RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can someone please summarise what's been going on as of late then? Been canny busy lately and can't be arsed to trawl through this thread.

• Shepherd apparently is interested, and has a consortium behind him who are going to start due diligence on the club next week
  • There's a South African consortium in a similar position
  • There's also an American consortium and the Oman consortium still to consider as well apparently
  • The Profitable Group's interest is concrete but Newcastle United aren't as yet taking it seriously. Say they have to prove they have the money before they'll consider their offer.
  • A Mackem tried to set up a fake takeover story, made most of the Nationals and Sky Sports but got caught out within about half an hour. None of them took it that seriously when they couldn't get in touch with the bloke or find out anything about him
  • Some bloke who works for that company Ashley hired to sell the players told talkSPORT that they've been told to postpone all sales because SP has received a couple of bids for the club

In reality though, it's mostly paper talk. All we've had officially is Llambias saying that SP are in talks with a few groups.

"A deal is nearly done, it's very close," said a source. "It could be announced as early as Tuesday or Wednesday next week."

Ashley believes he can get a better deal if Newcastle have a manager in place for the massive rebuilding job needed to help the club secure immediate promotion.

:kinnear:

"A deal is nearly done, it's very close," said a source. "It could be announced as early as Tuesday or Wednesday next week."

Ashley believes he can get a better deal if Newcastle have a manager in place for the massive rebuilding job needed to help the club secure immediate promotion.

:kinnear:

Yep, he'd get a better deal by appointing a shit manager the new owners will immediately have to pay off to bring Shearer in. :idiot2:

Would rather have Curbs than Shearer.

Disagree.

probably wouldn't have been relegated if we appointed him after KK pissing off.

Agree.

Well we'll have to disagree to agree.

Guest pont-toon

Disagree.

Agree.

i agree with your disagreement but disagree with your agreement

Guest Jungle Barry

Do they mean a deal to buy the club or a deal for the banks to sort out the overdraft etc?

Disagree.

Agree.

i agree with your disagreement but disagree with your agreement

There's always one...

Do they mean a deal to buy the club or a deal for the banks to sort out the overdraft etc?

In the highly unlikely event they didn't just make those quotes up, I imagine they mean the sale. Which is why the entire article makes no sense.

SJH is a fucking hypocrite for suggesting the players should put the interests of the club first when he did anything but 2 years ago

SJH did champion Martinez as a potentially good choice for manager after Fat Sam was sacked. That suggests to me that his knowledge of football is miles better than either Ashley or Shepherd. Whether he's a hypocrite, I don't know, I can't say I blame him for wanting to take the money the mess Shepherd was creating at the time. Definitely the most intelligent Chairman I've seen in charge at Newcastle though.

SJH is a f***ing hypocrite for suggesting the players should put the interests of the club first when he did anything but 2 years ago

Surely he wasn't to know that a struggling billionaire who had no knowledge of running football clubs or this area was going to fail?....oh wait... ;)

It amazes me that people are having a go at SJH for selling up, do you have such short memories?

At the time of the takeover, Mike Ashley was one of Britain's wealthiest persons with an estimated net worth of 2bn, and there was no sign of the credit crunch whatsoever.

Iirc, the vast majority of fans, including the ones on this board, supported the takeover and thought MA would turn the club around, why would've SJH thought otherwise? Most of us were fed up with FFS and welcomed the prospect of a new owner with resources to strenghten the declining club. As it turns out, we were wrong, but I fail to understand why should SJH take any kind of blame, when at the time everything indicated that it would be a good move for the club (and for him as well). I guess he and FFS would've been fucking lynched had they refused to sell.

As for selling the club to someone with no football knowledge, it's not like Roman Abramovic had any kind of knowledge of running a footbal club when he took over Chlsea, nor did SJH when he took over NUFC back then, yet both of them were successful.

SJH is a f***ing hypocrite for suggesting the players should put the interests of the club first when he did anything but 2 years ago

Surely he wasn't to know that a struggling billionaire who had no knowledge of running football clubs or this area was going to fail?....oh wait... ;)

It amazes me that people are having a go at SJH for selling up, do you have such short memories?

At the time of the takeover, Mike Ashley was one of Britain's wealthiest persons with an estimated net worth of 2bn, and there was no sign of the credit crunch whatsoever.

Iirc, the vast majority of fans, including the ones on this board, supported the takeover and thought MA would turn the club around, why would've SJH thought otherwise? Most of us were fed up with FFS and welcomed the prospect of a new owner with resources to strenghten the declining club. As it turns out, we were wrong, but I fail to understand why should SJH take any kind of blame, when at the time everything indicated that it would be a good move for the club (and for him as well). I guess he and FFS would've been f***ing lynched had they refused to sell.

As for selling the club to someone with no football knowledge, it's not like Roman Abramovic had any kind of knowledge of running a footbal club when he took over Chlsea, nor did SJH when he took over NUFC back then, yet both of them were successful.

Good post.

Iirc, the vast majority of fans, including the ones on this board, supported the takeover and thought MA would turn the club around, why would've SJH thought otherwise? Most of us were fed up with FFS and welcomed the prospect of a new owner with resources to strenghten the declining club. As it turns out, we were wrong, but I fail to understand why should SJH take any kind of blame, when at the time everything indicated that it would be a good move for the club (and for him as well). I guess he and FFS would've been f***ing lynched had they refused to sell.

He's a hypocrite and a coward who should take some of the blame for the present situation but wont. Just like the sacking of SBR

Curbishley - a boring manager playing boring football so I guess everyone else would get bored of us as well!

He's a boring manager but his teams don't play boring football. If you're looking for a manager who can maximise the benefits of a good youth system, he's your man.