RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hughton has bolstered his defence by signing Manchester United right-back Danny Simpson on loan and is already setting his sights on signing Tottenham teenager Jake Livermore and Watford defender Mike Williamson.

:facepalm:

Is it beyond these people to use Wikipedia?

Livermore only signed for a month didn't he?  It could still be possible for us to sign him after his Derby loan expires as the loan window is a month longer isn't it?

Not 100% on that, but i'm sure the loan and permanent transfers are different time scales.

I'd love to buy Hughton a pint and shake his hand tbh. A lot of people probably think differently to that but i hold him in quite a high regard tbh as a person.

I realise how totally off the cuff that comment was btw.

Guest DavB93

The only reason I have any hope that the club might still get sold is that Freddie Shepherd and Barry Moat have kept very quiet to this point. They are obviously still in there pitching FWIW.

As I've mentioned in previous quotes, I don't think NUFC will be sold to Freddy as he's had an offer on the table for a couple of months now and the only communicaton he's had from the club is if he wants to increase his offer.

Shepherd is still keeping his mouth shut though, just in case he might get lucky.

Freddy isn't stupid and has shown his hand......we'll see what happens when the dust settles and who is right

Guest DavB93

I'd love to buy Hughton a pint and shake his hand tbh. A lot of people probably think differently to that but i hold him in quite a high regard tbh as a person.

totally agree mate...with what he's had to go though the last 2 years

Completely agree. Clueless as a manager but he's never once tried to deny that fact. He's been treated like a total mug.

Agreed. I have a lot of time for the man.

re the thread title at the mo "ashley extends club sale deadline".......do any of the people who write these stories (i shan't call them journalists) think it's likely that after the "deadline" if someone got in touch with ashley to buy the club,could prove the funds etc then ashley would say "deadlines gone,sorry".

there is no deadline.

re the thread title at the mo "ashley extends club sale deadline".......do any of the people who write these stories (i shan't call them journalists) think it's likely that after the "deadline" if someone got in touch with ashley to buy the club,could prove the funds etc then ashley would say "deadlines gone,sorry".

there is no deadline.

No, but there could be a deadline at which point Ashley feels he has to employ a manager and bring his players in, both of which a potential new owner may not want.

No I see what you mean, he is being made to do a job he isn't comfortable with and is trying to just do his best and get on with it. Doesn't deserve some of the stick he gets, yes he could walk but it probably wouldn't improve the situation and although he is probably very comfortable financially most of us wouldn't walk away from that wage either. I am sure he wants to go back to coaching as much as us!

:lol: at the ppl holding someone in 'high regard' for picking up a more than decent wage for something they're not capable of.

What a martyr.

Fair comment. :lol:

Still, it would be much easier for him to fuck off and get a normal job at a normal club tbh.

Id image spurs can recall him if they want, especially if we are buying. hardly a stretch to wait a couple of weeks until his loan is up. we can loan throughout the season right.

I think there's a cut off point, a deadline during the season.

madras should know. :razz:

there is no deadline.

No, but there could be a deadline at which point Ashley feels he has to employ a manager and bring his players in, both of which a potential new owner may not want.

hardly a deadline beyond which a deal can't be done.

it's a load of old shit im telling you,  fat Ash aint extending shit im fucking telling you, we've had a gutful and all these bullshit stories is just gonna try and drag us on and on, possibly till JFK is well enough to come back. 

It's so fucking predictable, that fat fucker is taking us all for mugs.    :facepalm:

:lol: at the ppl holding someone in 'high regard' for picking up a more than decent wage for something they're not capable of.

What a martyr.

So, if this is the criteria for how much you're allowed to like someone in football... should we have looked at Alan Shearer (as player) with a stern face, nodding our heads with bleak appreciation? After all, he was on £50,000 a week so he should have been performing like that - hardly a hero for goodness sake. Anything less and it's not really good enough and an injustice.  .....?

It doesn't work like that. We know what people earn in football; it's something us mere mortals have got to put to the back of our mind. I'm not considering that whatsoever.

I like the guy because whilst: he knows he's out of his depth, we know he's out of his depth, the players know he's out of his depth, he's got stuck in - kept a cool head and simply got on with it. Not forgetting he's been here since Allardyce - he's seen it all, but regarless of that, he's done his (and other people's) jobs with no fuss whatsoever.

It warmed the heart a bit seeing him celebrate the way he did when Duff scored. He loves this club and badly wants to do well for us, you can see that and i tip my hat to him for that.

What a martyr.

So, if this is the criteria for how much you're allowed to like someone in football... should we have looked at Alan Shearer (as player) with a stern face, nodding our heads with bleak appreciation? After all, he was on £50,000 a week so he should have been performing like that - hardly a hero for goodness sake. Anything less and it's not really good enough and an injustice.  .....?

It doesn't work like that. We know what people earn in football; it's something us mere mortals have got to put to the back of our mind. I'm not considering that whatsoever.

I like the guy because whilst: he knows he's out of his depth, we know he's out of his depth, the players know he's out of his depth, he's got stuck in - kept a cool head and simply got on with it. Not forgetting he's been here since Allardyce - he's seen it all, but regarless of that, he's done his (and other people's) jobs with no fuss whatsoever.

It warmed the heart a bit seeing him celebrate the way he did when Duff scored. He loves this club and badly wants to do well for us, you can see that and i tip my hat to him for that.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i'd also like to extend my appreciation towards hughton who is doing a good job under difficult circumstances in a position he's rather not be in not to mention the dignity he brings to the position. If it came down to a choice between kinnear and hughton i'd take hughton in charge

Guest The Libertine

if all this IS bollocks we'd have heard from mr moat by now. he surely wouldnt just sit back and let all this be said for no reason?