RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dot Cum talk a load of bollocks, probably wrote that after a session on the drink after someone made some passing comment in the pub.

I don't think they are far off the mark.

I can actually see this going on until Christmas as its wont be any any new owners interest to buy the Club if they can't operate a decent transfer policy and get shot of the shit. Why lumber yourself with an extra £25m in wages.

Dot Cum talk a load of bollocks, probably wrote that after a session on the drink after someone made some passing comment in the pub.

I don't think they are far off the mark.

I can actually see this going on until Christmas as its wont be any any new owners interest to buy the Club if they can't operate a decent transfer policy and get shot of the shit. Why lumber yourself with an extra £25m in wages.

If that's the case why would anyone make any bids in the first place?

All he is doing is giving all the bidders enough time to fight it out a bit, the bidders are as anyone would not offering the full amount straight off. It won't drag on forever but they were ALL going to play a bit of hardball on the price.

Guest Phil K

.com are right about bouncing back being our best chance of not being stuck in the Championship indefinitely like, really can't f*** around wasting time.

I'd remind you thats EXACTLY what we are doing at the minute.

Guest geordienorway

I find it strange that Krishnan hasn't denied any involvement if all the reports are untrue. I think he is interested, anything else would be very strange.

Why would Llambias be showing anyone around the facilities if they were nowhere near an agreement?

Perhaps Ashley thinks that by delaying then a bidding war will hot up but I just can't see it. The longer things go on, the less valuable the club is. That might suit a buyer but certainly not Ashley.

Why would Llambias be showing anyone around the facilities if they were nowhere near an agreement?

Perhaps Ashley thinks that by delaying then a bidding war will hot up but I just can't see it. The longer things go on, the less valuable the club is. That might suit a buyer but certainly not Ashley.

If we go in to the start of the new season with Hughton, the same coaching staff and the same players the club would be near worthless.

There would be no fans in the ground and we'd be losing money at critical levels with the window closing. If we get to the window closing and nothing has changed then NUFC would go in to administration as no one would subsidise the players wages until the winter window only to see them all leave for nothing, and i mean nothing because we'd be so desperate to be rid of them.

I find it strange that Krishnan hasn't denied any involvement if all the reports are untrue. I think he is interested, anything else would be very strange.

Very true, its not like he won't be aware of all the reports linking him a bid for us, the Asian press are rereporting the stuff from our press. That Asain airline came out and denied any interest and thats strnage as I had not seen or heard a thing about them being interested.

Very true, its not like he won't be aware of all the reports linking him a bid for us, the Asian press are rereporting the stuff from our press. That Asain airline came out and denied any interest and thats strnage as I had not seen or heard a thing about them being interested.

Isn't he supposed to be media shy?

Dare i say reclusive.  :rolleyes:

My gut tells me that there is a bid on the table from the Americans.  It is lower than the 100 million.  The tour was pure Ashley bull shit to put pressure on the Americans to up their offer.  I recon .com's source is not too far from Shearer himself.

:lol: yes but I am sure he will have a media person that will be the one to deny the reports if need be, I doubt even if he vought us he would make more than one visys over here, mught not even botger making a visit at all.

A bloke like him though would not just sit back and let the world press speculate about him buying the club.

There could be two reasons why Krishnan is silent. Either he is so ridiculously reclusive to the point where confirmation and denials aren't made or, as I am beginning to suspect, he's one of the interested parties and he's signed the confidentiality agreement. There was a brief hint of the fact AirAsia may be involved and they were straight onto the press whereas the AK link is being widely reported both here and in KL by the looks of it.

I wouldn't get too hung up about .COM either. They used to have their ear very much to the ground but over the past few years the quality of their ITK info has took a nosedive (Deco anyone?). They've changed their mind about Krishnan so much they've no idea whether they're coming or going.

:lol: yes but I am sure he will have a media person that will be the one to deny the reports if need be, I doubt even if he vought us he would make more than one visys over here, mught not even botger making a visit at all.

A bloke like him though would not just sit back and let the world press speculate about him buying the club.

Can't wait to see him down the bigg market getting his groove on drinking a bottle of brown then.  :laugh:

There could be two reasons why Krishnan is silent. Either he is so ridiculously reclusive to the point where confirmation and denials aren't made or, as I am beginning to suspect, he's one of the interested parties and he's signed the confidentiality agreement. There was a brief hint of the fact AirAsia may be involved and they were straight onto the press whereas the AK link is being widely reported both here and in KL by the looks of it.

I wouldn't get too hung up about .COM either. They used to have their ear very much to the ground but over the past few years the quality of their ITK info has took a nosedive (Deco anyone?). They've changed their mind about Krishnan so much they've no idea whether they're coming or going.

Printing opinion as fact seems to be Dot Cums job these days.

Could he sell as many players as possible, not worrying about replacements, and use any money raised to pay back his "debt" to himself, while holding out for the same price ultimately?

Very worrying though. He obviously f***ed up previous attempts to sell, and might find that the buyers just walk away if they think they are being f***ed around.

Not really, they aren't going to go "Oh well you have sold off £40m of assets (wishful calculating) but we will still give you the same price as before".

His best chance of getting a decent price is keeping these players, lets face it we won't get much for this squad!

But the buyer would be paying the transfer fee over the duration of the contract (don't think anyone else pays up front like Ashley does) so he would not bring in that much money and chances are he is still going to have to subsidise their salaries.

Look at City and the Given deal, they were reported to be paying the first instalment after 6 months.

Why would a billionaire with multiple other top real business concerns respond to reports of this nature. He has been noted to be reclusive and he will likely stay in the background and appoint a representative/s as this investment is not substantial in his books.

Why would a billionaire with multiple other top real business concerns respond to reports of this nature. He has been noted to be reclusive and he will likely stay in the background and appoint a representative/s as this investment is not substantial in his books.

Didn't Ambani's spokesperson deny any links to an NUFC buyout some time ago? He's a bit richer than AK.

If they are genuinely more than one bidder, the .com storey may have some truth as Ashley may try and force a bidding war. He will want to get as much money as he can from the sale.

for once, i dont believe .com even though its definitely something ashley is stupid enough to do. recently theyve been putting rubbish on their website, and i expect this is the same. its also very interesting that krishnan hasnt denied it yet......

There's an element of paranoia in the .com article. The term 'parting shot' implies that Ashley would string things out, out of spite. I've no idea how long a sale might take, but I do believe that he's sick to the back teeth of all the aggravation and wants to get out as soon as possible. £100 million is a price that reflects his desire for a quick sale, and he's not going to go all arsey over the odd million.

I don't think Ashley has ever wanted to fuck the fans off, he was just very delusional about how a football club was run and fucked it up big time.

He wants out asap and won't fuck about if a reasonable offer is made imo.