Realistic Summer Targets 2009

Kasper

Guest Heneage

Regarding the MLS, I'd quite like to see some sort of arrangement making the MLS winner get to participate in the Champions League to boost "soccer" awareness.

I believe they are entered into the Copa Libetedores which is their Champs League.

Regarding the MLS, I'd quite like to see some sort of arrangement making the MLS winner get to participate in the Champions League to boost "soccer" awareness.

I believe they are entered into the Copa Libetedores which is their Champs League.

Yes, I know that. I'm talking about the European Champions League. I do reckon Boca Juniors doesn't do as much as playing for instance Barcelona in an actually competitive match, and if they actually did well they could brag about beating Europeans. Which is a certain way to get them more interested.

Guest Heneage

Yes, I know that. I'm talking about the European Champions League. I do reckon Boca Juniors doesn't do as much as playing for instance Barcelona in an actually competitive match, and if they actually did well they could brag about beating Europeans. Which is a certain way to get them more interested.

But travel wise the logistics would be a nightmare, Chelsea travel to Kansas then back to play Everton on Saturday.

Erm...  :undecided:  :colo:

Guest diddimz

But you can't go letting clubs from other continents into the European Champions League, because as soon as you let an American team in, then you will have South American, Asian and African clubs trying to get into it as well purely for the revenue it would create. And anyway an MLS team probably wouldn't get through the qualifying stages to be fair, they would just end up drawing other minnows, who wouldn't have the sort of funds to fly to another continent for a game.

Why should Uefa do anything to help break football in America... as if that's ever going to happen anyway..

They've got a duty to their members and nothing else. Which means they, rightfully, value the Latvian 7th division over the MLS.

Guest Stephen927

"Reds scout William Hancock says Finland defender Jukka Raitala looks an exciting prospect..."

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7B83A644F4%2D1A7E%2D48B9%2DAF95%2D4605613A9A18%7D&newsid=6634673

Should have bought him back in January as the competition is getting too big now :tickedoff:

Seems quite strange that they're put that on their official website.

"Reds scout William Hancock says Finland defender Jukka Raitala looks an exciting prospect..."

http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7B83A644F4%2D1A7E%2D48B9%2DAF95%2D4605613A9A18%7D&newsid=6634673

Should have bought him back in January as the competition is getting too big now :tickedoff:

Seems quite strange that they're put that on their official website.

It's only a fan's blog, not an actual scouting report.

Calderwood returns to the scene with owner Mike Ashley making funds available to the former Tottenham Hotspur defender

This is what was published in the ronnie story on barton today????????

Calderwood returns to the scene with owner Mike Ashley making funds available to the former Tottenham Hotspur defender

This is what was published in the ronnie story on barton today????????

His wages.

"Colin-here's a monkey,go buy some bibs ,cones,whatever!"

Guest ObaStar

you gotta laugh some kid on toontastic is adamanent bassong is going to ars and we are getting vela and wiltshire on loan says all will be revealed in 24 hrs

he was told by an Arsenal source

who does he think negotiated all of that?

Guest GAMMELL

I'm sure I read that Traore has already signed a pre-contract with someone.

Think he signed for Monaco recently, not too sure...

Guest Heneage

Give the man a prize.

Guest GAMMELL

Give the man a prize.

:pow: