RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I hear he is made up' date=' Ashley is trying to rush Larry Ellison into agreeing terms on a deal, Lambias & Ashley think that making out they will sell to an Iranian will move things along faster with the potential American buyer. [/quote']

Although that is from someone with one post, probably someone else just registered on the Iranian forum... :shifty:

fk no way ios? Bet its Skirge. :razz:

Tell ya what though, there could be some truth in that, he's not as daft as the name suggets.

Imagine him in the board room. Be mental!

"WHATCHA GONNA DO, BROTHA, WHEN TOONAMANIA, RUNS WILD ON YOU!"

"Well, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING MEAN GENE!"

"My name's Shearer..."

Bye bye Local Hero.

I am a real American, Fight for the rights of every man,

I am a real American, fight for what's right, fight for your life!

When it comes crashing down, and it hurts inside,

ya' gotta take a stand, it don't help to hide,

Well, you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,

I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide,

I feel strong about right and wrong,

And I don't take trouble for very long,

I got something deep inside of me, and courage is the thing that keeps us free,

Well you hurt my friends, and you hurt my pride,

I gotta be a man; I can't let it slide,

Why the fuck is everyone so sure this is a wind-up? I'll be the first to step back and admit I got it wrong if it is indeed bollocks, but at the moment we have no proof either way. Let's just wait until we get news one way or the other before we jump to conclusions.

Why the fuck is everyone so sure this is a wind-up? I'll be the first to step back and admit I got it wrong if it is indeed bollocks, but at the moment we have no proof either way. Let's just wait until we get news one way or the other before we jump to conclusions.

O0

The state we're in a made up takeover could probably take over.

Guest firetotheworks

Why the f*** is everyone so sure this is a wind-up? I'll be the first to step back and admit I got it wrong if it is indeed bollocks, but at the moment we have no proof either way. Let's just wait until we get news one way or the other before we jump to conclusions.

Probably the endless supply of wind ups, half truths, lies, contradictions, and tenuous links to do with the takeover. I think if this had been the first of any interest, most of us would be taking it more seriously. Im trying to stay level headed and impartial until we know any better, but our history since Ashley took over, and particularly since we've been up for sale is making it really difficult.

Why the f*** is everyone so sure this is a wind-up? I'll be the first to step back and admit I got it wrong if it is indeed bollocks, but at the moment we have no proof either way. Let's just wait until we get news one way or the other before we jump to conclusions.

Probably the endless supply of wind ups, half truths, lies, contradictions, and tenuous links to do with the takeover. I think if this had been the first of any interest, most of us would be taking it more seriously. Im trying to stay level headed and impartial until we know any better, but our history since Ashley took over, and particularly since we've been up for sale is making it really difficult.

I'm running with everything.

http://www.blogonthetyne.co.uk/2009/07/no-takers-mike.html

No takers Mike?

By Lee Ryder on Jul 30, 09 07:35 PM

The painstakingly slow sale of Newcastle United goes on at St James's Park with the new season now just over a week away.

Wild talk that from the Middle East that a new investor with big ideas is set to come in has done nothing but add more confusion to an already gloomy scenario for Toon fans.

Derek Llambias may well have spoke up to a national newspaper today but only managed to wheel out a familiar line when he said: "I can say we are very close to completing a deal and it could happen next week."

You have to hope he's right but the hack who penned the story wouldn't be the first to be sucked in by this sort of line.

How many times has he said it?

Yet while every journalist is chasing the story that finally tells the world that Newcastle United have been sold - the story at the moment is quite simple.

Mike Ashley is struggling to find a buyer because he wants far too much for this football club.

In my opinion, any businessman worth his salt is not going to dive in now.

Why would you?

Remember potential buyers have to pay £100million to get their hands on the club and then agree to tackle the overdraft (thought to be around £42million), there is also the £100million loan that Ashley wants back and series of payments on transfers and contracts that take the price closer to £300million.

Potential new owners will sit back and let Ashley get to grips with the overdraft and let Ashley clear the wage bill by selling some of the players who seem determined to move on at St James's - and only then the price will drop.

The longer Ashley runs the club, the quicker the price comes down and with Sky about to pump in £12million for TV rights very soon and the revenue generated on matchdays, the business will look slightly healthier and more attractive to potential owners.

Certainly if sources close to Freddy Shepherd are to be believed, the £60million bid launched a few weeks ago will not be increased but could look like a good offer in the next couple of months if they can't sell.

Many bloggers on here are quick to accuse journalists of not asking the questions to United's board or Seymour Pierce - but the truth is the calls go in every day.

And sometimes when there is a response from Ashley's PR people the answer is only "things are ongoing" or a denial on things they don't like.

On the subject of things they didn't like, the Profitable Group certainly appeared to get under the skin of the Newcastle United board this week.

Dubbed as time wasters by "sources close to Llambias" but significant enough to merit a phone call at the crack of dawn to those same sources to reveal they had pulled out of a race they were deemed never to be involved in, in the first place!

Steve McMahon said they were genuine contenders but never had an answer back from Seymour Pierce or United.

Something is wrong somewhere.

Yet amazingly, despite being the only ones who are trying to find the truth, it is the journalists who get in it in the neck when, it is Seymour Pierce who are the ones unable to sell the club at the second attempt after two hapless attempts - and Newcastle United for failing to keep the fans up to date.

The subject of NDAs has cropped up all summer - but all fans are asking for is to be informed on progress and not necessarily who the bidders are.

We're still waiting for a response from the club on that subject - a detailed update from Mr Ashley or Mr Llambias, while Keith Harris is on a break.

We'd love to bring you that information but every time the question goes in and the door is knocked upon - it is usually quickly slammed shut in our faces.

Lazy journalism?

Lazy journalism is the world of cut and paste and sometimes the orginal source of Newcastle United content is from us - even if it gets repackaged and credited to other organisations.

At this newspaper, we put the calls in and we do knock on doors and even if the answers we get aren't the ones that people want, we get on with our jobs and go in again.

One fan emailed me today to ask why we couldn't be more positive on the football side of things.

That's a very good question and the coverage of events on the field is something that can't be neglected - we've been to every pre-season friendly this season at first team and reserve team level and provided commentary and reaction on each game.

At what stage do we accept that Chris Hughton is our manager and the ups and downs of a new season are upon us?

Now? Halfway through?

Or just like the ill-fated Premier League campaign, when it's too late and the team has a foot in the division below?

The mess sadly continues at St James's Park.

It will all end with Mahjoob's face making an appearance on a massive screen outside St. James' Park, saying "What's happening, dudes?" Then he dissolves into Mike Ashley: "We are talking Jape of the Decade. We are talking April, May, June, July, and August Fool. Yes, that's right -- I am Mahjoob. Mahjoob never existed. It was me all along. Wheeze of the week, mates."

And then we'll be stuck with him for the rest of eternity.

It will all end with Mahjoob's face making an appearance on a massive screen outside St. James' Park, saying "What's happening, dudes?" Then he fades into Mike Ashley: "We are talking Jape of the Decade. We are talking April, May, June, July, and August Fool. Yes, that's right -- I am Mahjoob. Mahjoob never existed. It was me all along. Wheeze of the week, mates."

Dissolve not fade.

It will all end with Mahjoob's face making an appearance on a massive screen outside St. James' Park, saying "What's happening, dudes?" Then he dissolves into Mike Ashley: "We are talking Jape of the Decade. We are talking April, May, June, July, and August Fool. Yes, that's right -- I am Mahjoob. Mahjoob never existed. It was me all along. Wheeze of the week, mates."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6XdcJjP5JE