RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Not sure about a potential owner desperately getting enough funds together to pay a deposit on the club with the vast amount still to be paid. Doesn't hold much hope of the investment in the squad we seriously need.

We're not going to get a sugar daddy mate, get used to it.

I don't expect a sugar daddy but at least someone who can afford the club, I might be naive but this all seems to me like he is going to buy the club and spend the next few years struggling just to pay for it.

Trying to get the best deal possible doesn't make someone poor.  It just means they aren't crazy spendaholic arrabs.

We cant still be worth 100 mill if we've sold 20mill worth of players ?

The 20m is either in the club accounts or owed to the club though so it hasn't decreased the value.  It would only be a problem if the players being sold were seen as important by the potential owners or if we were selling them for under their market value.

Regarding the 20 million bamked, I would imagine as there appeared to be an agreement with Inter Milan to pay the Martins fee at 2 million a year, a substantial amount of the money from Wolfsburg will go to Inter.

As I understand it, last season, we still owed 27 million in outstanding transfer fees including payments for Luque and Duff. Im would imagine we are now owed money for the sales of Given, Milner and N.Zogbia so along with the mkoney from the Basssong and Beye transfers, the debt would be considerably reduced and the value of the club could still be 100 million

Latest tripe from the Daily Mail. I will cling on to it given the latest O'Leary rumours!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205225/Geordie-hero-Shearer-boss-Newcastle-days.html

Geordie hero Shearer back as boss of Newcastle 'within days'

By Rob Draper

Last updated at 5:53 PM on 09th August 2009

* Comments (1)

* Add to My Stories

Waiting in the wings: Former boss Shearer

Waiting in the wings: Former boss Shearer

Alan Shearer could return as Newcastle manager as early as next week — but only if owner Mike Ashley is willing to accept a £70million offer for the club from Geordie businessman Barry Moat.

As Newcastle came from behind to draw 1-1 with West Bromwich yesterday on the opening day of the Championship season, Ashley, whose name was repeatedly abused by travelling fans, was flying in from Hawaii to finalise negotiations, with Keith Harris — who is conducting the potential sale — confident the deal can be completed within days.

Newcastle dropped Joey Barton to the bench after reports of an altercation with

temporary manager Chris Hughton and Moat is keen to get Shearer, who was at The Hawthorns yesterday as a BBC analyst, before the transfer window closes, so the club can buy players better suited to a promotion campaign.

Shearer said: ‘If someone comes in and buys the football club and wants me as manager and everything is right, and they want to get the club back up to the Premier League, then I would dearly love the chance to finish what I started last season. Other than that, you have to believe me when I say I don’t know anything.’

The decision will depend on Ashley’s attitude when he meets Seymour Pierce chairman Harris this week, who will present him the terms of Moat’s bid for the club.

But Ashley wants at least £90m and may yet decided to stay at the club for another year.

Shearer added: ‘I am still here, still in limbo. I don’t know any more than anyone else. But I want it sorted either way because of the love of the football club.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205225/Geordie-hero-Shearer-boss-Newcastle-days.html#ixzz0Nht8OgDs

I've lost all hope. Ashley is staying. He's not going to appoint Shearer. He's not going to invest in quality players. He's going to continue to offload our best players to save money. By the time the transfer window closes, we'll be the smallest squad in the Fizzy Pop, being led out by Butt, Nolan, Raylor, Ameobi and the likes.

:frantic:

But I'll continue to love NUFC.

Caulkin:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6789257.ece

This threatens to be a pivotal week at St James’ Park because there is only so long for talks to continue between Newcastle, Seymour Pierce, the investment bank charged with selling the club, and Barry Moat, the preferred bidder. Soon, an offer must be made and Ashley must decide whether to stick or twist.

Moat is due to speak to Alan Shearer, the manager-in-waiting, today, but Newcastle remain on a precipice. The alternative — a dreaded one — is that Ashley remains for another year and appoints a new manager. Given that Shearer and Ashley have not held talks since the club were relegated, he would not be favourite for the role.

It also explains why certain unemployed managers have suddenly received publicity. Derek Llambias, Newcastle’s managing director, has denied reports that Joe Kinnear could return and did the same yesterday regarding David O’Leary’s candidacy.

Guest geordienorway

Caulkin:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article6789257.ece

It also explains why certain unemployed managers have suddenly received publicity. Derek Llambias, Newcastle’s managing director, has denied reports that Joe Kinnear could return and did the same yesterday regarding David O’Leary’s candidacy.

Didn't Craig say that Llambias refused to comment on the O'Leary-situation?

He refused to comment on the Moat situation, the O'Dreary thing is utter bollocks I think, the papers just picked an out of work manager and ran with it.

Aslo if it had came from the Ashley camp I say its more of a hurry up as no buyer will want to have to sack a manager straight away.

Just came off the phone to my ITK - He said we're going to be taken over this Wednesday, providing everything goes to plan. He said Barry Moat is edging closer and closer and there's just one or two things to iron out before the deal goes through. There'll be a press-conference at 4pm on Wednesday. My ITK is called Simon -that's all I can tell you.

I hope the big Iam is right, but I'm holding out little hope of anything happening over than our state of paralysis continuing way into the season or that fuckwit taking us off the market again.

I'd say I'm sick of this shit but it went beyond that a long time ago.

Guest Marley_The_Dog

Anyone who comes here calming he has "itk" info should be banned untill proven right.

fknggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I hope the big Iam is right, but I'm holding out little hope of anything happening over than our state of paralysis continuing way into the season or that fuckwit taking us off the market again.

I'd say I'm sick of this shit but it went beyond that a long time ago.

:lol:

Just came off the phone to my ITK - He said we're going to be taken over this Wednesday, providing everything goes to plan. He said Barry Moat is edging closer and closer and there's just one or two things to iron out before the deal goes through. There'll be a press-conference at 4pm on Wednesday. My ITK is called Simon -that's all I can tell you.

3pm you mean.

3pm you mean.

Aye, sorry typing error...

3pm you mean.

Simon said "4pm"

3pm you mean.

Aye, sorry typing error...

No worries.