RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I want to believe it...

BUT...

This guy didn't exist until 7 hours ago as far as google is concerned.

It's a wind up. It has to be. How many 'tycoons' remain completely anonymous? Even our reclusive Mr. Ashley had had a fair bit written about him prior to taking over at Newcastle.

You realise that his name is only Sirous Mahjoob in the Western alphabet, and if his dealings have only been in Arab nations thus far then there is no reason for him to be on English google?

Yes, I'm well aware.

Again, what is the likelihood that this 'tycoon', rich enough to buy Newcastle United, has never had anything written about him in the Latin alphabet.

I still say it's a wind up until something more credible materialises.

There are hundreds of people in the world who can afford the £100m, and you don't have to deal with the west these days to be rich. Someone in the UAE can make stinking loads without the need to be recognised in the West.

Sirously, of all these latecomers who have come on this afternoon screaming "OMG its fake!" how many of you have actually read the sources and the evidence and not just read the last two pages and google and jumped to conclusions?

Sirously, of all these latecomers who have come on this afternoon screaming "OMG its fake!" how many of you have actually read the sources and the evidence and not just read the last two pages and google and jumped to conclusions?

:lol: I spotted the hidden joke btw. Get in.

I want to believe it...

BUT...

It's a wind up. It has to be. How many 'tycoons' remain completely anonymous? Even our reclusive Mr. Ashley had had a fair bit written about him prior to taking over at Newcastle.

You realise that his name is only Sirous Mahjoob in the Western alphabet, and if his dealings have only been in Arab nations thus far then there is no reason for him to be on English google?

Yes, I'm well aware.

Again, what is the likelihood that this 'tycoon', rich enough to buy Newcastle United, has never had anything written about him in the Latin alphabet.

There are hundreds of people in the world who can afford the £100m, and you don't have to deal with the west these days to be rich. Someone in the UAE can make stinking loads without the need to be recognised in the West.

Clutching at straws.

You also don't have to do business with the the west to have something written about you.

The original article claims he's mates with the Iranian David Beckham. He's not exactly a low profile bloke by the sounds of it... yet no one in has written anything about him in the latin alphabet? Ever?

I'm not saying it's impossible but you have to concede that it's very very unlikely.

I want to believe it...

BUT...

Yes, I'm well aware.

Clutching at straws.

You also don't have to do business with the the west to have something written about you.

The original article claims he's mates with the Iranian David Beckham. He's not exactly a low profile bloke by the sounds of it... yet no one in has written anything about him in the latin alphabet? Ever?

I'm not saying it's impossible but you have to concede that it's very very unlikely.

Could Mike Ashley be found on Arabic google before he bought NUFC? I reckon not.

Guest Wally_McFool

Heres some evidence of how rich this Sirous bloke is?

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/richlist/list?clr=2&sort=rank

:bng:

I want to believe it...

BUT...

Yes, I'm well aware.

Clutching at straws.

Could Mike Ashley be found on Arabic google before he bought NUFC? I reckon not.

http://www.google.ae/search?q=mike+ashley+sports+direct+news+2005&hl=ar&sa=2

Iranians aren't Arabs  :nope:

I want to believe it...

BUT...

Yes, I'm well aware.

Clutching at straws.

Mike Ashley in an Arabic news source in its Arabic form?

Iranians aren't arabs  :nope:

Yep, notice the Omani Sultan is missing too. Not that Steve McMahon would make any rich lists like.

I want to believe it...

BUT...

Yes, I'm well aware.

Clutching at straws.

If you do the leg work and get "Mike Ashley" put into Arabic then we'll test it out. Otherwise we'll just put you down as talking nonsense, deal?

Yeah right, it also says that the Bin laden family does Construction & Industry. Far from that really.

Yeah right, it also says that the Bin laden family does Construction & Industry. Far from that really.

Have you seen the comments?

I was wanting to know if any of these billionaires would be willing to donate money to help me and my family to better our lives,and help me start a business.

Thank you

William B.Starnes

:lol:

The Sun have probably mistranslated his name as well given the difficulty of this. Will probably turn out that his name is actually Serius Mydude or something.

And I guess the reporters of Arabian Business dont know the arabian alphabet either.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I siriously wish everyone would stop bickering and maybe we can find out if this is true or a hoax.

I want to believe it...

BUT...

Yes, I'm well aware.

Clutching at straws.

If you do the leg work and get "Mike Ashley" put into Arabic then we'll test it out. Otherwise we'll just put you down as talking nonsense, deal?

I think it works the other way around kid.