RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone still blaming Keegan for walking out on this sheister is beyond reason tbh.

Didn't just walk out on him tbh, walked out on us.  Should have just went public with the story then Ashley would have had to either fire him or back him.

:snod:

Anyone with any sense would blame Keegan as well as Ashley. 

The above response spells out what he should have done.

I know how much I love this club, Keegan says he loves this club, I know that I would NOT have done what he did and would have done something like what is suggested above.

Someone who loved the club and the city and the supporters (in his position) would do a MILLION things, would do ANYTHING . . . rather than walk out on the club and supporters so soon after he came back to 'finish unfinished business'.

I know that genuinly blind and almost obsessed Keegan lovers CAN NOT accept that he is even partially to blame.

They just never will, which is a shame.

If Keegan had of waited until he was sacked, he would have been entitled to even more money !!!!

And you would have still been having a go at him for that as well, how about looking at Ashleys part for putting Keegan in the postion where he had to do what he did  ?

he wouldnt the clause that had him only with 2m would have kicked in as well if he was sacked outright

He didn't resign.

Oh yes, of course, he was "constructively dismissed" . . .

and using that term makes a difference, how?

"Dear Mr Keegan, you are constructively dismissed, please leave immediately"

(sorry . . too late - he's GONE already)

He didn't resign.

:kinnear:

Been paying attention the last few days? If he'd resigned, he would have owed the club £2m, not the other way around. Look up constructive dismissal and then have a go with that pdf.

Anyone still blaming Keegan for walking out on this sheister is beyond reason tbh.

Didn't just walk out on him tbh, walked out on us.  Should have just went public with the story then Ashley would have had to either fire him or back him.

I know how much I love this club, Keegan says he loves this club, I know that I would NOT have done what he did and would have done something like what is suggested above.

Someone who loved the club and the city and the supporters (in his position) would do a MILLION things, would do ANYTHING . . . rather than walk out on the club and supporters so soon after he came back to 'finish unfinished business'.

I know that genuinly blind and almost obsessed Keegan lovers CAN NOT accept that he is even partially to blame.

If Keegan had of waited until he was sacked, he would have been entitled to even more money !!!!

And you would have still been having a go at him for that as well, how about looking at Ashleys part for putting Keegan in the postion where he had to do what he did  ?

Why??

We all know that Ashley is to blame for this . . . THAT is not at issue.

What IS at issue is that there are some people who do not think that Keegan shares some of the blame.

I repeat (!!!) he should not have resigned, he should have done what has been suggested  -  if he really loved the club as he says he does.

So you accept that Ashely forced Keegan to walk by lying and undermining him on transfers, but Keegan should have stuck it out and waited for a even bigger fat wedge for getting sacked !!!!

Have i got this right, because if i have then that would have been even worse for the club.

As it stands he got a small payout (how much did fat sam get for getting sacked) and shown to the world how badly Ashley has been running this club.

Why??

What IS at issue is that there are some people who do not think that Keegan shares some of the blame.

I repeat (!!!) he should not have resigned, he should have done what has been suggested  -  if he really loved the club as he says he does.

So you accept that Ashely forced Keegan to walk by lying and undermining him on transfers, but Keegan should have stuck it out and waited for a even bigger fat wedge for getting sacked !!!!

Have i got this right, because if i have then that would have been even worse for the club.

As it stands he got a small payout (how much did fat sam get for getting sacked) and shown to the world how badly Ashley has been running this club.

again if he was sacked in the traditional sense all he would have got was 2m thanks to the clause in his contract

Sources close to Ashley said that even if he were willing to drop his asking price, a bidder would still need £100 million in order to invest enough to ensure Newcastle’s promotion to the Barclays Premier League next year.

It's only a day ago since Barclays where happy with Moat, now he needs £100m to get promotion.

I'M SORRY BUT THIS STORY IS TOTAL TOSH, It has been released by Ashley and his PR department to get Moat to up his price.

Also this kinda poopoo's Sillious story's. If there was £100m in a bank from GS and crew why leak this story and not the GS story ?

i don't see what barclays being happy with moats bid has to do with getting promotion. all barclays will be interested i is that their risk is viable regardless of wether we get promotion or not.

Exactly which just adds to the fact that this new SA bidder story is Ashley propaganda

so your mention of barclays is pointless. could have done completely without the second sentence.

just trying to save some bandwidth (which ic could have done had i not posted thi..........d'oh)

Why??

Keegan should not have done what he did when he did it.  There are no further add-ons, assumptions, perspectives, variations etc, etc, to what I say, nothing about pay-offs in the (then) future - NOTHING.

JUST - Keegan should not have left when he did. That is it!!

And it's a "shame" that you're talking absolute bollocks!

I suggest you look up the word untenable and read the full ruling from last week.

Sources close to Ashley said that even if he were willing to drop his asking price, a bidder would still need £100 million in order to invest enough to ensure Newcastle’s promotion to the Barclays Premier League next year.

It's only a day ago since Barclays where happy with Moat, now he needs £100m to get promotion.

I'M SORRY BUT THIS STORY IS TOTAL TOSH, It has been released by Ashley and his PR department to get Moat to up his price.

Also this kinda poopoo's Sillious story's. If there was £100m in a bank from GS and crew why leak this story and not the GS story ?

i don't see what barclays being happy with moats bid has to do with getting promotion. all barclays will be interested i is that their risk is viable regardless of wether we get promotion or not.

Exactly which just adds to the fact that this new SA bidder story is Ashley propaganda

so your mention of barclays is pointless. could have done completely without the second sentence.

just trying to save some bandwidth (which ic could have done had i not posted thi..........d'oh)

OK misread that this morning as Barclays bank  :dowie: :facepalm:

Hudson, bans himself from posting early in the morning.

If he had waited to be sacked he would have got the same £2 million he got for being constructively dismissed.

If he had waited to be sacked he would have got the same £2 million he got for being constructively dismissed.

If thats the case then there was no point in him hanging around until he got sacked.

Other than to please  manorpark  :frantic:

He didn't resign.

He did resign - you can't sue for constructive dismissal unless you resign.

Guess it all depends on if the ruling that the clubs actions had already "amounted to a repudiation of his contract" retroactively means that he didn't actually have a position from which to resign from at the time.

EDIT:  For example, if you get divorced and a few months later when you go through the paperwork you realise a legal error meant you were never really married in the first place, did you still get divorced?

Five different consortia are competing to complete a takeover at Newcastle, Press Association Sport understands.

Tyneside businessman Barry Moat is one of the interested parties, and the preferred bidder of investment bankers Seymour Pierce, who were engaged by owner Mike Ashley to find a buyer back in May.

However, four other groups, all understood to be based overseas - one of them in South Africa - are also currently engaged in dialogue with the hierarchy at St James' Park.

In each case the interest is long-standing, and the resolution of former manager Kevin Keegan's case for constructive dismissal last week has opened the way for a deal to be struck.

Keegan's legal team, of course, were seeking a total of more than £25million in damages and an award of that magnitude would have had serious financial consequences for the Magpies and any future owner.

But the club were eventually ordered to pay the 58-year-old £2million, a sum that is manageable within the vastly-reduced budget upon which they are operating in the wake of relegation from the Barclays Premier League.

However, while the removal of a major obstacle to any sale has opened the way for significant progress in the takeover saga, there is still some way to go before a deal can be pushed through.

Ashley is still keen to sell but Newcastle's positive start to the season on the field has slightly reduced the urgency to do so.

The sportswear magnate has insisted from the off he wants £100million for the club and that price remains non-negotiable despite speculation some would-be owners believe they can gain control for less.

In addition, Ashley wants the successful candidates to prove they have the cash up front to complete a buy-out, something none of the five have done as yet.

But sources on Tyneside insist, as they have done from the start, no timescale has been imposed on the ongoing discussions and it is simply a matter of who is first past the post.

Newcastle are, of course, a much leaner outfit than they were a few months ago, although that is the result of necessity rather than prudence in the wake of a massive reduction in revenue following the drop from the top flight.

Many members of last season's squad - the likes of Michael Owen, Mark Viduka, Obafemi Martins, Sebastien Bassong, Damien Duff, Habib Beye and Claudio Cacapa - have departed and the annual wage bill has fallen from £74million to around half that figure.

Against the odds, the Magpies still led the Championship table by three points going into the break for international matches and, if they manage to sustain that level of performance and climb back into the big time, their income would increase dramatically once again.

However, so too would their need to buy, with the current squad short on numbers and much weaker in terms of quality than the one that slipped out of the division in May, and that would call for major investment from whoever was in the boardroom at the time.

He didn't resign.

He did resign - you can't sue for constructive dismissal unless you resign.

Guess it all depends on if the ruling that the clubs actions had already "amounted to a repudiation of his contract" retroactively means that he didn't actually have a position from which to resign from at the time.

EDIT:  For example, if you get divorced and a few months later when you go through the paperwork you realise a legal error meant you were never really married in the first place, did you still get divorced?

He resigned on 4th September. The whole point about constrctive dismissal is that you are trying to prove that you were forced to leave because your employer has made it impossible for you to continue. You can't take such an action if you don't resign.

If you are sacked then the action becomes one of unfair dismissa.l

Why??

Keegan should not have done what he did when he did it.  There are no further add-ons, assumptions, perspectives, variations etc, etc, to what I say, nothing about pay-offs in the (then) future - NOTHING.

JUST - Keegan should not have left when he did. That is it!!

Of course. He should have stayed on as a disgruntled employee boosting morale by letting everyone know he wasn't in charge of signing the new players and slagging off Wise & Lllambias in the press until he was eventually sacked for it.

Things would have been so much better. If only...

Out of interest does anyone believe a word of the 5 consortium stuff?

press association ain't exactly bullshitters

But they will be being fed by the same sources as the Times, Mirror etc....

and usually thats not from the ashley point of view as simon bird and caulkin are both harsh critics of him. Ashley slanted "exclusives" tend to appear in the news of the world and the sun (see llambias interview during summer, what keegan was suing for recently in the sun, keegans "wish list" in notw last year

and usually thats not from the ashley point of view as simon bird and caulkin are both harsh critics of him. Ashley slanted "exclusives" tend to appear in the news of the world and the sun (see llambias interview during summer, what keegan was suing for recently in the sun, keegans "wish list" in notw last year

you being serious?  you reference the 2 national journalists who actually like Newcastle as a club and say therefore the press association won't be fed Ashley's bollocks

you being serious?  you reference the 2 national journalists who actually like Newcastle as a club and say therefore the press association won't be fed Ashley's bollocks

and are you being serious with the outcome of the keegan case showing them as a bunch of liars that any press organisation with a shred of dignity would take anything that comes from the ashley regime as anything other than a bunch of self serving lies