Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Guest toonlass

Lovenkrands and Best, man,

What the fuck are we doing in this league?

A fit Shola (is there such a thing) and Ranger don't fill me with hope of goals a plenty. All of our remaining strikers are championship quality at best.

Exactly. And it's not like we haven't had a chance to sort this. Nothing short of a disgrace really.

Go in to the transfer window needing a striker and come out with 2 less strikers. Unbelievable.

Some people thought that we also needed a winger and we're one lighter in that department, you couldn't make it up.

Yup, the only thing remotely good about the transfer window was tying up HBA (but even that could have been done in the summer). Notwitstanding the sale of Carroll, it is criminal how we never got a replacement or had a replacement lined up and get an extra striker when it was quite obvious that we were short upfront.

I'm beginning to think that the Best hattrick was the worst thing that could have happened to us during the transfer window, it made some (certainly Pardew) believed that we had a Premiership striker in our books when that game was clearly a flash in the pan

Did we even try to get a striker in, all I remember was Bently, Larsson and of course Ireland and N'Zogbia, all wingers/midfielders!

Our transfer policy was based on the assumption that we'd have Carroll at the end of the window, of course. Not picking up another striker would have been fine till summer really, but replacing our star striker with a big wad of notes :facepalm:

I don't think it's anything to do with Pardew. The frustration has been written all over his face for the last 2 days.

:sadnod: He looked like he was about to cry when Shola was taken off.

I know I'm probably opening myself up to loads of abuse but I actually rate Lovenkrands despite 'indifferent' performances this season.  I think we came up from the fizzy poppers and was surprised at how good Carroll was so we played a style to suit that individual.  Carroll was so dominant in the air that if he didn't stick his nonce on it and score, he would pull a couple of defenders with him and the ball could fall to Nolan for a tap in etc.

I just don't think we've got anyone who is nearly as aerially strong as AC was. 

Suppose I'm trying to defend the forwards and say the midfield should shoulder some responsibility if our forwards aren't scoring goals. 

I know I'm probably opening myself up to loads of abuse but I actually rate Lovenkrands despite 'indifferent' performances this season.  I think we came up from the fizzy poppers and was surprised at how good Carroll was so we played a style to suit that individual.  Carroll was so dominant in the air that if he didn't stick his nonce on it and score, he would pull a couple of defenders with him and the ball could fall to Nolan for a tap in etc.

I just don't think we've got anyone who is nearly as aerially strong as AC was. 

Suppose I'm trying to defend the forwards and say the midfield should shoulder some responsibility if our forwards aren't scoring goals. 

That's the most disappointing thing about losing Carroll - there is no one else like him in the league, which is why he was so difficult to play against.

• 2 weeks later...

Given his goalscoring record for us, and experience throughout his career, he is currently our best striking option imo.

Man your knee must be shattered from the sudden involuntary movement

:lol:

True though.

Given his goalscoring record for us, and experience throughout his career, he is currently our best striking option imo.

Been saying it for months.

Okay I take it back. You're just daft then.

Okay I take it back. You're just daft then.

He's a better option than Kuqi or Ranger.