RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dont know if already posted, but the bloke who just bought Portsmouth said he wanted to buy us a couple of months ago for 200million but Ashley told him he wanted 400million.

:angry:

Dont know if already posted, but the bloke who just bought Portsmouth said he wanted to buy us a couple of months ago for 200million but Ashley told him he wanted 400million.

It was common knowledge that that same man who now owns Portsmouth headed up the Abu Dhabi takeover of Man City, he said they'd tried to buy Newcastle first but Mike Ashley turned their offer down. How different things would have been for us if he'd accepted.  :weep:

Guest toonlass

Ashley really is fucking Del Boy.

Photoshopping opportunity with him as Del boy and Dennis wise as Rodney

Ashley really is f***ing Del Boy.

Photoshopping opportunity with him as Del boy and Dennis wise as Rodney

Ashley to the arabs "i have 40 thousand blow up dolls, i can do them for 30 quid each"

Interesting thought from NUFC.com regarding NUFC being available for around £80m: -

the cheaper the price, the more chance of our being targeted by investors who at best are enthusiastic amateurs like Ashley or at worst, serial football investors who have landed on other clubs previously.

Interesting thought from NUFC.com regarding NUFC being available for around £80m: -

the cheaper the price, the more chance of our being targeted by investors who at best are enthusiastic amateurs like Ashley or at worst, serial football investors who have landed on other clubs previously.

If true 80 million is a very good price for us.

All we can do is hope Ashley sells to someone who appears to have the club's best interests at heart rather than the first to pipe up waving the cash around. :undecided:

I'm not bothered about how rich our new owners may be, i'd far rather they were sensible with their ideas, honest with their communication and backed their manager.

I'm not bothered about how rich our new owners may be, i'd far rather they were sensible with their ideas, honest with their communication and backed their manager.

Surely they need to be mega-rich though? If Ashley had been able to spend big nobody would dislike him and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Completely agree.

Surely they need to be mega-rich though? If Ashley had been able to spend big nobody would dislike him and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

really?

really?

I think so... care to elaborate?

I'm not saying they don't need to be honest, have the club's interests at heart etc, but if they can't afford some serious investment it won't matter.

Dave Whelan

Bill Kenwright

Al Fayed

Neither of these have megabucks but they and their clubs have come out of this season in FAR better positions than we have, with glowing reports for their managers too. All three are tossers but everyone of them has shown more awareness of the game than Mike Ashley, damning IMO.

Completely agree.

Same here. An understanding of football coinciding with not being a lunatic would go a long way.

Guest Phil K

Wishful thinking

I should imagine there'll be more likely a group of assett-strippers or Nigerian Scammers only ones interested

Baffling really. If this club was successful, it would be a bigger gold mine than a successful Man City/Everton/Liverpool or even Chelski