RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest itsTosh

Really f***ing promising, that article*. Let's hope there's some truth in it.

*Apart from Enrique leaving. :hmm:

The trouble is the bit about Enrique leaving seems the only credible part. It's the Mail for one thing, who aren't exactly renowned for being itk with this club. AS's wage demands seem completely unbelievable, and where would they get that 3m figure from anyway? The man himself? He has said that he has made no wage demands, which seems much more likely - that he would get his plan agreed and then negotiate a contract. But the bit that seems really far-fetched is the "local businessmen backed by Middle East investors": what local businessmen? and what investors? In this economic climate? Nobody is "investing" in football right now.

I hope I'm wrong, but I doubt very much that anyone is going to buy this club in the near future. I reckon that there is no "100 million" price tag, but that Ashley would sell, if he could, just as he would have done at any point in the last year at least, maybe longer. If a buyer comes along, the price will be decided then. This putting up for sale thing, along with the rumours about AS's salary demands, the "apology" and the leaking of the bank overdraft negotiation all seem to me to point towards Ashley refusing to countenance any major rescue plan, keeping everything as cheap as possible and hoping that the young 'uns will come through in time, or that the economy will pick up enough for him to sell without too much of a loss.

'A consortium of local businessmen backed by Middle East investors' doesn't sound too convincing to me. Either the Mail doesn't know what's going on and it's covering all the possibilities, or it's some flimsy alliance of not very wealthy people which won't provide much backing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The fact that a couple of papers (the mirror, the mail) are running that the group are about to embark on due diligence is slightly encouraging, evn though it is without quotation.

If the local consortium are simply the front (chairman, board etc) and they are backed by the wealthy arabs then it could be an exciting time!

Guest Phil K

"local businessmen backed by Middle East investors"

does that mean freddy shep, being conned by more journalists dressed as arabs?

Wouldn't put it past the London/Manchester rags, or Shepherd.

The fact that a couple of papers (the mirror, the mail) are running that the group are about to embark on due diligence is slightly encouraging,

Anything that has the word "Mirror" involved is cause for CONCERN and distrust, not "encouraging"

Guest Phil K

Lets hope this is the start of the club being sold

Come on man, its from the Daily Mail. You can't even believe the date on that piece of crap.

They're no worse than any other rag - the broad sheets included. They all celebrate our misfortunes.

And not as bad as the Mirror, TBH

im heading off to honor my grandma thats 70, and when im back on monday, lets just hope we are in safe hands and Shearer is the man in charge!

atleast im crossing my fingers!:)

Guest sicko2ndbest

SALE CLOSE? MEETING TOMORROW? 4 SEPERATE INVESTORS?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/newcastle/5462322/Newcastle-United-deal-close-as-Mike-Ashley-offers-club-to-local-investors.html

Ashley wants to sell the club as quickly as possible and, with four separate investors looking through the finances, hopes that a deal can be struck within a fortnight.

He bought the club for £134 million in 2007 and has spent at least another £100 million reducing the club's debt, but is now believed to be ready to accept an offer in the region of £100 million to facilitate a quick sale.

Whoever takes over will not face large liabilities, but will need to reduce dramatically the bloated annual wage bill of £75 million if the club is not to start operating at a loss.

It has been reported that the Newcastle-based group had Middle East backing, but the interest of potential investors in Dubai seemed to recede dramatically last week.

Sunday's meeting should determine whether these local investors, whose identity has yet to be disclosed, have sufficient funds to complete a takeover.

In the interim, there has been no progress on Alan Shearer's efforts to be appointed manager on a permanent basis.

Shearer is on holiday in Portugal after Ashley refused to meet his wage demands and will now have to wait for the club to be sold before re-entering into negotiations.

Guest sicko2ndbest

'Sunday's meeting should determine whether these local investors, whose identity has yet to be disclosed, have sufficient funds to complete a takeover.'

I thought they had to disclose their finances before they looked through the books

'Sunday's meeting should determine whether these local investors, whose identity has yet to be disclosed, have sufficient funds to complete a takeover.'

I thought they had to disclose their finances before they looked through the books

It's almost like the papers are guessing O0

Sorted as soon as tomorrow? Hope not, if he doesn't do due diligence it could be even worse tbh. Needs to know exactly the state we're in before buying us, so he knows if he has the clout to sort it out financially.

Sorted as soon as tomorrow? Hope not, if he doesn't do due diligence it could be even worse tbh. Needs to know exactly the state we're in before buying us, so he knows if he has the clout to sort it out financially.

I wouldn't put it beyond Shepherd to say "I'll give you £75m now without looking at the books or you can wait till we see them when we might give you more".

Guest johnson293

5live saying Shepherd has offered £75m and it could be sorted as soon tomorrow.

Just what i've been told mind.

any1 else heard this?

Just been listening to the 10:30 news/sport bulletin on R5L...

...Nowt mentioned about us.

To be fair, the books are probably alot better than when he left.