RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

Due diligence completed

Bids lodged at the level wanted

Harris recommends most appropriate bid

I dont see where the lawyers come into this, surely they would have gone through all the necessary paperwork pior to the bids being lodged

Guest Heneage

Due diligence completed

I dont see where the lawyers come into this, surely they would have gone through all the necessary paperwork pior to the bids being lodged

I don't think it's as simple as just passing over a brief case of money.

Due diligence completed

You've obviously not watched any soaps where they say "I'll get my lawyer to draw up the papers, and then my people will get in touch with your people and we'll close the deal". Or something.

Due diligence completed

It'll be a big brown envelope man.

Due diligence completed

Try selling a house and the leeches come out to play - now sell a £200m house and it could take weeks.

Due diligence completed

It was for Ashley.

Due diligence completed

Try selling a house and the leeches come out to play - now sell a £200m house and it could take weeks.

You pay extra for haste.

Due diligence completed

And if it is, they'll be there for f***ing ever counting £100m.

"There you go Mr Ashley. I couldn't get 50s as the bank only had £5's left..."

Due diligence completed

Banks hand out £5?, well not at ATM's in anyway, everytime I go to one I always get £10 notes, even if I take like £100 out, which has been a while because I havn't had that much for a long time now.

Anyone got any jobs going?

Due diligence completed

Banks hand out £5?, well not at ATM's in anyway, everytime I go to one I always get £10 notes, even if I take like £100 out, which has been a while because I havn't had that much for a long time now.

Anyone got any jobs going?

:lol:

MOst places (ie) Talkshite are reporting that these bids are meeting the asking price and away we go.  Are we being TOO negative here?

If they were meeting the asking price the club would already be sold. We just need to determine what the actual price of the club is, and it's probably changing by the day.

Think i want to cry now tbh this is just getting more frustrating every day with no info other than speculation coming out and i just wish Keith Harris would come out and give us a time line or anything to let us no the progress ,ffs is it too much to ask  as i dont want names just an idea on whats going on  :rant:

looks like my wish came true and its information we all needed at last :celb: wasnt to much to ask was it .

Ashley ponders offers

The Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has received at least two offers meeting his asking price for the club. "There have been more than two bids at £100m," said the Magpies managing director, Derek Llambias. One bid reportedly came from a Malaysian consortium and the other from a Singapore based group.

Ashley ponders offers

The Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley has received at least two offers meeting his asking price for the club. "There have been more than two bids at £100m," said the Magpies managing director, Derek Llambias. One bid reportedly came from a Malaysian consortium and the other from a Singapore based group.

That was denied by the club (not directly) in today's Chronicle piece. Assuming it refers to the Profitable Group.

Ashley ponders offers

That was denied by the club (not directly) in today's Chronicle piece. Assuming it refers to the Profitable Group.

Aye was why I posred it could'nt be arsed to do the bold bit ll

Due diligence completed

when i bought my house my lawyers did everything from start to finish. I'd imagine this would be no different but much much more complicated

The legals could take a while depending on how much information was given to buyers, how satisified they were with the DD they did and how much warranties and indemnities they are asking off Ashley.  There will also be some messy work around players contracts, ongoing legacy issues and the banking (if there is that 40m overdraft or raising any further debt) lawyers always take their time as well.

MOst places (ie) Talkshite are reporting that these bids are meeting the asking price and away we go.  Are we being TOO negative here?

They're all working on the assumption that Llambias is telling the truth, does anybody actually believe the lying bastard? My take on it is there have been no bids made, and there are unlikely to be at the price the fat idiot is asking.

Still trying to understand the strange quote "There have been more than two bids at £100m".

It could be that somebody has said to him " Do you not think your asking price is too much" to which it is feasible that he replied with the above.  This would mean that the two bids were not of value 100 Million but cold be 20M for all we know.

Still a long way for this to run......

Guest sicko2ndbest

They're all working on the assumption that Llambias is telling the truth, does anybody actually believe the lying b******? My take on it is there have been no bids made, and there are unlikely to be at the price the fat idiot is asking.

I think bids have been made. I dont think there is any immediate resolution in sight. I do not understand the hold up if the bids have been made at the asking price.

They're all working on the assumption that Llambias is telling the truth, does anybody actually believe the lying bastard? My take on it is there have been no bids made, and there are unlikely to be at the price the fat idiot is asking.

Eh, why would Llambias lie about this?

Baffling.

Just wait to see what the Journal has to say, yesterday morning they said the £100mill asking price was to high and Ashley would have to lower it, its so funny they write a story just so the Chronicle can then rubbish it. Its no longer a newspaper its the Chronicles straightman. :lol:

They're all working on the assumption that Llambias is telling the truth, does anybody actually believe the lying b******? My take on it is there have been no bids made, and there are unlikely to be at the price the fat idiot is asking.

Eh, why would Llambias lie about this?

Baffling.

to encourage new bids, obviously