RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You'd have thought DC would have the fucking brains to come off the phone and ring Llambias as opposed to running with the story and then ringing him. fucking amateurs

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

Did anyone else hear Steve Howey on the radio, say that George Caulkin told him that Ashley took the club off the market 2 weeks ago? I could hardly make out what he was saying as I turned my tv on for this update but it was far to loud and couldn't find the other remote. :lol:

Just spoke to friend at AIG.  He says it's all a funny mixup.  At their latest board meeting they were discussing all the stimulus money they had received.  They tried to return it to the US government but due to a financial/computer goof the government can't take it back because they have no record of the money going out.  While discussing what to do with the extra money (about $ 6 billion) some one had the bright idea to "buy a football team".  They were talking about an american football team (as a joke) but one of the guys (Brit Bertram Womble-Gasser) didn't catch the joke part and set up a trip to Newcastle to table a deal.  It wasn't until he was on the jet to England that the board realized he wasn't joking about the deal and had to issue a recall order to him and squash any deal.

If it wasn't quite obvious already it's not gonna happen before the transfer dealine but thank god we're able to make a few short term loan deals after the deadline! Something positive about the Championship level. I though we had a decent defensive line but looking at today's starting one I'm really starting to have some second thoughts as Simpson surely haven't played at CB before joining us.

Guest dazzanufc1892

anybody just see mike looking very very happy with himself.......looked like he had a 100mil pound smile on his face  :shifty:

Just spoke to friend at AIG.  He says it's all a funny mixup.  At their latest board meeting they were discussing all the stimulus money they had received.  They tried to return it to the US government but due to a financial/computer goof the government can't take it back because they have no record of the money going out.  While discussing what to do with the extra money (about $ 6 billion) some one had the bright idea to "buy a football team".  They were talking about an american football team (as a joke) but one of the guys (Brit Bertram Womble-Gasser) didn't catch the joke part and set up a trip to Newcastle to table a deal.  It wasn't until he was on the jet to England that the board realized he wasn't joking about the deal and had to issue a recall order to him and squash any deal.

That's about as realistic as what's actually going on at the club, tbh.