RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Thinks we'll get promoted if we continue the way we're going."

7 points out of every 9 would suggest that. What a revelation.

This is the downside of a couple of good results, In Ashley-Land everything's plain sailing from here on.

What scares me is, Ashley and co might see our results and think we are fine to go on after the window is shut, so will not be desperate to sell up before the end of the month. The shit will fairly hit the fan when the inevitable injuries start coming.

I can see us going into September with this squad plus 2 young loanees and minus 3 absolutely essential players.

Wouldnt surprise me if they look at Shola's 4 goals and see that as an opportunity to offer him to clubs.

This is the downside of a couple of good results, In Ashley-Land everything's plain sailing from here on.

Don't you think our unexpected good start to the season might have tempered Ashley's enthusiasm to sell?

Don't you think our unexpected good start to the season might have tempered Ashley's enthusiasm to sell?

That's what I'm saying, I had a feeling this would happen. The fat jelly bean doesn't know whether to stick or twist.

The stupid thing is, if he'd said in May "I've made mistakes, here's some money, here's Shearer, let's get promoted, sell the wasters and fix this" then we'd have every chance of going back up and then he could sell us for a lot more. Instead he's stuck in two minds and is going to lose even more money.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The fat get is in no rush to sell. He holds the cards in a sense now, we have started well, 7 out of  9 against some of the stronger teams, showing the league isnt as strong as some make out, and showing our chances of going up as good. If he dosnt sell he will still get 60-80mil for us next year without promotion as we will be a trimmer squad. If we go up he could get another 100mil on top

Another problem is that if he stays and holds out for promotion (and more money). Then we are absolutely fucked in 10/11. Another summer takeover will drag and we will be nowhere near ready for the Premiership.

He may well have decided to try and wear down the antipathetic Geordie support, anticipating that he will be vindicated in showing that his way (cutting the squad to bare bones, and still winning enough games to get promotion) was the right way. Certainly seems a stubborn enough bastard.

The stupid thing is, if he'd said in May "I've made mistakes, here's some money, here's Shearer, let's get promoted, sell the wasters and fix this" then we'd have every chance of going back up and then he could sell us for a lot more. Instead he's stuck in two minds and is going to lose even more money.

Too easy. Too sensible. Too normal. We're lucky he hasn't let the club stagnante by not appointing anyone to manage us with the transfer window almost closed, and hasn't managed to sell the club. Oh wait...

Too easy. Too sensible. Too normal. We're lucky he hasn't let the club stagnante by not appointing anyone to manage us with the transfer window almost closed, and hasn't managed to sell the club. Oh wait...

He's too rash and doesn't think things through.

He reminds me of Del boy. "He who dares wins" as he goes rushing in and making another cock up.

I despair at the idea of them thinking we dont need to add to our squad. Perhaps at best theyll just sell & then replace some of our higher paid earners.

This cock is going to completely fuck up our chances of promotion & end up apologising about it all over again. Round in fucking circles, twat.

Has anyone ever floated the idea that maybe Shearer himself didn't fancy the rebuilding here he'd have to do?  I know this is blasphemy but I am just brain-storming out-loud here.  Maybe the ideas he went to Ashley with were unrealistic for a Championship level.  I don't have the exact quote but I remember in an interview Shearer did he said the ideas he brought to Ashley were if we were in the Prem or not.  Maybe Shearer didn't want to have to lose all of these people that we almost have to lose to balance the wage bill.  Maybe he didn't want to have to do it with a bunch of loanees and youngsters and that's why him and Ashley never came to an agreement?  Rip away!

I despair at the idea of them thinking we dont need to add to our squad. Perhaps at best theyll just sell & then replace some of our higher paid earners.

This cock is going to completely f*** up our chances of promotion & end up apologising about it all over again. Round in f***ing circles, t***.

We have to replace Taylor.

Has anyone ever floated the idea that maybe Shearer himself didn't fancy the rebuilding here he'd have to do?  I know this is blasphemy but I am just brain-storming out-loud here.  Maybe the ideas he went to Ashley with were unrealistic for a Championship level.  I don't have the exact quote but I remember in an interview Shearer did he said the ideas he brought to Ashley were if we were in the Prem or not.  Maybe Shearer didn't want to have to lose all of these people that we almost have to lose to balance the wage bill.  Maybe he didn't want to have to do it with a bunch of loanees and youngsters and that's why him and Ashley never came to an agreement?  Rip away!

You don't seriously expect folks on here to say anything bad about Wor Al, do you? Or more to the point, for anyone (other than indi, perhaps) to be bold enough to suggest that maybe Ashley could see Shearer was clueless how to sort things out?