Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

Shame that Guthrie's still (blatantly) got that WBA-shaped monkey on his back with some people. He's a more-than reasonable enough squad-filler. Vital cog in the engine room today.

Very useful is a massive overstatement, he played against the likes of Wigan and Fulham without getting a kick. And it's been 2 years since Guthrie has looked useful against any PL opposition.

Good performance, it's long overdue.

He's now scored and/or set up goals against West Ham, Birmingham and Wolves (and Wigan, since you mention them). I'd say that counts as useful.

And it's now three home games since the turn of the year where Guthrie has filled in for Tiote and he's played his part in all of them.

Very useful is a massive overstatement, he played against the likes of Wigan and Fulham without getting a kick. And it's been 2 years since Guthrie has looked useful against any PL opposition.

Good performance, it's long overdue.

He's now scored and/or set up goals against West Ham, Birmingham and Wolves (and Wigan, since you mention them). I'd say that counts as useful.

And it's now three home games since the turn of the year where Guthrie has filled in for Tiote and he's played his part in all of them.

Even for you. :lol:

Loven struggles against the best. But as you say Willie, he's been quite a handful against the weaker teams. Today Barton managed to give him a couple through balls. . Although he's been shit the last couple of games, he's not getting much service either.

Glass half-empty ffs. He shot, hit the post, came immediately out to Shola. It's as much an assist as any other iyam.

I thought the ball fell to him 3 yards out and he somehow contrived to hit the post from the middle of the goal, fortunately Shola was on hand to show him how to score?

:rolleyes: Christ Almighty. He was in the position to get the shot away.

I'm not arguing about this s***, i'm honestly not. He's useful against w*** opposition. Fundamental point.

Better than shit against w*** opposition, I agree.

He may be s*** sometimes, but again the service he's getting from our midfield is not the best. They're not able to give him what he likes best: through balls.  Unlike Owen, Viduka, Martins and Duff, Loven manages to score/play well against the weaker opponents: Bham, Wham, Wolves. That's 9 points he  contributed to. Those points are the difference between our current position and the relegation fight. When we also factor that he was free, is on sensible wages and had a big part in  our promotion (even when his father died), his transfer suddenly become one of the best deals we've made.  We have a tendency to ridicule him. But we rarely acknowledge what he's done for this club. I think he  deserves some applause :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

'best deals we've made' :lol:

Think he means for the money he has been good business, compared to the likes of Duff Martins Owen who were probably earning like 4-5times his wage.

'best deals we've made' :lol:

Think he means for the money he has been good business, compared to the likes of Duff Martins Owen who were probably earning like 4-5times his wage.

Correct. Owen contributed to our relegation, while Loven (on small wages) played a solid part in our promotion campaign. The math is simple..

Still wank. Ranger would do his job better.

He probably would but with no premier league goals to his name and limited experience Pardew isn't going to put him in ahead of Lovenkrands. It's catch 22 with the likes of Ranger and Vukic. Personally I think they'll bring far more to the team than some current first teamers but until they are proven they won't be picked ahead of them.

I don't question his commitment and I am very grateful for the significant contribution he made to our promotion season. He's got a couple of goals and assists this term too, largely against poor opposition, and he seems committed enough in his comportment (if not his running/challenging for the ball!). I'm quite happy to have him in the squad for this season but as fourth or fifth choice alongside Kuqi. It's not his fault Pardew starts him ahead of Ranger.