Sol Campbell leaves Notts County

Skirge

First, what the flip is Piers Morgan doing writing a football opinion piece. Fuck off mate.

I don't really want us to go for Campbell though, we could get in a young, hungry player who will be ready to step up when needed. There must be some of those about, surely?

Campbell's an arsehole, he wont be coming here to mentor anyone or sit on the bench. He'll also likely cost us the chance of bringing in someone with a future as a result of his massive wage demands.

The one benefit I could see is that it would allow S Taylor to play in his best position at RB, but the Taylor - Coloccini central partnership has looked quite promising and we need to start building with the future in mind. The defence imo is the one part of the team that is fit for the premiership, do we really want to jeopordize that?

fuuuuuuuck that shit man.. Like Ronaldo said those sort of moves got us relegated in the first place..

It's not like he'd come here to be back up for Colo and Taylor and we sure as hell don't need anymore expensive passed-it honest pros starting every game because they were top players ten years ago, if you know what I'm saying..

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Campbell's an arsehole, he wont be coming here to mentor anyone or sit on the bench. He'll also likely cost us the chance of bringing in someone with a future as a result of his massive wage demands.

The one benefit I could see is that it would allow S Taylor to play in his best position at RB, but the Taylor - Coloccini central partnership has looked quite promising and we need to start building with the future in mind. The defence imo is the one part of the team that is fit for the premiership, do we really want to jeopordize that?

Not too sure about that one

Not too sure about that one

Enrique without doubt and Taylor at right-back as he still tends to mark space at Premiership level when being at centre half. And Colocinni isn't proven in The Premiership at all.

Taylor, Coloccini and Enrique are premiership defenders imo. Enrique took 2 years to adapt and Coloccini is almost there. Taylor is an average defender but won me over in the last quarter of the last season leaving the only question mark next to the RB spot.

Taylor, Coloccini and Enrique are premiership defenders imo. Enrique took 2 years to adapt and Coloccini is almost there. Taylor is an average defender but won me over in the last quarter of the last season leaving the only question mark next to the RB spot.

Enrique never took two years to adapt at all. Taylor won you over playing at right-back yes? So I'd say that would leave a question mark over another centre half at the very least.

I've always loved Enrique because he always had the talent and right attitude. But the fact is, he looked a good defender in waiting in his first season and didn't make a brilliant start to 08-09 either. Keegan had no faith in him whatsoever and he didn't look completely reliable to me until the back end of last season.

Taylor's starting to play with more intelligence and I have faith in him to at least perform adequately at CB. In an ideal world he'd make the RB position his own and we'd bring in anther CB to play with Colo, can't see it though.

Colo has me on the fence. He's been brilliant this year, but couldn't it all be down to the lesser opposition? I'd love to see him in the prem next season when we're back up there, but I guess we'll never know with Fat Mike probably flogging him for next to nowt in Jan.

I think Enrique are definitely premiership quality (even Taylor at centre back) and if Simpson stays he looks fairly good now and was apparently ok at Blackburn.

Colo the jury is still out on, he has looked pretty good this season and like Ronaldo I think players should be given a bit more time to get used to this league (no-one mention Jonas  :blush:).

Taylor centre back and Colo if he continues to improve are more mid to bottom premiership level but all the same they are more than likely going to be the best we can settle for bearing in mind all the other areas that will need investment if we do hopefully go up.

Colo had a real aggressive streak in his game for Deportivo and for whatever reason we saw absolutely none of that last season.

Their fans all said he was pretty shit in his first season which gives me a bit of hope for him here.

Colo had a real aggressive streak in his game for Deportivo and for whatever reason we saw absolutely none of that last season.

Probably been told to hold back due to the rashness of Taylor, and that primarily he was brought in to be the sensible one.

Might have worked out under KK, we'll never know.

Taylor and Coloccini are proobably the best centre back pairing in this division, so where would Sol fit in unless one of them is sold? It worries me that we are talking about another centre back instead of wide players we are desperately short of.

Taylor and Coloccini are proobably the best centre back pairing in this division, so where would Sol fit in unless one of them is sold? It worries me that we are talking about another centre back instead of wide players we are desperately short of.

Taylor's best performances for us came at right back at the end of last season. If Simpson isn't staying past Jan (although I hope he does) that would give us an extra option.

Taylor's best performances for us came at right back at the end of last season. If Simpson isn't staying past Jan (although I hope he does) that would give us an extra option.

I'd rather see Taylor at CB though, that's his natural position and he compliments Colo well enough at this level. Disappointed to see in the Journal that Hughton's prime targets are a striker and centre back again, so he's probably just looking for replacements for Marlon and Zurab when their deals expire.

We need a centre back if we're not keeping Zurab, can't be doing with only two. I thought Kadar did well against Sheff Utd and wouldn't mind him at 4th choice but don't want to be relying on him.

Yep, in that case the Campbell move makes sense, but we still should be looking at getting in a winger taher than shoe-horning central midfielders or full backs in there.