RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest nwgeordie

SSN broadcast live twice daily in USA on Fox News Channel with English commentators and file content.

The funny thing is that even once an agreement is announced, we'll all be expecting progress straight away on the sale completion, the Shearer appointment, transfers in and out etc.

And fuck all will happen. Again. :lol:

Since when is there a SSN in America, and is it different? And why would an American law affect a European consortium? ???

Edit - it's something to do with terrorism. WTF? :lol:

this particular part is to do with the movement of money from and to certain countries. like most things i guess the UK has agreed to go along with this.

Guest nwgeordie

After the flurry of activity over the last 24 hours things have gone very quiet. Anyone read anything in to that ominous change?

After the flurry of activity over the last 24 hours things have gone very quiet. Anyone read anything in to that ominous change?

could be small print,dotting I's etc. I'd be expecting leaks in sundays press and official stuff monady or tuesday.

could be small print,dotting I's etc. I'd be expecting leaks in sundays press and official stuff monady or tuesday.

Fucking hell, even madras reckons a resolution is near. :celb:

f***ing hell, even madras reckons a resolution is near. :celb:

thats as close to nailed on as you'll get.

Waiting to be bought is like waiting for an x factor result. The new owner is!!!! .................................... We'll find out after the break!

with us, its one of those "we'll be back after the news"........but its a breaking news ITN bulletin.

the show NEVER returns  :weep:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article6633397.ece

July 4, 2009

Newcastle told to sell Martins and Coloccini

George Caulkin

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, has been urged to accept offers for Obafemi Martins, the forward, and Fabricio Coloccini, the defender, to smooth the sale of the club.

Coloccini has been linked with Atlético Madrid, Zaragoza and Seville, and an injection of capital would reduce Newcastle’s overdraft at a critical time. The policy is being recommended by Seymour Pierce, the investment bank handling the sale. Alan Shearer, who hopes to be appointed Newcastle’s permanent manager, was not intending to rebuild his team around either player.

Is this a worry or nothing?

If Shearer is the first choice of the Malaysians and what they're saying about him not wanting to rebuild around either is true, then no, I don't think that is a worry.

If Shearer is the first choice of the Malaysians and what they're saying about him not wanting to rebuild around either is true, then no, I don't think that is a worry.

I didn't mean in terms of the players going; I couldn't give a fuck. I meant in terms of having to raise some funds 'to smooth the sale of the club'.

July 4, 2009

George Caulkin

Mike Ashley, the Newcastle United owner, has been urged to accept offers for Obafemi Martins, the forward, and Fabricio Coloccini, the defender, to smooth the sale of the club.

Coloccini has been linked with Atlético Madrid, Zaragoza and Seville, and an injection of capital would reduce Newcastle’s overdraft at a critical time. The policy is being recommended by Seymour Pierce, the investment bank handling the sale. Alan Shearer, who hopes to be appointed Newcastle’s permanent manager, was not intending to rebuild his team around either player.

Urged by who?

July 4, 2009

George Caulkin

Urged by who?

Tbh I missed it first time, too.

I didn't mean in terms of the players going; I couldn't give a fuck. I meant in terms of having to raise some funds 'to smooth the sale of the club'.

It could suggest that they don't have a lot on top of the £80m, perhaps?