stupidity.

Number wise, yes we're the same, squad wise though, I'd say stronger.

I think Hughton would rather push a midfielder forward rather than play Xisco in attack even without Ameobi & Carroll. Now though if those two are still out, he'll have a striker he's actually willing to play there.

We've went from a pecking order of probably...

Ameobi - Carroll - Nolan - Ranger - Xisco

to

Ameobi - Lovenkrands - Carroll - Nolan - Ranger

The second lot is stronger to me.

Still - ONE addition, and apparently Xisco off on loan to Sanatander.

Back to square one in squad strength, surely.

A paper thin squad was the problem, and that has NOT been seen to

Sheer stupidity.

Based on what we saw last year I'd say that Lovenkrands in for Xisco makes us stronger in terms of quality, and adds a more versitile player. Obviously the squad depth is pathetic, but I half expected it to get worse yesterday so I'm not too despondant.

p.s. in case you've not seen it, there's an article from the Mirror slagging off Ashley and Llambias on .com at the moment.

Anyone who thought we wouldn't be at least 6-7 players down after relegation and the wage bill we have is deluded tbh. We've came out of the window a lot stronger than I expected immediately after the Aston Villa match.

I agree overall, but am very surprised we haven't taken in a couple more loans / freebies thus far to pad out numbers. I actually expected us to sell more players (primarily the Argies, maybe a centre mid or two) and have to spend some money. The first team is good enough to piss this league I reckon, it's what's there as immediate backup that gives me some cause for concern.

Anyone who thought we wouldn't be at least 6-7 players down after relegation and the wage bill we have is deluded tbh. We've came out of the window a lot stronger than I expected immediately after the Aston Villa match.

Heh? Our squad was tiny already, and now it's wafer thin.. I expected us to shift a lot of the high earners and replace them with cheaper players with potential from the lower leagues. The first has happened, the second hasn't. Don't let the results so far foul you, the ridiculous squad size may well prevent us from mounting a serious promotion fight this year..

Look at his 3 goals. Man Utd, West Brom, Boro. All very good finishes in and around the 6 yard box. Looks like he's what you wanted.

and should have added Everton to that! had he not fluffed it, we would have stopped up  :harry: