RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest fading star

Revenue = £100m

Wages = £75m

Loss = £35m

Miscellaneous expenses = £60m? That can’t be right. 

Guest Brummiemag

Has he actually given any indication he is prepared to write off the £100 million loan or is that just speculation?  Its quite an important clarification!

He knows by now that he will ever win the fans back over, he wants out, he has done for a while and he will be thinking, well they hate me whatever I do so I may as well screw every last penny put of the club

Revenue = £100m

Wages = £75m

Loss = £35m

Miscellaneous expenses = £60m? That cant be right. 

It is right - can't remember whats in those expenses or even if the accounts give much information on them, amortisation of the playing squad is one item, the costs of running SJP and the training ground (heat, light, maintenance etc), costs of merchandise sold - maybe some rent to the council as well.

Has he actually given any indication he is prepared to write off the £100 million loan or is that just speculation?  Its quite an important clarification!

He knows by now that he will ever win the fans back over, he wants out, he has done for a while and he will be thinking, well they hate me whatever I do so I may as well screw every last penny put of the club

I think it all comes from one of his recent comments:

"It has been catastrophic for everybody. I’ve lost my money and I’ve made terrible decisions. Now I want to sell it as soon as I can"

People are assuming that when he says he's lost his money he means he's written off the money he's put into the club.  He won't sell it for £100 million with a £106m debt anyway so he's going to have to right it off if he wants to sell it.

Simple fact of the matter is no one in their right mind will pay 100 mill for a club in the championship with 100 mill debt.  That's basically costing them 200 million for a 2nd rate club.

He might even struggle to find a buyer will to folk out 100 million, I think all things considered our value right now is about half that.

Guest Brummiemag

In which case it could cost him upwards of £150 million. And to think that if he had just had enough common sense to invest £10 -£15 million in the January transfer window we would have avoided the drop and he could have sold for a much higher price.

Guest ItalianMagpie

How come we have 100 more millions debt? Hadn't Ashley paid everything when he bought us? How could he have already produced such a debt in 2 seasons?

And how come he announces he wants to sell the club just every time the tansfer window is active, to change his mind and renew the commitment just before it ends again, buying 2-3 unknown players in the last 5 minutes?

If he doesn't want to spend anymore for the club and he wants out, he should say that clearly.

Guest johnson293

How come we have 100 more millions debt? Hadn't Ashley paid everything when he bought us? How could he have already produced such a debt in 2 seasons?

The club isn't in another £100m of debt - its the same debt as existed before he bought the club - but the club owes the money to him now, not the various banks, etc.

That article above suggest that there was a clause that said the debt had to be paid back to him if the club changed ownership.

However, it looks like he may be writing that off now.

Guest Mantis

Whichever way you read it, we are in a gigantic mess.  Guys in charge of club with no clue or wish to be involved, massive cuts to be made, unlikely to put any money back in for players and no manager.  It doesn't get any more serious than this three weeks before pre-season.

Guest Heneage

And how come he announces he wants to sell the club just every time the tansfer window is active, to change his mind and renew the commitment just before it ends again, buying 2-3 unknown players in the last 5 minutes?

If he doesn't want to spend anymore for the club and he wants out, he should say that clearly.

To be fair chris it hasn't sounded from minute one that he was the best businessman in his own house let alone England . I seem to remember hearing he came into his money it was not earned. I think he just assumed the playing staff were just too good even without N'zogbia and Given. Now he probably just wants whatever he can get so he can go back to being a sportswear owner. I think the quicker he gets it shifted the better for all concerned.

Might as well start preparing for League One now.

Apathy has seriously set in for me. We're not getting sold, not getting a manager, and certainly not getting promoted. I don't even come on here much anymore because I'd just rather not think about it.

Feel like I should just come back and check in August.

Might as well start preparing for League One now.

Apathy has seriously set in for me. We're not getting sold, not getting a manager, and certainly not getting promoted. I don't even come on here much anymore because I'd just rather not think about it.

Feel like I should just come back and check in August.

Me and you both my friend, this club's state of affairs are really killing me, and I've usually been very optimistic.

F**K you Mike Ashley.

In which case it could cost him upwards of £150 million. And to think that if he had just had enough common sense to invest £10 -£15 million in the January transfer window we would have avoided the drop and he could have sold for a much higher price.

He could have achieved the same thing by simply appointing any half way competent manager when Kinnear had his heart problem.

They know the club's up for sale at £100m which is a fair valuation, can't bode well for any future spending or whatever if they're still trying to get it for £10m cheaper.

They could try to get £10 Million more to spend by getting it cheaper? :pow:

They know the club's up for sale at £100m which is a fair valuation, can't bode well for any future spending or whatever if they're still trying to get it for £10m cheaper.

It's just the usual business haggling surely.

I just hope we don't have to wait for the due diligence to be done before Shearer is appointed.

I just hope we don't have to wait for the due diligence to be done before Shearer is appointed.

If the new lot want what's best for the club, they surely must know if they want to gain anything from their investment, then taking over as quick as possible, rebuilding the team, appointing a manager, etc. is crucial. They'll stand much more chance of getting that £10m back in the Premiership the following season than they would messing around for weeks trying to get the price (which has already been slashed) down further from what seems a fair price for the club and it being too late to bring in players, etc. for the new season.

If the new lot want what's best for the club, they surely must know if they want to gain anything from their investment, then taking over as quick as possible, rebuilding the team, appointing a manager, etc. is crucial. They'll stand much more chance of getting that £10m back in the Premiership the following season than they would messing around for weeks trying to get the price (which has already been slashed) down further from what seems a fair price for the club and it being too late to bring in players, etc. for the new season.

It just shows up more of Ashleys pathetic negotiating skills. They say they want Shearer 110% then get surprised when he asks for a multi million pound deal. Ashley says he's desperate to sell the club, so someone offers 90 mill instead of 100, the consortium is made up of businessmen (so we're told) and that's what business people do. If they've asked for due diligence they can haggle over the price while they do the due diligence. It'll probably go for 95million.

If I tell everyone I'm desperate to sell my house for 100k you'd come in and say ok I'll offer you 90k, it's the same principle.

It just shows up more of Ashleys pathetic negotiating skills. They say they want Shearer 110% then get surprised when he asks for a multi million pound deal. Ashley says he's desperate to sell the club, so someone offers 90 mill instead of 100, the consortium is made up of businessmen (so we're told) and that's what business people do. If they've asked for due diligence they can haggle over the price while they do the due diligence. It'll probably go for 95million.

If I tell everyone I'm desperate to sell my house for 100k you'd come in and say ok I'll offer you 90k, it's the same principle.

Probably thought hed get so much interest theyd be outbidding eachother endlessly. Shame the twat always gets it wrong, he'll still try to play hard ball ofcourse and draw all this out.