Realistic Summer Targets 2009

Kasper

Guest firetotheworks

Oh no...here comes the thread that will spoil my summer again.

Cant.....stay.......away.

kris boyd for a few million. well worth a gamble at this level.

No!

Because you don't want him to leave Rangers, or because he wouldn't cut it?

because i dont want him to leave rangers.

Guest rinaldo #18

Well there is the u21 European Championship this summer. There's going to be a heap of class players there like. Hopefully we'll have at least a couple of scouts in Sweden for the tournament.

We should look to snap up Matty Derbyshire,  been playing well on loan at Olympiakos and apparently there's talk of a £3m transfer fee.  Think he's score plenty in the championship.  Surely we could afford that or maybe Big Sam will want barton or Smith again!!

Would take a look at seeing what David Nugent would cost - will be pushed even further down the pecking order over the summer and I cannot see him being on mega-wages.  Was a cracking player in the Championship and we could be a team he would step down for to rebuild his career / confidence.

We should look to snap up Matty Derbyshire,  been playing well on loan at Olympiakos and apparently there's talk of a £3m transfer fee.  Think he's score plenty in the championship.  Surely we could afford that or maybe Big Sam will want barton or Smith again!!

There was an article posted in a thread about British players playing abroad, and it made the point that why would he want to play for Blackburn, when he's winning trophies and living a great medeterrainien lifestyle in Greece.

Would take a look at seeing what David Nugent would cost - will be pushed even further down the pecking order over the summer and I cannot see him being on mega-wages.  Was a cracking player in the Championship and we could be a team he would step down for to rebuild his career / confidence.

Very good idea. Especially with their new miliionaire owner coming in he could certainly be pushed out of the picture.

Danny Shittu

I was thinking this the other day.

Was really good for Watford when he played week in and week out for them but hasn't really got a chance at Bolton and has kind of fluffed it on the rare occassions he was put in, but I reckon it's more down to a lack of confidence.

Could be the big dirty championship defender we need alongside Bassong.

Decent attacking threat too. He's really quite a solid defender if he's got someone with a brain (i.e not Jay DeMerit) beside him. You could do worse, Roger Johnson/Matt Mills would be both be silly priced. I'm glad that we signed Mike Williamson when we did, he is awesome, Wycombe fans reckon he was better when he left than Johnson when he left them.

Danny Shittu

I was thinking this the other day.

Was really good for Watford when he played week in and week out for them but hasn't really got a chance at Bolton and has kind of fluffed it on the rare occassions he was put in, but I reckon it's more down to a lack of confidence.

Could be the big dirty championship defender we need alongside Bassong.

Decent attacking threat too. He's really quite a solid defender if he's got someone with a brain (i.e not Jay DeMerit) beside him. You could do worse, Roger Johnson/Matt Mills would be both be silly priced. I'm glad that we signed Mike Williamson when we did, he is awesome, Wycombe fans reckon he was better when he left than Johnson when he left them.

Exactly. I definitely remember him doing well for you and scoring a good number of goals from set pieces.

He made a mistake for Bolton though so he must be crap and worse than Titus Bramble, who by the way had a pretty decent season at Wigan.

Sigh ...

What about Messi?

He looks pissed off at Barca.  We should go for him.

Yeah, I hear Ronaldo is sick of playing for Man U and is refusing to sign a new contract. He might be fancy dropping down a league if we offer Man U a set of strips and a free bar in Shearer's on the Championship's opening weekend to see the lad go against Barnsley

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/185507-newcastle-uniteds-31m-championship-winning-line-up#page/11

Anyone seen this?

Jordi Gomez

Position: Attacking Midfielder

Club: Espanyol

Fee: £2.5 million

Replaces: Emre Belozoglu

:kinnear:

Was Emre actually replaced?

Good list that actually.  Someone has clearly put some thought into it.

Just Googled Gabbidon and he's been out injured for the last 18 months, and is currently training with Wales trying to get fit for the new season. His West Ham contract expires this summer. Worth a gamble on a Bosman? Have never really rated him as a Premiership defender but could do a job in the Championship if he can get his fitness back.

Jonjo Shelvey, just utter class, watched a Charlton game last season, the lad is something special! He would be the kind of creative midfielder we have lacked over the past couple of seasons.

He plays best in the hole in a Beardsley sort of role (doesn't defend) but is equally dangerous when dribbling, passing or shooting. A problem would be the fee obviously, considering his age.

Just Googled Gabbidon and he's been out injured for the last 18 months, and is currently training with Wales trying to get fit for the new season. His West Ham contract expires this summer. Worth a gamble on a Bosman? Have never really rated him as a Premiership defender but could do a job in the Championship if he can get his fitness back.

With his injury record could be a gamble,  providing we keep Beye, Bassong and Taylor and re-sign Edgar i wouldn't spend money on the defence,  my back 4 would be Beye, Taylor, Bassong and Kadar.  I would use our youngsters like Edgar, Tozer, Tavernier, Morris, Lough and Ferguson as back up.

Any money available for strengthening the team would be on a new midfield and a goalscorer to play alongside Carroll.

Cracking list is that. Only a couple that I don't know much about. If we sign Gomez, I'll be delighted. I wanted us to try and sign him even if we stayed up.

Away from the more well known names on the list, Cox from Swindon is one player I really hope we've been keeping tabs on.